Guys to overprotective of there girlfriends?

Page 8 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:03 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
How long has the OP been trying to chat up, pick up, or hook up with women at the same location? If more than a few months, then he has likely already gained an uncomplimentary reputation among all the patrons there, thus reducing his chances to less than nil.
Staring at women probably isn’t helping, either.
Staring, chatting up someone else's girlfriend, interrupting private conversations, and dodging his turn to buy the next round -- all that would inspire people to decide to avoid him before he even shows up.

Getting kicked out of bars…

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:08 am

The best thing to do in a bar is hang out with your buddies. Play pool. Watch sports. Stuff like that.

Get to know women in the bar socially, without seeming like you're trying to hit on them.

This sort of thing happens all the time. Men and women face common realities, and commiserate with each other in bars. Sometimes, the friendships in bars between men and women turn romantic.

I would say many pubs/bars are places which sponsor charities, or sponsor social events. Here in the US, bars frequently sponsor something like softball games, or they sponsor some charity, or both.

Alas, though, there are bars which are just pickup joints. Not suitable for anybody seeking a suitable partner in life.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 08 Aug 2022, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The best thing to do in a bar is hang out with your buddies. Play pool. Watch sports. Stuff like that.

Get to know women in the bar socially, without seeming like you're trying to hit on them.

This sort of thing happens all the time. Men and women face common realities, and commiserate with each other in bars. Sometimes, the friendships in bars between men and women turn romantic.

It’s even better to find other things to do. Bars are not great places to meet sane, decent people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 9:11 am

I agree that, ultimately, it's better to avoid bars altogether.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 12:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Is even going to a pub/bar once or twice a week to much for someone like me?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 12:07 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It COULD be if its getting you into these situations every time. How often do you go out and have an uneventful time?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 12:20 pm

DanielW wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It COULD be if its getting you into these situations every time. How often do you go out and have an uneventful time?

Not really sure how to answer that

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 12:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:
DanielW wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Not really sure how to answer that
Try truthfully.

Many of your posts seem to focus on events you experience while at a bar or pub.

Do you go to the same bar/pub each time?  Do you see the same people there each time?

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 1:22 pm

Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The talking to a woman while knowing she's on a date----that's pretty ridiculous.

I would bet that 99 people out of 100 men wouldn't do this.

The problem is......the thread wasn't about speaking to a woman on a date. It was just a question about whether it's appropriate to speak to a woman when her boyfriend is present which is all together different.

I dunno who made the whole date thing up.

The Venn diagram of (non-lesbian) women who are in a bar on a date and women who are in a bar with their boyfriends is a single circle.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 1:25 pm

rse92 wrote:
Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
The talking to a woman while knowing she's on a date----that's pretty ridiculous.

The problem is......the thread wasn't about speaking to a woman on a date. It was just a question about whether it's appropriate to speak to a woman when her boyfriend is present which is all together different.

The Venn diagram of (non-lesbian) women who are in a bar on a date and women who are in a bar with their boyfriends is a single circle.

This is true. :lol:

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 1:30 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Yes it does actually a lot of the time our mannerisms are not like normal people. We just can't help behaving a certain way.

What do you mean we, Kemosabe?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 1:43 pm

rse92 wrote:
Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Approaching a woman on a candle lit dinner vs approaching one with her boyfriend possibly across the other side of the bar while she chats to other people is different.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 2:05 pm

Did James know that the woman had a boyfriend present? That's the question, really. If he didn't know, and she was talking to other people, then it's less of a sleazy situation than if he knew she had a boyfriend and especially that he knew that he was was present.

Still, I would probably not go up to a person talking amongst friends if I was a total stranger to all of them. Woman or man. There are times when strangers are welcome; but, in my experience, most of the time, strangers aren't welcome in these gatherings of friends who know each other.

One day, you should watch an old Saturday Night Live sketch known as "Wild and Crazy Guys." Those two guys had no sense of "boundaries."

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 2:12 pm

I don’t understand why people are refusing to recognize the pattern of behavior here. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 2:17 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I don’t understand why people are refusing to recognize the pattern of behavior here.
I see it.  Maybe one day, Jamesy will see it too.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 2:20 pm

To me, honestly, it seems like this guy likes to "go against the grain," so to speak. He's not the worst kind of guy (one who would harm women)--but it seems like he enjoys provoking people so he can get some sort of a laugh. This is the sort of thing that might cause annoyance and unpleasantness within women.

If I had the experiences this guy had, I would conclude to myself that bars just aren't the place where I would want to spend my off-time. I like for people to like me, not to want to put a "kick me" sign on my back. I had enough of the "kick me" signs in high school.