Middle or Normie Tier 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Bottom Tier 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 22

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 11:18 am

Top Tier:

The top tier are those that have dating fairly easy; they're the chads, the stacys, the young attractive women, the tall good looking successful men, etc... Finding a partner is fairly easy for people in this category and they typically have many romantic or sex partners during their lifetime, especially if they choose to live a promiscuous lifestyle. Those in this category can find hookups or one night stands without much difficulty and would be successful in an environment such as Tinder or the bar where looks are paramount to your success. Many in the top tier rarely get rejected and when they do, it doesn't phase them since they can find someone else fairly quickly. I would estimate that the top 10% of men and the top 25% of women fall into this category. More women fall into the top tier because dating in general is easier for them, especially if they're young and attractive. However with age, many eventually fall off of the top tier.

Middle or Normie Tier:

The middle or normie tier are the normal people with normal level difficulty when it comes to dating. Dating isn't easy but it isn't super hard either. Unlike the top tier, those in this category typically have to work to be successful in dating and can usually eventually find success, even if it's not as frequent as those in the top tier. Most have their first partner and lose their virginity at a relatively typical age (16-21) and many go on to have a couple partners throughout their lifetime. For men in the normie tier, they can occasionally find a one night stand from a bar or a hookup from online dating if they're lucky, but not as frequent as those in the top tier. I would say 80% of men and 70% of women fall into the middle or normie tier.

Bottom Tier:

Finally, the third and bottom tier are those that have dating on hard mode and have it harder than the average person. Most people in the bottom tier have a series of negative flaws which makes dating harder than average, sometimes even significantly harder than average. Those in the bottom tier are much more likely to wind up virgins at older ages or remain celibate for a long time. Many men in this tier become incels or misogynistic due to repeated failures with women. However, some get lucky and manage to escape and go on to have a meaningful relationship, although most in this category will likely never be successful in the hookup/one night stand department. The majority of incels, foreveraloners, and 25+ virgins by circumstances fall into this category. I would estimate that the bottom 10% of men and the bottom 5% women fall into this category.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 11:43 am

People aren't commodities.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 12:05 pm

Exactly!

People are people. I’m squarely in the “bottom tier” via many people’s definitions. That didn’t stop me.

If I lived according to statistics, the results of social science studies, and theories pertaining to Greek Letter classifications, I’d be totally hopeless.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 12:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
People aren't commodities.

He's just trying to place everyone into three broad categories based on socioeconomics (to a small extent), looks and people skills. He isn't making commodities of anyone and they are pretty accurate categories as far as I can interpret them as.

It's a fact that someone has lower dating value if they're sitting at home all day in his/her mother's basement with no social skills compared to someone who's attractive and confident.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 12:57 pm

Yes, leagues do exist. Brad Pitt has more dating market value than a short and fat neckbeard who lives in his mom's house. But the thing is that tiers are not static. You can be in the bottom tier but through becoming better looking and becoming more financially successful, that can propel you to the normie tier or even the top tier.

Also being in the bottom tier doesn't mean you're doomed to die alone. Being in the bottom tier just means that dating is going to be harder than the average person and you're going to have to either work harder or wait longer. OR you're going to have to settle for someone who is in the same league as you.

Basically if you're in the bottom tier, you have two options. Either you can attempt to improve yourself to increase your chances of finding a higher quality mate, or you settle for someone who is on your level looks and league wise. The choice is yours.

Last edited by Muse933277 on 18 Dec 2021, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:03 pm

I still feel the “tier” system is garbage. It keeps people down. It’s simplistic.

If people continue to think in “tiers,” they will get nowhere.

I said screw the bs when I was 17.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:15 pm

I don’t believe in tiers, but I would probably fit in the middle tier.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:16 pm

I like to think of myself as gently used.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:32 pm

My market value was exploited and abused, so I'd rather not compare human beings to commercial acquisitions.

If you're going by tiers, you forgot the ones who were already destroyed by others.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:53 pm

HighLlama wrote:

Pre-owned?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:56 pm

Even if a Persons 'market value' is running on empty. Everybody still have something to offer. Categorizing people by their 'Erotic Capital' and SMV is so crude and shallow.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 1:58 pm

I don't usually think of people in terms of market value...this seems weird.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 2:04 pm

I don't see the word "personality" or "compatibility" anywhere in those descriptions.

Also, there's no mention of sexual or relationship abuse.

Virginity isn't always lost consensually, and it's not an end game for people to score.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 2:12 pm

The irony is that the things that make me bottom tier as a woman would make me middle or top tier as a man.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 2:17 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
HighLlama wrote:

Pre-owned?

Maybe left for donation :P Just making fun of my crappy experiences.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2021, 2:24 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't see the word "personality" or "compatibility" anywhere in those descriptions.

Also, there's no mention of sexual or relationship abuse.

Virginity isn't always lost consensually, and it's not an end game for people to score.

Even if it is lost consensually, that doesn't mean it was a great experience...I kind of think the first guy I had sex with when I was 19 did see it more as a game to score as later it became pretty obvious, he was just leading me on and was never really interested in me as a person. I thought I had a boyfriend, but I think he figured he had someone who'd be willing to have sex or do intimate activities whenever he was in the mood without him having to put in any effort.

I figure he is part of the reason it took me till I was 31 and 5 years into my current relationship to really get comfortable with sex and enjoy it rather than feeling like it's a chore.