Reasons for not being interested

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 6:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
It's not a good strategy, unless perhaps you're particularly charismatic and/or good-looking, or in an environment where it's more socially acceptable like maybe a bar.

That avenue is also closing up
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/ ... 7941231d93

Lol what the hell? How does a club decide what the cutoff is at staring too much and what if some women are wearing skimpy clothing? Could that be entrapment or something?

What if you're autisitc and stare too much or too little?

They are aware that careless accusations of "harassment" when none has occured is also harassment right?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 7:48 am

I certainly never was able to just go up to women and ask them for dates; I'm just not that impressive.....

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 10:11 am

I’m late to the party, but the truth is that most women aren’t going to flat out tell you why they’re not interested in dating you.

Yes, some women are truly “too busy” for a relationship, but oftentimes, the truth is that they’re not interested in dating you and being too busy is simply an excuse. They’re too busy for you but not too busy for a guy they really like.

Why aren’t some women interested in dating you? It’s the same reason why you’re not interested in dating some girls. Maybe you don’t like their personality, their values, or you’re simply not physically attracted to them.

Maybe the girl you’re talking to really likes tall “manly men” and you look like a stereotypical nerd, essentially you’re not the girls type.

Maybe she’s a devout Christian and wants to wait until her wedding night, and you came across as a drunken frat boy that just wants to party and hookup.

Maybe throughout the date, you did certain behaviors that turned her off. Maybe she really hates shy guys and wants a dominant man, maybe you talked crap about other people and she didn’t like that. Maybe you brought up sexual topics too early and it made her uncomfortable.

You really have no idea why a girl will say no to you so most of the time, all you can do is speculate. You may not want to know the truth anyways; if a girl is rejecting you because she thinks you’re ugly and fat, do you really want to know that?

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 3:54 pm

Aside from having better social skills which will ALWAYS be important for making friends and dating, if you want to increase your chances of finding a girl you're compatible with and is more likely to say yes, the key is to identify your "archetype" and then look in places where women might find your archetype attractive.

For example, if you're a "clean cut religious guy", then a good place to find a girl is at the church because your archetype is what women who go to these places are typically looking for.

On the other hand, you're the "short scrawny nerd who doesn't like to party", do you think you'd be successful with meeting sorority girls or girls at the bar? Probably not.

So the point i'm trying to make is figure out your identity and then target places where women are likely to find your identity more attractive.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
If a woman is expressing no interest in someone and isn’t flirting or smiling at them (beyond basic politeness), it’s safe to say that she should not be asked out on a date. She’s probably not interested.
I'm too oblivious to notice if someone is smiling at me or not but some of that could be due to my bad vision. I cant tell if a woman is flirting or if it very likely means she's just friendly. If a woman seems uninterested, it could mean that she is very shy or it probably means she wants nothing to do with me. Unless a woman is being mean towards me or specially tells me she is not interested, I won't be able to know for sure if she is uninterested or not. Unless she makes a direct move to ask me out on a date or tells me she's interested in a relationship with me, I won't be able to tell that she wants a relationship with me. I really am that dense with this stuff. I actually did not know that a woman saying she was busy was usually a polite way of rejecting a guy for a relationship until I joined this forum in my later 20s. I assumed that meant she really was busy. This is why I've only been able to start romantic relationships online & why I'm aLOT better off with a woman on the spectrum or at least one who relates to the spectrum a bit. Trying to start a relationship offline with women who are not very direct & strightforward is like blindfolding me & dropping me in the middle of a minefield. Whatever I do or don't do, I'm gonna chose the wrong one & make some BAD mistakes in the process that screw up all my chances for a potential relationship.

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
It's a real shame that there aren't a lot of good options for people, especially introverts, who are specifically interested in dating to meet prospective partners.

I wish it was easier for single guys to find partners so there wouldn’t be a need to approach strangers who might be made uncomfortable by these sorts of encounters.
It seems like most things geared towards introverts are online things but nowadays lots of online interests are often shared by extroverts. Plus lots more women than men are very wary about starting relationships online for obvious safety reasons. Most dating sites have a much higher ratio of men than women.

Muse933277 wrote:
You may not want to know the truth anyways; if a girl is rejecting you because she thinks you’re ugly and fat, do you really want to know that?
I would of wanted to know in case there was a common trend I could realistically improve. For example if I knew I was being rejected for being fat, I would of tried to lose weight & get in better shape. I know not everyone is able to thou.

Muse933277 wrote:
Aside from having better social skills which will ALWAYS be important for making friends and dating, if you want to increase your chances of finding a girl you're compatible with and is more likely to say yes, the key is to identify your "archetype" and then look in places where women might find your archetype attractive.

For example, if you're a "clean cut religious guy", then a good place to find a girl is at the church because your archetype is what women who go to these places are typically looking for.

On the other hand, you're the "short scrawny nerd who doesn't like to party", do you think you'd be successful with meeting sorority girls or girls at the bar? Probably not.

So the point i'm trying to make is figure out your identity and then target places where women are likely to find your identity more attractive.
That's the approach that ultimately worked for me as well as trying to market myself better for the type of women I was most compatible with & had the best chance with.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition