Why many women dislike socially awkward men

Page 15 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 11:22 am

The cycle of abuse could be a huge factor. From the outside, it’s very easy to say that one should just leave, but it’s often more complex than that. Gaslighting and manipulation can warp one’s sense of reality. Threats can be made as well which could make a person afraid to leave.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 11:52 am

But at least there is help available with legal protections, shelters, counseling, etc. I agree it isn't always so easy but it is a situation which it is possible to get out of. That is better than a situation with no possible way out of

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 12:16 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
The cycle of abuse could be a huge factor. From the outside, it’s very easy to say that one should just leave, but it’s often more complex than that. Gaslighting and manipulation can warp one’s sense of reality. Threats can be made as well which could make a person afraid to leave.

Trigger warning regarding threats:

Death threats aren't uncommon in abusive relationships, and many women have been killed after leaving. I know of someone in a situation where they simply cannot leave. There's no doubt murder would be the result of it. And often police tread very carefully where some POC are concerned, for fear of being accused of racism.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 12:49 pm

^ Yeah, that was my situation among other things. It was pretty bad. Abusers often utilize anything to try to maintain control.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 12:54 pm

^ That's frightening, TP, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sincere apologies if my post triggered you. :heart:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 1:06 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
^ That's frightening, TP, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sincere apologies if my post triggered you. :heart:

Thank you! :heart:

Your post didn’t trigger me.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 1:16 pm

Granted, it makes sense because men are the ones that have to do the initiation widely and long by default. Somebody who just waits to be approached can get away with it more.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 5:13 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Granted, it makes sense because men are the ones that have to do the initiation widely and long by default. Somebody who just waits to be approached can get away with it more.

ya, thats the long and short of it why the majority of people in the world, for all-time, who reach a certain age, decade, and have never dated, never had a relationship, will always be male