I am not allowed to date or talk to women romantically

Page 6 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have you had a very bad reaction to someone breaking up with you in the past?

I believe it is true that friendships with women can sometimes turn into romances with women.

It's natural for a person to want a romantic relationship with another person----whether the person is "disabled" or "not disabled."

I did have a rather nasty decade-long on and off again relationship but that was the worst trouble i had.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
It sounds like you might be better off walking away from all of it and seizing independence instead.

Well the only ways for me to seize independence from my parents would be being homeless on the streets or locked up somewhere for life in a state insitution or group home.

It would certainly involve a significant disruption at first and because of that I can't suggest it's a good course of action but at the same time depending on how much the situation with your parents is hurting you it still might have a similar cost/benefit analysis.

That said, I'd also not tell them if a relationship is romantic because they've chosen to create a circumstance where it's reasonable to deny them those details.

Well I imagine my parents would start figure out its romantic if I get married or spend the bank account money on dates.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
AFAIK, group homes don't lock people up.

Why are you unable to work?
I am unable to work because of my aspergers but I have been trying to get a job for about a decade and i really have not had much luck.
There are different jobs. Asperger's is a condition that may make you unable to do one but perfectly suited for another.
What are you good at?

Well I am good at preaching but I dont know if a church of Christ would hire me since I drink in moderation.We have been trying to get a job for my aspergers through the state job supported people for close to a decade and they have not gotten me a good job yet.I am thinking about possibly working for my church but idk if they would hire a drinker.

I'm not sure it's your employer's business if you moderately drink.

well i think churches may have the freedom to not hire moderate drinkers in the US and a lot of the church members would prolly talk about me if they saw me having a beer.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:44 am

magz wrote:
If your church is already so important part of your life, I think seeking some employment within it would be a good idea.

Ya i think it could be a good idea but I kind of doubt they would hire me since I drink in moderation.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:45 am

Personally when information isn't anyone else's business I just don't share it and don't answer honestly when asked.
If it's not the other party's business they're not entitled to an honest answer.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Oct 2021, 9:49 am

Is it your religion's requirement not to drink?
How hard would it be for you to give up drinking?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 9:52 am

magz wrote:
Is it your religion's requirement not to drink?
How hard would it be for you to give up drinking?

it has traditionally been the policy of the church of Christ that all drinking is sinful.But I dont believe thats biblically accurate so I dont want to conform to that tradition.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Oct 2021, 10:01 am

My knowledge of the Bible supports your point of view.
However, you're certainly not commanded to drink alcohol by the Bible, either.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:10 am

In the United States, there are certain Protestant sects which are stricter than most other Protestant or Roman Catholic groups.

The Church of Christ is rather strict in many ways.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:12 am

magz wrote:
My knowledge of the Bible supports your point of view.
However, you're certainly not commanded to drink alcohol by the Bible, either.

Okay thanks, magz.I appreciate it.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:14 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
In the United States, there are certain Protestant sects which are stricter than most other Protestant or Roman Catholic groups.

The Church of Christ is rather strict in many ways.

ya i would say the church of Christ is one of the strictest Christian groups out there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:16 am

As far as state institutions go:

No entity would put a person in a state institution if all they had was Asperger's Syndrome, or are relatively high-functioning within their classic autism.

I would say you won't be institutionalized----unless you presented an imminent threat to yourself, or other people.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:17 am

My dad said that they would think about allowing me to get on dating sites after we figure out social security so a little progress has been made.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
As far as state institutions go:

No entity would put a person in a state institution if all they had was Asperger's Syndrome, or are relatively high-functioning within their classic autism.

I would say you won't be institutionalized----unless you presented an imminent threat to yourself, or other people.

Oh okay.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:35 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My dad said that they would think about allowing me to get on dating sites after we figure out social security so a little progress has been made.

Holy crap!! !! Your parents actually made a compromise?

I must admit, allowing you to go on dating sites after obtaining social security at the ripe age of 31 is still highly abusive and you should still view them as the thoroughly controlling, manipulative, sadistic and morally corrupt people they really are. Don't be fooled by the odd nice gesture as what they're doing us far, far to little far to late and they know it. They're probably only doing it because they know they will have to start fearing you if it goes on much longer.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 10:41 am

Nades wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Holy crap!! ! ! Your parents actually made a compromise?

I must admit, allowing you to go on dating sites after obtaining social security at the ripe age of 31 is still highly abusive and you should still view them as the thoroughly controlling, manipulative, sadistic and morally corrupt people they really are. Don't be fooled by the odd nice gesture as what they're doing us far, far to little far to late and they know it. They're probably only doing it because they know they will have to start fearing you if it goes on much longer.

Yes it appears that they may of made a compromise after much effort on my part but my dad said we will have to run it by my counselor.