Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 1:30 pm

Just saw her in a one date and apparently she is not stopping texting me during this weekend, not only that but also long video calling (yikes!), I had to fake my connection speed to make it slow so she lessens the video calling.

If I go silent for an hour or so she texts asking where am I.

At least she stops texting during her work but otherwise... jeez.

Any polite way to make her stop? So far I came up with few excuses like watching series or something (which are true), but they didn't last much.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 1:46 pm

This is probably not the best advice, but what I usually do in this situation is be slow to reply. Maybe only reply once a day, or skip a day here and there. Since she needs a lot of attention, hopefully she'll move on and find someone with a similar energy level :lol:

If she gets aggressive or pushy, I would block her. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 1:54 pm

I do not want to drive her away either. I mean meeting her for long dates and texting for planning would be more than enough, at least in my book.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 2:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I do not want to drive her away either. I mean meeting her for long dates and texting for planning would be more than enough, at least in my book.

Oh okay, I misunderstood!

In that case I would probably just tell her straight up, I'm not a big texter, but I'd be happy to meet up and chat in person, or something along those lines.

Keep it friendly, but make boundaries clear.

I hope you get to enjoy some in person dates with her :D

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 5:00 pm

Tell her you still have to pay per text on your cellphone plan.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 5:33 pm

Blimey it sounds like a nightmare. Sometimes that happens and I usually respond slowly if possible like mentioned above.

If it's constant calls and endless phone ringing then tell her it's getting a bit annoying.

Boundaries need to be laid if social norms and not understood.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Nov 2021, 12:46 pm

I've been on the other side in that situation with romantic relationships. I was the one who was too needy & too clingy with messaging & such. I think being long distance was part of my problem as well as my BAD anxiety & BAD OCD. My advice is to be direct with her about it but also be very reassuring & considerate. Let her know you'd much rather spend time with her in person than text or vid chat. I cant guarantee she would understand & back off & not be upset(I had a MAJOR problem with not being upset) but if there is a big problem for her you may be forced to make the choice between going along with it or ending things.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 9:26 am

Not video calls! 8O

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2021, 12:07 pm

Simply say that you go 'Flight Mode' to avoid phone radiation . Or to allow yourself to reset .

Just make sure she can't see your active on anything . If you're really trynna avoid . If you want her to stick around and avoid hurting her feelings . Otherwise , just tell her you will cal her a bit later to set in stone you aren't participating in communication in the mean time .

She must be keen . Could be worse .. for example if she left you on 'seen' or 'read' . At least she is bothering 8)

OutUponATreeBranch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Nov 2021, 2:50 pm

So I don't know if this is true or not, but both my mother and sister say that women don't want to hear the truth... but I still wouldn't straight up lie about the texts charges and stuff. Just back off and see if she calms down on her own. Or make like off remarks like, "I don't have that much time on my hands", "I'm working", "I'm with my dude friends", "etc" "etc"

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2021, 4:58 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
This is probably not the best advice, but what I usually do in this situation is be slow to reply. Maybe only reply once a day, or skip a day here and there. Since she needs a lot of attention, hopefully she'll move on and find someone with a similar energy level :lol:

If she gets aggressive or pushy, I would block her. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Honestly, I think that is the best advice. I find people communicate a lot via speed, lengths and numbers of replies, and it means you don't have to lie to that person and it's a big hint that IMO doesn't hurt.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 3:40 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
Tell her you still have to pay per text on your cellphone plan.

There's no costs for texting in apps like whatsapp.