my son cant seem to get a girlfriend

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 3:01 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
, it makes me feel like a forever permanent incel, i know i will always be jealous and bitter, resentful, of people, who got to date and have plenty of long-term relationships in their late teens oe early to mid 20s, 20-something couples.

Believe me, I'm NT and I went through the same thought process as you are currently having. I found my wife at 35. Don't give a f**k about what others are doing.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 7:30 am

ya to sum it up, i'm sure no doubt tons of other people have a similiar feeling if they were a late bloomer in dating or another aspect of life, it makes them feel not normal, in regards to dating, it makes them feel like they didn't grow up having a normal youth.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 7:53 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
in regards to dating, it makes them feel like they didn't grow up having a normal youth.

That's my point. In this day and age, it has become normal. Do your friends treat you differently because you don't have a partner? if they do then find new friends

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 1:12 pm

thats not really the case, just more forever permanently depressed that i feel i didn't have a normal youth, you said you met your wife at 35, are you implying you never had a girlfriend before you met your wife?

But speaking of that, reminds me of this article, which i wish i never read or found out about:
https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-43956366

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 1:53 pm

When I was 17, I thought that surely I would have had a girlfriend by the time i'm 21 or 22. Life had different plans...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 3:57 pm

When I was 17 I thought I would have children when I was 21.

18 years after that thought and I had my first sexual experience :lol:

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:

so you didn't have sexual intercourse until 35? if so, how do you feel about that? i would think lots of people, feel forever sad and depressed, and even kind of mad, over not becoming sexually active until much later than normal

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 2:25 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

so you didn't have sexual intercourse until 35? if so, how do you feel about that? i would think lots of people, feel forever sad and depressed, and even kind of mad, over not becoming sexually active until much later than normal

What drove me nuts was finding it easy to make female friends but being "caged" in the friendzone. I had to go overseas to find a wife.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 3:26 am

Now regarding Caz72's son....

Caz72 wrote:
my husband has a friend who has a daughter the same age as my son and i dont think shes in a relationship but when my husband suggested asking her out he just shook his head and said he feels too shy

he is still only a teenager..will he grow out of his shyness in time?.he only seems shy around girls

maybe he has private boy problems i dont know about like some boys get embarrassed at the sizr of their penis for example

He probably got rejected a lot and no girl his age ever showed interest in him; hence why he has zero confidence.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 3:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He probably got rejected a lot and no girl his age ever showed interest in him; hence why he has zero confidence.

Did he? I'm not sure that's what the OP said
Did he try lots of times and get rejected? OR
Was he too shy to ask anyone? I think maybe the latter

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 3:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Did he? I'm not sure that's what the OP said
Did he try lots of times and get rejected? OR
Was he too shy to ask anyone? I think maybe the latter

His mom surely isn't with him 24/7.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 5:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

What drove me nuts was finding it easy to make female friends but being "caged" in the friendzone. I had to go overseas to find a wife.

how do you feel about not having experienced that until 35?

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 9:19 pm

its a good thing he isnt a girl tho because otherwise all the boys would be after me instead
his boy friends think im hot
they loving it when i pick my son up with them to drop them off somewhere in my car with my sunglasses on and rap music playing and wearing my trendy outfits

no i dont do it to attract young boys because the thought of even touching a young boy just makes me shudder.but the boys like it anyway and the men

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 10:13 pm

i've heard some sad statistic, that, only 11 percent of autistic males end up marrying, won't surprise me if the percentage is similiar to that of autistic males who end up having a girlfriend

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 10:40 pm

Nades wrote:
Might he be autistic? Being autistic makes it much harder to get a girlfriend.

Could end up as a "who has it easier" thread but yeah, autistic guys struggle and appear to struggle more than their female autistic counterparts.

He's only 17 and it's still very early days at the moment.

Yeah, that is how it appears. I have anecdotal experiences and it seems to be backed up statistically too. I would say it has got worse for both guys and girls, but for different reasons.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 5:11 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

how do you feel about not having experienced that until 35?

ya, its a cruel fact of nature, reality, that not everyone gets to experience young youthful love, dating, relationships