I am not allowed to date or talk to women romantically

Page 13 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 9:38 pm

Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My parents dont allow me to date and I am 31.I want to settle down and get married by 40 and its kind of hard to do that when you are not even allowed to talk to women romantically or go on dates.There's not really any way to meet someone in my town except church.And there's not anyone at church so I may never get married.And the parents of women at church may not want their daughter marrying me i drink beer and wine in moderation.I am not allowed to be a member of dating sites and dating apps.It is so frustrating.Ugh.What should I do?My parents are forcing me to be single.

How can your parents do this if you are 31? Makes no sense.

because in Texas its considered "their house,their rules" and I cant afford to live anywhere else.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 9:40 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
You have to get away from them!
Love the sinner, hate the sin. Respect your parents but not abuse.

I wish i could but its either be homeless or be locked up in a state insitution for decades.

Suggestion. Get a job, save money, and get out of this messed up situation.

I am not allowed to save money or get a job that will pay my bills because of the program regulations.

What kind of education do you have?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 9:42 pm

Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

I wish i could but its either be homeless or be locked up in a state insitution for decades.

I am not allowed to save money or get a job that will pay my bills because of the program regulations.

an associates, a bachelor's, one masters in a religious field, and two doctorates in religious fields.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 9:47 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

an associates, a bachelor's, one masters in a religious field, and two doctorates in religious fields.

My god and you can't get a job? Why not become a College professor of theology or philosophy or become a pastor or priest?

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2021, 9:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well that seems weird, why are you giving them so much control of your life...?

Idk if my mom tried to be that oppressive I probably would have went homeless instead, but at least once I was an adult she realized she couldn't make all my decisions for me. But well part of that is I would not have let her...cant you leave or give ultimatum like how can she actually stop you meeting people? Sorry your mom sounds insane but you should find a way to not be controlled by her...just because she gave birth to you does not mean she owns you.

With my parents (while they were among the living) it was quite simple: abuse me, as well as the girl, mentally and emotionally, until the girl says “kiss off, ya jackass!”

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 10:24 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

So you have several advanced degrees and lots of money, but you're still controlled by your parents? It doesn't add up. Even if you have some legal restrictions based on your autism, if you have a reasonable case, I'm sure you could find a lawyer to contest them in exchange for some of that money.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 11:04 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

So you have several advanced degrees and lots of money, but you're still controlled by your parents? It doesn't add up. Even if you have some legal restrictions based on your autism, if you have a reasonable case, I'm sure you could find a lawyer to contest them in exchange for some of that money.

The church policy is that we are not allowed to sue other church of Christ members.So if i sued I would risk getting kicked out of the church for good.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 11:08 pm

Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

My god and you can't get a job? Why not become a College professor of theology or philosophy or become a pastor or priest?

Well I am a self-employed pastor part-time and I am working on planting my own church of Christ and I am currently getting members buts its gonna take some time

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 11:26 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

The church policy is that we are not allowed to sue other church of Christ members.So if i sued I would risk getting kicked out of the church for good.

Sounds more like Scientology than any Christian Church I've ever heard of.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 11:31 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

So your church doesn't allow justice? Time to find a new church.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 11:48 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

My church is the only suitable church in the area.Every church of Christ has that same policy.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:24 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

My church is the only suitable church in the area.Every church of Christ has that same policy.

How about the Baptist or Methodist Church?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:34 am

Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

How about the Baptist or Methodist Church?

No the Baptist and United Methodist churches are not suitable for me.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 4:15 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:

well my parents control all the money due to the legal restrictions.I would have to get off benefits to get control of my money and I would quickly run out of money if i did that due to healthcare.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2021, 5:18 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
AFAIK, group homes don't lock people up.

Why are you unable to work?
I am unable to work because of my aspergers but I have been trying to get a job for about a decade and i really have not had much luck.
There are different jobs. Asperger's is a condition that may make you unable to do one but perfectly suited for another.
What are you good at?

Well I am good at preaching but I dont know if a church of Christ would hire me since I drink in moderation.We have been trying to get a job for my aspergers through the state job supported people for close to a decade and they have not gotten me a good job yet.I am thinking about possibly working for my church but idk if they would hire a drinker.

I'm not sure it's your employer's business if you moderately drink.

It is their business if they a very fundamentalist congregation, especially if they preach predestination and predeterminism (something I still struggle with, even after leaving that particular church some 40 years ago.)

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2021, 5:54 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
magz wrote:
^ And because of this you can't have your own account?

Right my parents have to manage my bank account due to government policy on this program.Having my own bank account would not help me save for an apartment or anything because I am forbidden to save money by the Federal Government because I am on that program from the government and I am pretty much stuck on that program.Its because I can only have a very small amount of money to my name at all times and Representative Payee program for Social Securitymy parents get the checks and i dont and they have forbidden me from using that money on dating sites.

Can’t you go to a shelter? What the hell type of program is that? Pre holocaust ghetto Nuremberg laws?

The program is a type of Social Security.

This sounds like the representative payee program. http://www.ssa.gov/payee/