Why do I want a boyfriend so badly?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 12:19 am

cyberdad wrote:
I'm dealing with my 16yr old stalking her crush at school since October last year. Since coming back to school he's been aggressive toward her and it's been real hard for her to deal with rejection,

Part of the problem is online friends told her to pursue her crush. The dude (who's Korean) is a bit of a prick (I met him at school birthday parties) but what can you do. He's also a kid.

Is she into kpop/k-drama?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 1:10 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I'm dealing with my 16yr old stalking her crush at school since October last year. Since coming back to school he's been aggressive toward her and it's been real hard for her to deal with rejection,

Part of the problem is online friends told her to pursue her crush. The dude (who's Korean) is a bit of a prick (I met him at school birthday parties) but what can you do. He's also a kid.

Is she into kpop/k-drama?

Surprisingly no. She likes classical compositions which she plays/composes herself on piano/violin but for relaxation she has an eclectic mix of boy bands, metal and she listens to one R&B group on repeat called the Baha Men.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2022, 4:24 pm

No, there are many girls your age who often feel insecure about finding a boyfriend at that age. What you are facing is peer pressure. However, you have lots of time. Your teens and 20’s seem to be the time when the pressure is on to meet and get married. When in reality, that’s unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 7:40 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
No, there are many girls your age who often feel insecure about finding a boyfriend at that age. What you are facing is peer pressure. Your teens and 20’s seem to be the time when the pressure is on to meet and get married. When in reality, that’s unrealistic.

You also have a valid point.

@ OP: How many girls at your school have BFs that you encounter on a daily basis? As I mentioned before in this thread, many girls at my own HS rejected me because I was not a popular kid and was "too weird" for their liking. During my senior year, I behaved more like a freshman without realizing it. :oops:

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:30 pm

you'll probably have a boyfriend while still in your teens or early 20s, thats an almost guarantee for women

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2022, 3:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
skrish234 wrote:
I want a boyfriend so badly. I don't know why, even though I'm still in high school.  The problem is that I can't find the guy who is "my type".  I've crushed on many guys but they aren't right for me.  One of my friends has a boyfriend, and she already had a boyfriend.  The problem is that some guys in my class are afraid of me.  I don't know why.  Is it wrong for me to want a boyfriend?
At your age, prioritizing a boyfriend over earning a high school diploma is probably not a good idea.

Why do you want a boyfriend at all?  Is it because your friend has a boyfriend and you feel less of a person/woman than her?  Is it because all of the popular girls have boyfriends?  Is it because having a boyfriend will prove something to yourself and/or your parents?

Be honest with yourself.

Fnord, I wish I knew you when I was in high school. You would have saved me a big waste of time, and struggle.