I keep crushing on fictional characters

Page 9 of 14 [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 7:23 pm

I'm in a large gap relationship. There should be a name for it like there is for every other sexuality. Like "agesexual" or something. My boyfriend is 25 years older than me. Some people see a problem with it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 7:26 pm

40-30 is not a substantial difference at all.

30-20 is pretty substantial…..but still legal.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 7:28 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm in a large gap relationship. There should be a name for it like there is for every other sexuality. Like "agesexual" or something. My boyfriend is 25 years older than me. Some people see a problem with it.

That's their problem, not yours..

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 7:59 pm

Rossall wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

That's their problem, not yours..

Well it's their opinion I suppose. They can think what they like. I'm too proud of my boyfriend to care.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 8:07 pm

My father openly had a crush on characters played by actress Audrey Hepburn. Particularly Holly Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 8:13 pm

Does crushing on cartoon characters count? I went through a phase of crushing on Stan in South Park when I was 10. :lol: :oops:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 11:23 pm

Yep….that counts.

I sort of dug Mrs. Roger Rabbit, too.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 12:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep….that counts.

Most males did

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 5:38 am

Joe90 wrote:
Does crushing on cartoon characters count? I went through a phase of crushing on Stan in South Park when I was 10. :lol: :oops:

Yes, I mentioned SpongeBob SquarePants and Mickey Mouse which are both cartoon characters

There is something about SpongeBob in particular that makes him an attractive fictional character

Maybe it's his eyes
Maybe it's his smile
Maybe it's his fancy dress shoes

Or maybe it's how he is sweet and kind

I explained this to my neighbor Anita and she said I needed to see a therapist

Especially since I now have a boyfriend in real life

A lot of video game and anime characters are attractive too

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 6:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
My father openly had a crush on characters played by actress Audrey Hepburn. Particularly Holly Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

That's not really a fictional character though I'm my opinion. I think every guy would have a crush on her the moment they lay eyes on her. She's very hot.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:29 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I WILL be leaving home eventually it's just a matter of when my mom is forced into Assisted Living

And I will make sure I get to know my boyfriend first (and possibly have sex) before we even consider marriage!

With all due respect, unless you can tell us a bit more about this fellow e.g. age, living situation, means of support, etc. I for one might have trouble believing he's not also a fictional character.

He's 40 and lives 3 hours away

I met him through our family friend and we started as pen pals then became boyfriend and girlfriend

He is absolutely NOT a fictional character

I suspect like you he lives with family and is not financially self-supporting. I don't mean that as an insult just trying to read between the lines. Let me hazard a guess he's also autistic.

Given that assumption, I think the first thing you need to do is find out exactly how he feels about sex and marriage i.e. does he imagine himself having sex with you or being married to you. This conversation may not come naturally to you but I think it's your best hope and may help you find a way forward that also doesn't jeopardize your mother's well-being.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep….that counts.

Don't you mean Jessica Rabbit? :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 8:02 am

I forgot her name is Jessica.

Don’t go all PC on me!

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 8:14 am

Maybe I can move closer to where he is and that's how I can leave this situation but we MUST do something about my mom first!

Until that is done, I can't move forward!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to see some health emergency happen to my mom soon so she could be forced into Assisted Living and I could be free to do what I want

It's the only way

This is the year to untether from my mom!! !

Honestly, I admit living at home has gotten boring and marriage would change things up

My daily routine consists of sleep, wake up, eat breakfast, eat lunch, play video games or watch SpongeBob SquarePants on Paramount Plus, eat dinner, watch TV (SpongeBob and Chicago Fire) go to bed then repeat the next day

I'm BORED with my current life and situation!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 7:33 pm

Nades wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

That's not really a fictional character though I'm my opinion. I think every guy would have a crush on her the moment they lay eyes on her. She's very hot.

You mean there really was a Holly Golightly??

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Jan 2023, 7:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep….that counts.

Most males did
I woulda barely noticed her at all if the guys in that movie weren't getting stupid gaga over her,l. She seemed like generic hot bimbo to me. I do find some cartoon characters attractive but it's never been at a crush level. They have certain things in common like saying weird things & getiing condused easilly. Others might say they're stupid but I find that funny & cute.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition