My gf seems to be bothered that I am 'white and privileged'.

Page 7 of 35 [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 11:50 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
That's why I vote for law and order, and the freedom to protect myself, my home, and my store with licensed firearms.

Q-Anon rioting in the capital was a sure sign of their dedication to law and order and respect for rule of law. It wasn't a failed attempt at a far-right coup at all. /s

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 11:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Q-Anon rioting in the capital was a sure sign of their dedication to law and order and respect for rule of law. It wasn't a failed attempt at a far-right coup at all. /s
Gee... a few broken windows in one filthy building that never should have gotten built. Or... $2 billion dollars in damages all over America the business owners can never get back.

I hope a conservative sponsor buys out this site! I'll gladly pay him/her the way George Soros paid Antifa!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2022, 11:58 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Gee... a few broken windows in one filthy building that never should have gotten built. Or... $2 billion dollars in damages all over America the business owners can never get back.

So much for that dedication to law and order. :lol:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 3:33 am

Aspie1 wrote:
the way George Soros paid Antifa!

When did George Soros ever pay any money to any Antifa group/person/entity, and what is your evidence that he (or the Open Society Foundation) did so?

In another post, you wrote:

Aspie1 wrote:
But when Antifa loots and/or burns down your favorite independent bookstore for a cheap thrill

What is your evidence that the looting and burning was done by Antifa activists, rather than by opportunistic criminal gangs?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 3:58 am

Aspie1 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I hope a conservative sponsor buys out this site! I'll gladly pay him/her the way George Soros paid Antifa!

Ashlie Babbitt got a hole in her head

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2022, 4:18 am

Aspie1 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

But, what would the opinion be if the riot/coup was successful? At least liberals don't pretend they hate government while seeking office.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 9:33 am

Well there's been some significant drama with me and my gf lately, and I feel like after trying on relationships so heavily now over the years, perhaps I just can't take relationships seriously anymore. Maybe because of my autism, it's just too hard and I might as well just stick to casual sex and FWBs and that's it. If a woman asks for a relationship, do not take it seriously and just casual.

What do you think? Perhaps for some people, this might be best?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 9:57 am

Somehow, I sort of figured this might be the end when she mentioned "white privilege."

What sort of drama? Was it related to politics?

Nope....I would seek to have a nice relationship with a person, rather than a FWB sort of thing. I've been in FWB situations; I would usually feel empty after indulging......

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 5:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Somehow, I sort of figured this might be the end when she mentioned "white privilege."

Is that what the OP is saying? perhaps he's thinking about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 7:40 pm

I said it's possibly the end.....I didn't conclusively say it WAS the end.

I'm just speculating, obviously.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2022, 10:49 pm

I've calmed down now and maybe I was over-reacting but one thing I get tired of and kind of embarrassed by is how she seems to be politically sensitive and prudish.

I have a couple of guy friends who's female partners are the same way, so is it common for women to be more politically prudish compared to a more of the guys?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 12:29 am

ironpony wrote:
I've calmed down now and maybe I was over-reacting but one thing I get tired of and kind of embarrassed by is how she seems to be politically sensitive and prudish.

I have a couple of guy friends who's female partners are the same way, so is it common for women to be more politically prudish compared to a more of the guys?

What do you mean by politically prudish? Also white privilege does exist, but also does she know you have autism? I mean autism is a disability and disabled people even if white are still at a disadvantage and likely do not have as much white privilege as a neurotypical white male.

Idk when I first sort of heard the term white privelege and heard a little about it, I was bothered and offended. Because I thought it meant like feeling guilty for what people did before but it's not really about that. It's more just being aware of the history and how certain people have been impacted. I mean I think you mentioned she is native or part native and native americans have been severely discriminated against and still don't have good government representation.

But that is why I wonder if she knows about you having autism or that you may have struggles with social interaction, I mean she may be thinking you're a typical neruotypical white male who has their whole life figured out and is just choosing to be ignorant.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 12:48 am

I just mean prudish as she has to jump to race, gender, etc, with all these little things, like it bothers her even though I do agree it applies in some cases, it does not apply in the cases she goes over, so therefore prudish about it if that makes sense.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 1:42 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ironpony wrote:

What do you mean by politically prudish? Also white privilege does exist, but also does she know you have autism? I mean autism is a disability and disabled people even if white are still at a disadvantage and likely do not have as much white privilege as a neurotypical white male.

Idk when I first sort of heard the term white privelege and heard a little about it, I was bothered and offended. Because I thought it meant like feeling guilty for what people did before but it's not really about that. It's more just being aware of the history and how certain people have been impacted. I mean I think you mentioned she is native or part native and native americans have been severely discriminated against and still don't have good government representation.

But that is why I wonder if she knows about you having autism or that you may have struggles with social interaction, I mean she may be thinking you're a typical neruotypical white male who has their whole life figured out and is just choosing to be ignorant.

I think since ironpony's g/f is native American she probably also needs to be a little flexible with ironpony. I don't think its fair to jump on him for laughing at something on TV.

A relationship requires give/take from both sides. Ironpony isn't prejudiced.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 1:43 am

ironpony wrote:
I just mean prudish as she has to jump to race, gender, etc, with all these little things, like it bothers her even though I do agree it applies in some cases, it does not apply in the cases she goes over, so therefore prudish about it if that makes sense.

I keep repeating myslef but you need to talk to her. I have this horrible feeling you struggled to keep a long term relationship in the past because you trip over trivial things without talking it out.

Sorry I know that sounds harsh but if it's bugging you this much then you owe it to her.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2022, 1:48 am

Oh yes for sure, I will talk to her. For, sure thanks! It's just in the meantime I get these pessimistic thoughts about it racing through my head.