My mother having a low opinion of men!

Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:05 pm

There are far more attractive women in the world than men, imo.

Women can be so diverse: long hair, short hair, bald, extensions, weaves, makeup, glamour, simplicity, colourful clothes, form-fitting clothes (more revealing), many styles of dress and personality, being anything from masculine to neutral to hyper-feminine. They can dye their hair almost any colour, wear interesting jewellery, hats, scarves, boots, jeans, bikinis, biker garb ... The list goes on.

Most men look basically the same. You get the same basic four hair styles, a body type, and that's about it. There's rarely interesting makeup, hats, scarves, hair colours, lip stick, or flowy dresses to catch your eye. They tend to have the same basic physique (at least, from far away).

Women are always more "attractive" because they have more options for "attracting" attention.

I'm not saying I prefer women, but I'm not stupid. There are beautiful women everywhere. It's rare to see a man who really stands out as different from the rest because they don't have the same toolkit of choices to look unique.

Also, perhaps your mother doesn't think it's appropriate to point out good looking men in front of your father.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:07 pm

Yeah....the part about not pointing out attractive men when she's with your father.....

I don't stand out as being a particularly "attractive" man. I have to seek to impress women through things other than physical looks. Like most men. That's just life.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 06 Sep 2022, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:07 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.

One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?

Tell her to get a psychologist or charge her sons with assault.
None of that is your fault, and she can't blame all men for it.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:08 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
There are far more attractive women in the world than men, imo.

Women can be so diverse: long hair, short hair, bald, extensions, weaves, makeup, glamour, simplicity, colourful clothes, form-fitting clothes (more revealing), many styles of dress and personality, being anything from masculine to neutral to hyper-feminine. They can dye their hair almost any colour, wear interesting jewellery, hats, scarves, boots, jeans, bikinis, biker garb ... The list goes on.

Most men look basically the same. You get the same basic four hair styles, a body type, and that's about it. There's rarely interesting makeup, hats, scarves, hair colours, lip stick, or flowy dresses to catch your eye. They tend to have the same basic physique (at least, from far away).

Women are always more "attractive" because they have more options for "attracting" attention.

I'm not saying I prefer women, but I'm not stupid. There are beautiful women everywhere. It's rare to see a man who really stands out as different from the rest because they don't have the same toolkit of choices to look unique.

Also, perhaps your mother doesn't think it's appropriate to point out good looking men in front of your father.

If woman can like masculine things why can’t men openly like feminine things? It’s stupid double standards.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
So you see....she hasn't had the best life with your dad. That might make her not like men too much.

One of my female friends at the bar who is 47 tells told me how she was beaten up by her 2 sons. She tells me as well how she dislikes men and takes out her frustrations on me in particular for some reason :?

Tell her to get a psychologist or charge her sons with assault.
None of that is your fault, and she can't blame all men for it.

Maybe it’s basically because I am relatively young in the social circle we share is the reason she takes out her anger out on me?

Also can I point out my dad openly comments on woman’s looks in public in front of my mother so why can’t my mom do the same?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:

If woman can like masculine things why can’t men openly like feminine things? It’s stupid double standards.

No kidding.

I've always felt sorry for boys and men.

They don't have the same breadth of options that women have.

In theory, men should be able to wear jeans one day and a dress the next. Women do.
They should be able to dye their hair purple and wear makeup, or get an army buzz cut. Women do.
They should be able to cry and hug, but also run board meetings and be seen as strong. Women do.

Men have the right to do all these things but many are still afraid.
It's really sad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:13 pm

I'm not going to go out and start liking "feminine" things just because it's a "stupid double standard."

I like some "feminine" things. I believe most men do. But I don't believe I would look very good if I tried to act "feminine." Moreover, it's just not natural for me to do so.

Many women like both masculine and feminine things....and are not the least bit gay. You see this on TV----the carpenter lady who is in love with the carpenter man. Makes me a little jealous----but that's my problem! :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:17 pm

Forget about me in a dress.....just forget about it! :)

Even in the 1600s, when men and women dressed and look similarly----I still wouldn't want to wear women's clothes.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:19 pm

I don't think many mothers would feel comfortable discussing how attractive a random stranger might be...especially with her son.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:19 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Maybe it’s basically because I am relatively young in the social circle we share is the reason she takes out her anger out on me?

Also can I point out my dad openly comments on woman’s looks in public in front of my mother so why can’t my mom do the same?

That's no reason to take her anger out on you.
I've been assaulted by men but I don't take it out on other men.
I've been assaulted by women too, but I don't take it out on women either.
That woman needs to get her sh*** together and see a therapist.
If you really do trigger her somehow, then she should stop talking to you.

Re: Your parents
I don't copy people who do things which are wrong.
I only copy good examples.

It's wrong for your dad to objectify those women, and make your mother feel badly.
That doesn't mean she should objectify men and make your father feel badly.

One of my exes used to rate women all the time when we were together.
He would squeeze my hand and rate them out of 10.
It was disgusting, and I refused to let it continue.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 06 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:20 pm

It's pretty stupid for a man to "rate" women in front of other women.

In the 1700s and 1800s, women were made to wear really confining clothes that weren't comfortable. It made them faint sometimes. I really wish women didn't have to wear corsets and all that in those days; it wasn't fair at all.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

In the 1700s and 1800s, women were made to wear really confining clothes that weren't comfortable. It made them faint sometimes. I really wish women didn't have to wear corsets and all that in those days; it wasn't fair at all.

My brother lashed out at my dad once and said “You bully mom by comparing her to good looking celebrities”

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Oh, that's not the half of it.
There was a whole coding / ranking system with colours, letters, and numbers.
He would also point out what he liked better about them than me.
For example: Stranger X might have a score of Blue-C-4, but I was a Red-B-6.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 4:25 pm

It's really, really sad when a long-term married couple loses affection for each other.

My mother divorced my father about 45 years ago.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 6:08 pm

Why would not pointing out attractive men mean that a person has a “low opinion” of them?

A person’s physical appearance isn’t all that important. If someone is attractive, they aren’t necessarily worthy of a “high opinion.”

On a personal note, I don’t get physically attracted to people but I admire them as individuals. Sometimes I appreciate beauty in a detached sort of way, but I’m not sexually attracted to it.

Theoretically speaking, if I did get physically attracted to someone, I probably wouldn’t discuss it with my son.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2022, 6:14 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
She sounds like a normal, straight women, actually.

Now....if she started talking about how she has a crush on a woman-----then, I would wonder.

Well wouldn’t a straight woman find most men attractive?

No.

Perhaps more correct would be: most straight women find some men attractive. Of course, non-straight women could appreciate a guy’s physical appearance and find him attractive as well without being sexually attracted to him.