"Mozart and The Whale" screening at ASA National C

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jul 2005, 1:14 pm

The movie will be screened at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum ( In Nashville) on this Thursday, July 14th at 6:30PM. Following that will be a showing of "Autism is a World." I will be there as well as the original producer, Robert Lawrence, who was also VP of new projects at Universal Studios when "Rain Man" was produced. Sue Rubin, subject of the other movie, will also be there.

Tickets are scarce but there is no charge. 215 seats and a conference with 1500 registered. 100 will be up for grabs and the other 100 will be saved for those who attend the pre-conference programs on wednesday. So auties and aspies who go to that should be in luck.

Jerry Newport

PS: If I posted this before, I apologize.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 1:56 pm

You have posted this before... but it's awesome!

Very interesting movie...

I read some of your books... like the one where eco-terrorists are running a biotech company and special forces have to stop them without being hypocritical...

No wait... that was Tom Clancy...

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 2:55 pm

Feste-Fenris wrote:
I read some of your books... like the one where eco-terrorists are running a biotech company and special forces have to stop them without being hypocritical...

No wait... that was Tom Clancy...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're improving Feste-Fenris..... that one was funny :P

Great stuff Jerry - any idea when the release date in Europe is yet? If you've mentioned it already I must've missed it.

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 3:50 pm

ditto dunc. (ooer - sounds all latin and posh).

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2005, 3:49 pm

The movie's Europe release won't be set until there is a final decision on its fate in the USA. It looks more positive for a theater release. The screening at the ASA conference could not have gone better. I can't say more than that here but it really went over well for a balanced audience of autism/aspie leaders, our peers, parents, professionals.. they all loved it.

For me, listening to the sustained reaction at the end felt like giving birth after a nine year pregnancy :)

Jerry Newport

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2005, 4:00 pm

So did you actually see the movie? Or did some one on here see it? Was it great. It must be great is Josh Hartnett is in it..

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 4:28 pm

Josh Hartnett is a good actor. It doesn't seem like younger males get picked for roles based on their talent very often anymore.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2005, 9:15 pm

berta wrote:
So did you actually see the movie? Or did some one on here see it? Was it great. It must be great is Josh Hartnett is in it..

The screening could not have gone better. That is all I am allowed to say. The audience contained a good mix of teens and adults on the spectrum and they all liked it. Most loved it.

Jerry Newport

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 1:57 am

well done to you then, jerry. it must be great to feel it's all happened, after all this time. congratulations! i can't wait for its UK release.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2005, 5:53 am

vetivert wrote:
well done to you then, jerry. it must be great to feel it's all happened, after all this time. congratulations! i can't wait for its UK release.

Thanks. Listening to the audience react at the end was a relief. It was like giving birth after a nine year pregnancy. I will feel better once it has a distributor in the USA and UK. It will have an audience but TV is the last resort.

Jerry

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 7:39 am

noooooooo! i haven't got a telly! i'll have to wait for the DVD to come out! oh, hang on... i may know someone i can charm into letting me watch it on HIS telly.. ;)