Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 9:00 am

I hope this will work.

There are a lot of people on WP who are single and looking for partners.
Men in particular seem to complain about online dating being difficult.
People usually say they don't know how to promote their best qualities.

I was thinking we could use this space for eligible people to practise writing basic dating profiles.
Others could give feedback or ask questions.

I've never used online dating so idk what types of questions they ask.
If anyone has suggestions they'd be welcome.

I'm thinking:

Gender Looking For (Orientation):
Type of Relationship Looking For: (Longterm, etc.)
Smoker or Non:
Diagnosis if Relevant:

Basic location or Time Zone (Do not give specific address):

Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers):

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.):

Living Arrangement (If relevant):

Education:

Hobbies / Special Interests:

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media (no direct links):

Best qualities:
Less-desirable qualities:

Name 3-5 of your favourite music bands:

Ideal date activity:

Write a blurb about yourself like an Intro:

This is meant to be serious.
No attacking other members.
Feedback would be welcome if the person wants it.

I hope this isn't opening a bad can of worms, but I thought it might help some people.

Enjoy!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 10:42 am

Gender Looking For (orientation): I’m open.
Type of Relationship Looking For: Longterm
Smoker or non: Either.

Diagnosis if Relevant: Autism Level 1/AS, CPTSD, GAD, MDD, etc.

Suspected: ASPD (antisocial personality disorder), I hope that’s not a problem.

Basic Location: Pennsylvania, like Transylvania but without the vampires, to the best of my knowledge

Any Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers): I’m God. Any potential partner must support my quest to become Supreme Leader. The world has not had enough female dictators. I’m hoping to rectify that.

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.): I have one son who was conceived through immaculate conception. Few men have engaged in coitus with me and lived to tell about it. My sexual prowess knows no bounds, though. Those who survived found the risk worth it.

Living Arrangement (If relevant): I live in a castle on a secluded mountain.

Education: I have a BA in English and am a thesis short of an MA in the same topic. I’m strongly opposed to practical pursuits, outside of studying and perfecting the art of mind control.

Hobbies / Special Interests: Reading, playing the piano, studying languages, playing video games, and world domination.

Fave Movies: Star Wars franchise, Lord of the Rings trilogy, and all things Alfred HitchCOCK
Favorite Games: Zelda games, mind games
Favorite Social Media: Wrongplanet. Occasionally, I like to argue with people on Reddit.

Best qualities: sociopathy, high-intelligence, unrestrained sexuality, creative, talented, imaginative, passionate, ambitious, ambidextrous

Less-desirable qualities: N/A (TwilightPrincess does not have undesirable qualities.)

Hootie and the Blowfish
The Beach Boys
The Village People

Ideal date activity: moonlit stroll in the castle cemetery

Write a blurb about yourself like an Intro: Yo. If you’re seeking a badass woman, look no further. There’s never a dull moment when I’m around. My insatiable lust for adventure, knowledge, and power makes me the ideal candidate for anyone eager and willing to take the passenger’s seat. Don’t let that intimidate you! I’m just a normal gal who loves long walks on the beach and cuddles in the heat of a funeral pyre.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 30 Aug 2023, 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 11:06 am

Brain doesn't really feel gendered -- that doesn't mean it's masculine (or feminine, or even working.)

Gender Looking For (Orientation): MEN MEN MEN MEN MEN

Type of Relationship Looking For: (Longterm, etc.)
The kind where we can be in love online and I don't have to meet you irl.
That's always awkward.

Smoker or Non: Non

Diagnosis if Relevant: ASD Level 2, ADHD-C, Complex PTSD, Major Depression, General Anxiety, Agoraphobia, Scopophobia, Panic Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder including really bad light sensitivity and Misophonia, Alexithymia, Mutism, two strokes which blunted my emotions, shamefully bad EF, and assorted Genetic Hodge Podge Syndromes.

Basic location or Time Zone: Western Hemisphere

Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers):

No strong religious views apart from metaphysics. I believe in the possibility of reincarnation and ghosts as a form of energy. It has nothing to do with God, and of course I might be wrong. It just makes life a bit more interesting while I'm here.

Political views: I don't follow organised politics but my credo is The Golden Rule, and "Live and Let Live, Love and Let Love". Don't be a dick. Don't discriminate or put people in categories and boxes. I guess I'm a humanist.

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.): I'm divorced but I consider it more like an annulment because that wasn't a proper marriage. It was all on false grounds. I have adult children who are brilliant and they are my world.

I also have three cats, two young kittens, and a dog.

Living Arrangement (If relevant): I own a house but have a mortgage. You will not be moving here and I will not be selling under any circumstance for you.

Education: MPhil., MA, BEd, BA

Hobbies / Special Interests: Reading, Blogging, Being Online, Cleaning up pet urine, Hanging out at the vet.

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media (no direct links): It's a Wonderful Life, Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club

Best qualities: I'm kind of nice when I'm not having a meltdown or shutdown. Low maintenance. Don't want much.

Less-desirable qualities: I barely speak. I don't like going anywhere including outside. Don't know pop culture.

Name 3-5 of your favourite music bands: Van Halen, Foo Fighters, Rancid.

Ideal date activity: Netflix and Chill, minus the Netflix.

Write a blurb about yourself like an Intro: You already know me so I'll leave it at that.

WisteriaRose
Toucan
Toucan

30 Aug 2023, 11:30 am

Gender Looking For (Orientation): Male
Type of Relationship Looking For: Longterm
Smoker or Non: Non because smoking is bad for you
Diagnosis if Relevant: ASD level 1

Basic location or Time Zone (Do not give specific address): Camelot

Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers): I :heart: Jesus.

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.): I’ve never been in a serious relationship. I’m a virgin.

Living Arrangement (If relevant): I live with my parents and cat.

Education: I have a high school diploma.

Hobbies / Special Interests: dancing, reading, and gardening

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media (no direct links): I love romantic comedies and dramas. :heart:

Best qualities: I’m kind, sweet, and a good listener.
Less-desirable qualities: I’m very shy.

Ariana Grande
Meghan Trainor
Taylor Swift

Ideal date activity: going for a walk in a wooded park and to dinner in a candlelit restaurant afterwards

Write a blurb about yourself like an Intro: I’m a hopeless romantic who’s looking for Prince Charming. I love 19th century literature, fantasy, and the Anne of Green Gables series. My favorite color is pink, and I’m a girly girl who still believes in fairies. :heart:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 11:41 am

Not tor free Issy.

I accept via Western Union.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 1:25 pm

Male, though after my ASD diagnosis, and observing the huge percentage of Autistics who are also on the LGBTQ+ spectrum, I asked myself “WHY do you identify as Male?”. So far, I can’t come up with anything better than “I dunno, seems right, more or less?”.

Gender Looking For (Orientation):
I truly dig chicks.
I am sympathetic to Trans Women, but am oriented toward those that were production-line models.
A straight or Bi woman is OK with me, and I have dated both.

Type of Relationship Looking For:
As long as possible, with just one woman.
VERY unlikely to ever (again) pursue a Poly relationship- just TOO complex for my meager social skills.

Smoker or Non:
Non, due to my aversion to the filthy practice, and the health issues, BUT, I’d like to be able to learn to smoke at least well enough to ingest the few recreational substances that are most easily administered this way. There are good drugs and bad drugs, and I hope you understand this!

Diagnosis if Relevant:
Clinically diagnosed with ASD Level 1 at age 53, though I suspect that I may well qualify for Level 2, given that I’ve thus far not conclusively proven that I can live a fully-functional, fully-independent life.
Major Depression and General Anxiety diagnosed in the same clinical evaluation where I was diagnosed with ASD Level 1.
I was incorrectly diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder for over 20 years, (all three sub-types), by various doctors, including a VERY renowned expert in the field at Tufts University.

I am VERY likely to perfectly qualify for a PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) Autism sub-type diagnosis, if that was a “thing” in the United States, where I have always lived. This f*****g SUCKS, I promise you, and it almost killed me earlier this year.

I probably have Marfan’s Syndrome, but have not had the genetic test, and don’t have the more egregious physical manifestations of it, besides my stature (6’, 5-3/4” at age 30 (no idea how much I’ve shrunk since then…)).

Basic location:
A VERY small town in rural Northern Nevada that is FULL of weirdos. I like it here, but am not “married” to the place.

Religion:
I am an atheist, and highly prefer the same general attitude toward religion in a partner, but am gradually becoming more and more open to the ideas of others in this regard. That said, a committed Theist will likely NOT be compatible. I have long-since lost my zeal to “de-convert” others, and would not likely try to dissuade you from any notions of spirituality.

Political views:
I’m now in the realm of “All politics sucks ass, and is the cause of the inevitable downfall of what remains of our increasingly fragmented civilization”. Formerly a Libertarian, since about age 13, when I had noticed that people get all worked up about politics, so “I’d better make up my mind about it”. The best I could do at the time was decide that “as little government as possible” was as good a plan as I could come up with, but that seems to be a completely unworkable idea, at this point. I have voted Republican and Democrat, at times, but don’t even vote any more, really, aside from signing my blank mail-in ballot and giving it to someone who still takes voting seriously (yeah, go ahead and report me…)

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.):
Despite having a DEEP interest in girls since maybe age 8, I did absolutely nothing about this interest until age 30, when I posted some online dating profiles. I met my first girlfriend a few weeks later, and we were together for 2 years. A year into the relationship, I asked her to marry me, and she (conditionally) said yes, but we never made it “legal”.

Since then, I’ve been on dates with 4 other women, and ended up in LTRs with 3 of them, the last for 13 years (that one “officially” ended late last year, but it had been failing for years).

I am still in contact with all of my exes, and never fall out of love with anyone...

I have no children, and took the necessary surgical measure to insure that this cannot happen. I highly prefer that you have none, as well, but I am flexible in this regard. One of my exes had three sons, all diagnosed Autistic, and her husband at the time had also been diagnosed with ASD as an adult (yes, my ex and he were still married at the time I was “dating” her, and everyone involved was fully aware of and approving of the situation).

Living Arrangement:
I technically have lifetime use of a lot with an old house here in town, though the house will need a LOT of refurbishment to be livable. But that living situation has some very hampering “strings attached”, and is not likely to be practical. I am currently living in my old $950 motorhome, plugged onto the grid power of a friend’s workshop here in town. I WAS planning on moving to Northern Vermont, to live in a very small real log cabin that is on a friend’s property there, but have realized that this is not going to be a good idea for me, and have reconsidered. I MAY be able to soon buy a modest house here in town that has been unoccupied for over a decade, and will need some moderate repair, but this is far from a certainty yet. I will require the financial assistance of family to make this happen, but if it does, it will likely be a "forever home" for the wayward old mutt that is me...

Education:
I repeated and never finished 9th grade, dropped out, then got a G.E.D. (which I was never asked to show to my employers, so what was the point of even bothering?). After briefly working a few minimum-wage jobs that went poorly, I graduated from a trade school at age 20, and worked in that field (A long-term special interest) for several years after that. I have a couple college credits from when I was able to attend some classes at Utica College during my first relationship, due to her being able to get me free tuition, given her position at the College. I have an intense interest in self-education, and virtually all of what I know has been autodidactically acquired.

Hobbies / Special Interests:
Virtually anything technical / scientific, entheogens, vehicles of many types, photography / videography, nature / animals, electronics, writing, philosophy, history, building / remodeling houses, music (now almost exclusively listening, but I dabbled in playing it, as a child), movies, guns, exploring offbeat places, cycling, and lots more that isn’t coming readily to mind…

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media:
Scifi, comedy (especially standup), historical stories.
Social media is a vice for me more than an interest, and I’d love to have reason to refocus that attention on an actual human, NOT the digital avatars of such…

Best qualities:
I am stupidly intelligent, though seemingly declining in this regard as I age. I can FEEL it…
I am often quite pleasant to be around, and have gradually learned to simulate social graces very well, as long as they are not too frequent, of too long a duration, or with people I find boring and/or annoying (that’s MOST of them!). Alcohol works magnificently for me as a social lubricant, but I find it to be of no value otherwise, and don’t indulge in solo drinking, except on rare occasions, which ends up with me being reminded that it’s no fun on my own, and just makes me feel physically ill. I’ve had two TERRIBLE meltdowns related to an overdose of alcohol in intense social circumstances, and am now wary of exceeding my limits.

I don’t require coddling or lots of external validation, but appreciate it when it happens. I try to repay the favor when and as I notice that it’s needed and appropriate.

I am a very attentive lover, and get genuine pleasure out of discovering what makes a woman respond, sexually. I’m rather out of practice in this regard, having been involuntarily celibate for more than six years.

Less-desirable qualities:
I rarely reach the point of meltdown, but when I do, it can be TERRIBLE. I will much more often just withdraw and shutdown, when overstressed. I lose pretty much my ENTIRE skillset when in a deep shutdown state, and can take a long time to recover. Even conversation, something I’m normally VERY good at, becomes a deep struggle when I’m badly burned out. You WILL assume I hate you when I’m at my worst, though I don’t.

Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Mozart

Ideal date activity:
Wandering around a cool new little-known spot in the boonies, cameras in hand (not the WHOLE time)

I am quite multi-talented, and able to learn what makes you respond well to me.

That said, I highly recommend that you look elsewhere, as you can do better!
I will very likely end up being intensely disappointing to you, as I’ll cause you to believe that I can do SO much, but will not be able to maintain my efforts to entertain, build your dreams and enlighten you in every regard, indefinitely, and will inevitably find myself in a funk, unable to live up to high expectations that everyone who’s ever known me well has built up in their minds.

Darron

Last edited by GadgetGuru on 30 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2023, 6:51 am

Hey, I'm kinda partially back from my haitus, but I just checked this forum out of curiosity, and...well, liked to fill this form out, myself.

Gender Looking For (Orientation): Female (Heteroromantic Demisexual)
Type of Relationship Looking For: (Longterm, etc.): Longterm, definitely
Smoker or Non: No smoking :eew:
Diagnosis if Relevant: ASD

Basic location or Time Zone (Do not give specific address): Florida

Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers): Episcopalian, not really into politics because of all the conflicting crap that's been going on.

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.): Single since forever

Living Arrangement (If relevant): Living with a mom, a younger brother, and 2 cats

Education: College dropout, but did get high school diploma

Hobbies / Special Interests: Video Games, Biking, Golfing, Animesque Artwork, Reading

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media (no direct links): Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Legacy of Kain, Camp Half-Blood (books, NOT movies! Unless the upcoming series on Disney+ is ACTUALLY good)

Best qualities: Determined, Hard-working, Respectful (mostly), Funny at times, Studious
Less-desirable qualities: Distains strong profanities (mild ones like 'damn', 'hell', and 'crap' are ok), Impulsive, Quick-Tempered, Overly Sensitive, Shy

(^ correct me if I'm wrong, though. I don't think I know myself, much, anymore. :oops: )

Name 3-5 of your favourite music bands: Lifehouse, Queen, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry, and Journey (yes, I really like rock music)

Ideal date activity: Usually, somewhere where me and my date both like to enjoy in, like a park, a theatre, or a restaurant.

Write a blurb about yourself like an Intro: Mae Govannen. (Elvish greeting) I'm Dan, possibly the most oxymoronic person you'll ever meet. :roll:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2023, 9:01 pm

Come one! Come all!

Post your dating profiles here!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2023, 9:45 pm

I just read back over my dating profile. I‘m absolutely irresistible. At least, my boyfriend thinks so. :lol:

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2023, 10:21 pm

Gender Looking For (Orientation): Male
Type of Relationship Looking For: (Longterm, etc.) Marriage (long-term)
Smoker or Non: I do not smoke
Diagnosis if Relevant: I am Autistic (Aspergers syndrome)

Basic location or Time Zone (Do not give specific address): A small town in Northern California

Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers): I do not want children although I might reconsider it if I meet an amazing enough man

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.): Dated before (had boyfriends) but never married

Living Arrangement (If relevant): I live with my brother

Education: Graduated high school and might go to college

Hobbies / Special Interests: Watching TV, playing video games, listening to music, making things, etc

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media (no direct links): I like video games by Nintendo (Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros. etc) and have a Facebook account

Best qualities: Sweet, Caring, kind, resourceful, fun, etc
Less-desirable qualities: Lazy, unmotivated, sometimes pessimistic

Name 3-5 of your favourite music bands: I am not really into mainstream music anymore

Ideal date activity: Maybe eat at a fine-dining restaurant then back to his house for some :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hi my name is Sara and I am seeking a man for a possible long-term relationship!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2023, 11:59 pm

Age: Very early 50's, but tend to think of myself as younger than I am... So widens potential dating age... (Within reasonably reason).
Looking for: Female.
TOR looking for: Long term as in marriage etc. (Though dating comes first of course!).
Smoker or non: I don't smoke and rarely ever drink, though I am embarissed to say I find a female smoker sexually attractive. But either way. Just not into drinking culture.
Diagnosis: Don't know at present (Part way through assessment).
Basic Location: Wales, UK.
Important info: Politically homeless at the momsnt to be honest! Prefer Conservative to Labour (As last time they were in they made some incredibly silly long term damaging decisions!) but very few represent my views. Am Christian. Dealbraker would be someone who regularly gets drunk or high. Not to say I don't like them as people. Just the pub/club lifestyle is not my thing.
Relationship history: Almost dated at 16 but due to faceblindness, disn't realize I was standing right next to date for 30+ minutes (45 minutes of waiting I went home). She was incredibly upset and I was really upset I upset her so I didn't want to try to date again. Then in my my mid 30's a young lady where I work convinced me I would not mess it up if I dated her and she would approach me if I didn't recognise her or was too scared to approach her. Dated for around 4 1/2 - 5 months before her sister accidently told me that she was already married. I heard her story of how he dissapeared back to his parents months after they had married and she was getting a devorce. Stupidly I believed her as I was very deeply blinded with love with her, and ended up engaged to be married. Then one day about six months into the dating, she just broke all contact. Wpuld not nswer texts ot calls. Would not come to the door if I called in (Hours journey). Her family would not talk. Blamed myself and became suickdal tempting fate. Didn't know until told six months later by a work collegue who was waiting to warn me as we wefe on opposite shifts, that she had been dating another the time I was dating her. Second girlfriend came when I was in my mid 40's. She was on the spectrum. Saw her about twice a year as was mostly online or over the telephone. I ended it, as I just knew deep down that there was another for her. Cared deeply for her. I introduced her to her husband! She cut all contact about a couple of weeks after it was over. (We had also been best online friends. Lost touch. Saw her once since with her husband (They had not married at the time). Not seen her or heard from her since, but she was the first person I met where I puzzled if I was on the spectrum, as she then had me try that online test which I scored quite high on the autism side. Not really properly dated (As in regularly meeting) other than those two and the second I only saw a few days twice a year. Still a virgin to be honest.
Living Arrangement: With Mum. (Did once have my own home but sold it and broke even due to several burnouts along with many family related things happening at the time. But never really lived there as spent more time with parents. Was lonely to be honest).
Education: Have various qualifications/certificates but worked my way up the job ladder based on work experience rather than having any decent qualifications. (Education system was a bit like torture for me even though some of the teachers/lecturers were nice people. Was the school/collage enviroment... Being a bit of a loner amongst hundreds of other kids! It was like my insides said "Help! Let me out!" : D ).
Hobbies/special interests: Trains, bicycles... Also like cars... Railway/transport related history and local history (Though moved area since).
Fav. movies, games etc: Homecoming (1987), The Railway Children (1970's), The Ghost Train (1930's), Gregorys Girl (Early 80's?), Hook Line and Sinker (1920's), The Goonies.
Best Qualities: ? (Don't know what to put. How do I write about myself?)
Less desirable qualities: ? (Help!)
3-5 of favourite music bands: Dire Straights. Angelettes (Two of their songs), Cyndi Lauper, Blondie, ABBA, Mamas & Papas...
Ideal date activity: A walk at a beach or a castle or somewhere scenic and nice like a woods or forestry or up a lovely mountain where we can sit and enjoy the views!
Blurb about myself: (Uhmm... :D ).
Want a lady that will hold me and never let me go! (Am scared incase I run and hide due to nerves!)
Needs to be a lady who lives in the UK, as I could not go abroad as customs and airport experience is not somsthing I would want to do!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2023, 12:30 am

I thought you were a wee bit younger than that, MG.

Funny how we get the wrong impression sometimes.

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2023, 1:13 am

I also thought MG was a lot younger.
Could I order a mix between IL and TP please? With a bit of BB thrown in for good measure.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2023, 1:30 am

Oh, this could be amusing. I'm in.

Gender: I don't feel as though I have one. If it matters to you, I am afab.

Gender Looking For (Orientation): Eh, I don't care about gender. I'm a sex favorable aspec. I'll gladly elaborate if you care.

Type of Relationship Looking For: (Longterm, etc.) That's a good question. I think I'd like something serious, real and long-term. But reality is that relationships scare the hell out of me and as a result, I keep shoving people away. I also know that some people are worth being scared for. I think I'm ready to be scared and okay with that.

Smoker or Non: Oh, I don't care. I'm trying to quit smoking and have been using a vape pen to taper down to zero nicotine levels, but it doesn't bother me to be around smoke. I'm not that kind of reformed smoker.

Diagnosis if Relevant: It is relevant for me, as I am a train wreck of a human. If I could be bothered to get dx'd now, I'd likely get a dx of asd lvl 2. I also have anxiety issues (that I argue), ocd (mostly under control), cptsd, a dissociative disorder (also mostly under control), and a general dx of jacked in the head- nos. I'm a freakin peach.

Basic location or Time Zone (Do not give specific address): I'm in the states, est.

Important Info (Any strong religious or political views / dealbreakers): I have no issues with people who have different political or religious views as I do so long as we can be mutually respectful to each other. If it matters to you, I'm an agnostic with a leaning towards athiesm. I'm also a centrist leaning towards libertarianism. But at the end of the day, I really don't care much about either. One important thing though is kids. I have some. They are grown and gone. I don't want more. People who want kids are a no no for me.

Relationship History (First Timer, Divorced, Children, etc.): I'm twice divorced. Well, technically, I'm still married because paperwork is my enemy (yay executive function issues!) and the ex can't be bothered to filer either, but hey, it's not like we talk or anything. We've both moved on and we both suck at adulting. It is what it is. I also, as I mentioned, have grown children. Two biologically mine, two stepchildren, and then a million more who call me mom.

Living Arrangement (If relevant): I own my own house outright. It's a piece of crap, but it's my piece of crap. I live alone. Unless you count the dog. Then I live with a dog. He's great. Oh yeah, that's another deal breaker, if you don't like my dog you can go to hell.

Education: I ended up in adult ed, then tried a few times to go to college. I never did graduate college. I 'd go then get burned out and quit, repeat, until I finally stopped trying because it was killing me.

Hobbies / Special Interests: Does napping count as a hobby? I take relaxation very seriously. Beyond that I do like primitive camping and vanishing into the woods whenever possible and wandering around. I'd actually like to sell my house, be homeless and live out of a tend and my car, going from national forest to national forest and just existing. I think that sounds amazing.

Fave Movies, Games, Other Social Media (no direct links): Eh, I'm not really into movies or social media. Unless this place counts as social media. I come here sometimes. As for games, cards against humanity is good (because I'm a degenerate) and I like puzzle games as well.

Best qualities: I'm openminded, patient, brutally honest, and loyal to a fault. I'll also unapologetically tell people how awesome they are if I think they are, in fact awesome. I've been told I'm a good ego petter. I don't have much else to offer that isn't obscene, as I'm a crappy person in general.

Less-desirable qualities: I tend to make people feel like I don't give a damn about them due to my need for down/alone time. I have this ability to make people feel absolutely alone in my company. I suck as a partner. I'm also batsh** crazy. But hey, that could be a bonus if you like 'em crazy.

Name 3-5 of your favourite music bands: Hm. Just 5? Lately I've been digging on Tricky, Beastie Boys, Talking Heads, In This Moment, and most things Mike Patton has his grubby paws up into.

Ideal date activity: Ooohhh... I just want sit around and talk...not superficial crap, but what makes you tick, what do you think is amazing, what impacted you as a person...stuff like that. I like learning about others and if people let me know about them, I think that is awesomeness.

Write a blurb about yourself like an Intro: Lunatic who is trying to not only not self-destruct, but be a better human, seeks like-minded individual to share some life and space with. I'll refill your cup of morning coffee sometimes if you refill mine sometimes to.

Oddly enough, that isn't much different than my last online dating profile. Lol. God, it's no wonder I'm single.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2023, 2:27 am

I'd seriously date you. ^

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2023, 6:56 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I thought you were a wee bit younger than that, MG.

Funny how we get the wrong impression sometimes.

Haha! But I always tended to see myself as being younger than I am. Example. If I look at ladies I think are "My age" to date, they will often be around 10-20 years younger. I remember once following a group of young lads into a shop thinking I was their age and suddenly realizing I was twice their age!
My Great Granfather had the same issue, as when he was around 96 years old (He died at 98), they wanted him to spend afternoons at a nursing home so he could talk to people as he was rather isolated, and he went and came out again saying "I'm not going in a home filled with "Old people!"" He saw himself as being in his 20's and associated himself with people of that age! The ones he met in the nursing home were 20 years younger than he was! For years and years I saw myself as in my 20's but now I see myself as being around my mid 30's which causes a problem with dating.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 28 Nov 2023, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.