Honest question.

No. But I've seen some whom
I wish I could have grown old
with.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2007, 5:29 am

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 8:17 am

i know a guy who only dates women that weigh more than 300 lbs... he says he likes em that way... dude is never lonely...

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 1:12 pm

^^i know someone like that too but did you count how many are like this in your whole social network?? Or you people just pick the very rare exceptions of the rules to prove the validity of the beholder crap statement?

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

10 Aug 2007, 5:42 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^i know someone like that too but did you count how many are like this in your whole social network?? Or you people just pick the very rare exceptions of the rules to prove the validity of the beholder crap statement?

Wouldn't just one example be sufficient to prove that we're not all programmed to like the same things?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 6:04 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

Wouldn't just one example be sufficient to prove that we're not all programmed to like the same things?

Also an assumption that there are two mutually exclusive minority and majority stances.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

10 Aug 2007, 6:14 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Also an assumption that there are two mutually exclusive minority and majority stances.

Who? Me? I didn't meant to imply anything of the kind.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 6:49 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

not you :D

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

10 Aug 2007, 6:52 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
gwenevyn wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

not you :D

Phew. Carry on. :D

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 7:05 am

the replies of this thread : http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... dee710548f

proves that love can't be just 'in the eye of the beholder '

attraction leads to love and attraction are set of natural LAWS that apply on all of us .

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 1:37 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
the replies of this thread : http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... dee710548f

proves that love can't be just 'in the eye of the beholder '

attraction leads to love and attraction are set of natural LAWS that apply on all of us .

That picture is pretty hot too, in fact anyone with a Deathawk. 8)

So what were you saying about attractiveness? Something like set laws, like such and such traits are always attractive?

Fixed Picture*

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Last edited by Deus_ex_machina on 20 Aug 2007, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 9:34 am

^^ yes , then how you can explain when a whole bunch of guys(or girls) agree about the attractiveness of someone in specific ?

Like these bunch of girls i know at work , during the lunch break ( i was just eating and listening without participating in the convo ) one of them was talking about a specific co-worker guy and how much she finds him hot (and he's really apparently attractive in fact , he 's handsome , tall , muscly and charismatic ) and the 3 other girls agreed with her and they kinda melting when they were talking about him .

Same thing for guys , i remember that when bunch of guys at school and at univ talk about girls (usually girls of their own class) which is a very common conversation between guys when they are together and always seem to agree on the same girls as most hot girls of the class or of the school . I am sure that you saw such phenomenas before .

Never notice at bars or night clubs that the guys there usually float around the 10% of the girls there and leaving the other 90% girls?

Never notice that in real live shows like Big brothers , Star academy or Perfect Bride ( these shows are not my fav at all but my sisters watch them all the time ) usually the girls participants are drawn to 1 or 2 guys ? or better never notice that the girls of the audience usually applaud for 1 or 2 guys of this show and they are usually the most handsome ones ? (like in perfect bride for ex) ?

there's million of examples that show that beauty is not in the eye of the beholder ....or maybe this beholder represents the majority?