When to talk about getting laid

Page 4 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

enz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 6:29 pm

when you (almost) completely know someone

Last edited by enz on 22 Aug 2022, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 6:30 pm

This relates totally to the thread.

It's about creating optimal conditions for two lovers to enjoy each other, if they want to enjoy each other.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 6:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This relates totally to the thread.

It's about creating optimal conditions for two lovers to enjoy each other, if they want to enjoy each other.

It seems to be more about how to get a partner into bed in the first place than a discussion of what to do once they’re already there. The Adult Forum would be a good place for that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 6:37 pm

And I believe "getting someone into bed" shouldn't be so slick.

The "method" really should be "no method."

I believe it's optimal when it happens naturally.

I never had a "method."

If I had a "method," I would fall flat on my face. I'd be laughed at from here to Kingdom Come.

I learned that "getting laid" as a sort of victory is a hollow victory, really.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 7:21 pm

There’s nothing wrong with a purely sexual relationship as long as both parties are fully informed that that’s what it is and consenting.

Sexual experiences like this mean different things to different people. Some may find them hollow, others not so much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:00 pm

I was talking more about the pursuit of “getting laid” and the alleged “victory” obtained via “getting laid.”

I thought I would be exuberant after my “first time.” I thought I would attain a “higher echelon” of status.

Instead, I had an “oh well” feeling. A feeling of anticlimax because the exuberance and the “raise in status” didn’t come.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:59 pm

Most women are looking for a serious relationship and not a "Wham - Bam - Thankyou Maam!"

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was talking more about the pursuit of “getting laid” and the alleged “victory” obtained via “getting laid.”

I thought I would be exuberant after my “first time.” I thought I would attain a “higher echelon” of status.

Instead, I had an “oh well” feeling. A feeling of anticlimax because the exuberance and the “raise in status” didn’t come.

I don't think I saw anywhere where the OP said that he viewed "getting laid" as a "victory." It might just be normal desire. Sex feels good, allegedly.

Once again, it's not a problem as long as it's clear that both he and the woman want the same thing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:08 pm

Well...dont use the term "getting laid" when you talk about it -with the person you are hoping to "lay". Lol!

When the two of you are already caressing and necking you might ask "if we can get closer?". Something like that.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:22 pm

I'd imagine that most men want some reasonable belief that a woman may stick around before taking her on a very expensive date or paying for a vacation and world travel with her.

Just to try and weed out the women who may hop off to the next guy and see what he feels like spending her.

You don't want to be taken advantage of, and you try to minimize the chance of being taken advantage of as much as possible by getting to know a woman before spending on expensive dates with her.

In the same manner, women try to weed out guys who only want sex and then move to the next woman. By delaying sex (or expensive gifts) until after you known the person and feel that they like you for who you are, you can theoretically minimize your risk of being used and hurt.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 9:37 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
I'd imagine that most men want some reasonable belief that a woman may stick around before taking her on a very expensive date or paying for a vacation and world travel with her.

Just to try and weed out the women who may hop off to the next guy and see what he feels like spending her.

You don't want to be taken advantage of, and you try to minimize the chance of being taken advantage of as much as possible by getting to know a woman before spending on expensive dates with her.

In the same manner, women try to weed out guys who only want sex and then move to the next woman. By delaying sex (or expensive gifts) until after you known the person and feel that they like you for who you are, you can theoretically minimize your risk of being used and hurt.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:29 pm

Sex DOES feel good….when most things come together for the couple.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sex DOES feel good….when most things come together for the couple.

You seem to think that everyone's experience is going to be just like yours.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:35 pm

I certainly do not……

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:57 am

Noamx wrote:
To be honest, I agree, but atleast here in my country(Israel), there are alot of women who are immature and even women who are 25+ here behave like a 15 years old, for some reason. I dont really know why, thats just how the culture is like here. Yeah, its a very sad situation, no doubt about it, and I'm kind of jealous at Canadians and Americans who tend to be more mature at the age range of 21 - 30 or so. Here, its the complete opposite. The women here are so immature, its crazy man. But other than that, they're also not taking anything seriously, so "getting laid" isnt even relevant, and trust and respect is difficult to do when the woman is so immature and fails to take a relationship seriously. So thats the problem I'm dealing with now, I havent yet really found a woman who is mature enough to her age, which means I need to work harder to find the right one. Its a big problem, and Israeli women have a tendency to be immature, gold diggers, closed minded, or all at once. Sad, right? What do you think about all this?

I really doubt that Israeli women are especially immature. My wife's female ancestors were Ashkenazi Jews and they took responsibility for EVERYTHING while their husbands spent their free time davening. My wife also takes on too much responsibility if you ask me, especially in comparison to her two brothers. When I was in Israel, I got the impression that Israelis thought Westerners were relatively child like because they hadn't spent their entire lives facing an existential threat. Most of them knew somebody who had died in the War of 1973 CE. It might not be quite the same today, but your understanding of women is probably a major hindrance in your goal to find romance. If you have female family members, you should perhaps ask to discuss your views with them and after they're done screaming at you they might tell you some things to help you understand. Painful but necessary medicine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 8:12 am

In Israel, virtually all men and women have to serve in the armed forces for, I believe, two years.

And there's a bunch of countries who want to blow Israel to smithereens.