Comparing myself to other men with bad temper

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What is your explanation for this?
My temper tantrums are worse than other peoples 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Women like me less for other reasons 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
I throw temper tantrums at earlier stages in a relationship 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
That article was focused on super patient types of women rather than women at large 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 2:12 pm

So I read the article about the men with bad tempers https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... d-tantrums While the author of the article "thought" they were criticizing men and holding them responsible, what struck me is something quite opposite to that. In particular:

1) They mentioned how a lot of women put up with men with bed tempers. This led to obvious question: how come women don't put up with me when I have bad temper?

2) They advised women to give men time, such as a month or two, to fix it. In my case, I am begging women for ONE SINGLE DAY and they won't give me even that. Not even five minutes.

3) And I am not even saying "I will learn to control the temper in a day". No. I am saying "I will stop the temper this very second, just stick around for a day to see how I will 'not' be having a temper". But in that article they actually advise women to put up with mens temper for a month, since its not realistic to stop it right away. So I promise to never do it again and can't even get THAT kind of chance, while the women in the article are actually being told to allow for some future incidents without leaving.

So what do you think? Is it because my temper tantrums are worse than the ones of other men? Or is it because, due to my bad social skills, women don't like me for other reasons -- and thats why they don't have that much of a motivation to overlook the temper things? Or is it, instead, because that article was focused on later stages in a relationship (or even married couples) while in my case I throw temper tantrums at the earlier stages?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 7:11 pm

Probably because a lot of NT men with bad tempers (and no mental health problems) can be nasty people as well and know how to have power over the woman so they stick with them because they are scared.

However, an autistic person like yourself is probably more nicer as a person and less controlling or have less power over the woman, so she isn't scared of you enough to stay with you. Angry NT men know how to have a hold on their wives/girlfriends and are able to use that charm to convince them to stay. A lot of autistic men lack this, women usually see their tempers as a weakness and just leave.

Just my opinion.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2022, 8:52 pm

I am not sure what you mean by NT men scaring the women into staying. Are you saying they are afraid that if they leave they would be subjected to physical violence? If so, thats what police is for. Or are you saying they are afraid that men would turn their friends against them (which is what I, admittedly, can't do)?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 6:04 am

That’s idealized.

The police can only do so much.

In NY State, assault can only be proven when there’s an evident physical injury.

There are women who are economically dependent upon abusive men.

And many instances when women are afraid to “move on” from abusive men.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 7:13 am

I used to have a bad temper.

The only solution is to seek to restrain it, not lament that people with bad tempers “get away with it”—while you don’t “get away with it.”

Rise above your human flaws.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 12:12 pm

QFT wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by NT men scaring the women into staying. Are you saying they are afraid that if they leave they would be subjected to physical violence? If so, thats what police is for.

This sounds like you're unfamiliar with the experience of being in an abusive relationship and reaching out to police, most of the time they're useless in that context.

Kraftie explained some of the other factors pretty well.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm

QFT wrote:
1) They mentioned how a lot of women put up with men with bed tempers. This led to obvious question: how come women don't put up with me when I have bad temper?
Maybe there are other reasons.
QFT wrote:
2) They advised women to give men time, such as a month or two, to fix it. In my case, I am begging women for ONE SINGLE DAY and they won't give me even that. Not even five minutes.
"Begging"?!  Well THAT alone could be the biggest "red flag" that women see in you!  Never, ever beg or show desperation.
QFT wrote:
3) And I am not even saying "I will learn to control the temper in a day". No. I am saying "I will stop the temper this very second, just stick around for a day to see how I will 'not' be having a temper". But in that article they actually advise women to put up with mens temper for a month, since its not realistic to stop it right away. So I promise to never do it again and can't even get THAT kind of chance, while the women in the article are actually being told to allow for some future incidents without leaving.

So what do you think? Is it because my temper tantrums are worse than the ones of other men? Or is it because, due to my bad social skills, women don't like me for other reasons -- and thats why they don't have that much of a motivation to overlook the temper things? Or is it, instead, because that article was focused on later stages in a relationship (or even married couples) while in my case I throw temper tantrums at the earlier stages?
It is most likely because, due to your bad social skills, women don't like you for other reasons -- and that is why they do not have much motivation to overlook your temper.  I mean, there is no reason for them to stick around if a "bad temper" is not the only reason to avoid you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 6:07 am

I wouldn’t give a woman with a bad temper a chance. Tantrums are baby stuff.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 10:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t give a woman with a bad temper a chance.

If you read that article, it talks about men getting away with temper and women not, because of "boys will be boys" stereotype. They mentioned study where at a work environment, women with temper got lower ratings on surveys then men with temper did.

Now, I am not saying that this is right. I, personally, believe both genders should be treated equally. Maybe I would be in favor of women getting away more rather than men less -- since I believe in second chances.

But, regardless of whether this is "right" or not, if the fact of a matter is that men get away -- yet I don't -- then there is an underlying reason for it. And this post asks for this reason.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 11:05 am

QFT wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn’t give a woman with a bad temper a chance.

If you read that article, it talks about men getting away with temper and women not, because of "boys will be boys" stereotype. They mentioned study where at a work environment, women with temper got lower ratings on surveys then men with temper did.

Now, I am not saying that this is right. I, personally, believe both genders should be treated equally. Maybe I would be in favor of women getting away more rather than men less -- since I believe in second chances.

But, regardless of whether this is "right" or not, if the fact of a matter is that men get away -- yet I don't -- then there is an underlying reason for it. And this post asks for this reason.

Not to detract from your struggles, but being able to get away with it just conditions one to feel it's allowable and since it often isn't it's kinda priming a person for potentially putting themselves in a catastrophic situation when they find a commonly used coping mechanism is suddenly not acceptable.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 1:50 pm

My belief, truly, is that you have to rise above the people who get away with having a bad temper.

You have to be a better person than they are.

That would be my attitude.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 3:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
My belief, truly, is that you have to rise above the people who get away with having a bad temper.

You have to be a better person than they are.

That would be my attitude.

There is a difference between "rising above others" because of my own moral compass and doing so because I am forced to by society.

I rose above others, all on my own, in terms of deciding not to have sex before marriage. That is fair and square since it was my own decision as opposed to other people making me do that. In fact, some of my past girlfriends wanted sex and I insisted on refusing.

On the other hand, in case of anger, its not my own decision. Its other people imposing double standard on me when they are less forgiving of me than of others. And this kind of double standard, imposed from outside rather than inside, is what I resent.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 5:47 pm

Personally, I don't like people who lose their temper. It's not pleasant for me.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 9:30 am

Back to the earlier comment, I think one of the people who responded to this thread included some links that talked about the way men force women to stay. I was busy with school work so I postponed reading them, but I was about to go read them now yet they aren't there any more. Were they editted out? If so, I wish you could re-post them, as I would like to read them.

But in any case, if its true that those men keep the women by sheer threat, then no I don't envy them. Because what I am after is emotional connection. And if a woman only stays because she is afraid to leave, there won't be any of such connection.

I guess I just have hard time believing that truly is the case. I mean in Islamic countries, yes, it happens all the time. But as far as the US, its just hard to believe.

Well, if I do "suspend my disbelief" for a second, then I can take it one step further, and replace anger with any other social flaw, such as not saying please or thank you, or not smiling, or not holding doors open, etc. Do you think other men who don't do those things can have girlfriends and I can't, also because they somehow threaten and/or manipulate them?

If so its just really hard to believe. If I look at happy men and women around the campus who laugh together and have a good time together, are those women just pretending because they are threatened?!

And the other ironic thing about it is that I have a sense that it is me who the women are scared of, and they wouldn't talk to me because of this. So are you saying that they are scared of other men even more, its just that other men can "scare them into pretending they aren't scared" and thats why it "seems as if" its only me they are afraid of?!

Like I said its just really hard to believe.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 11:15 am

im a woman with a vicious temper

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 3:17 pm

Thinking "I have a bad temper, and women just have to accept that is the way I am" will not solve your problem, I guarantee that.

Thinking "I am going to handle my temper and not impose it on anyone, woman or man" will go a long way toward solving your problem, if you act accordingly.