What Am I Even Supposed To Do To?

Page 14 of 26 [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 5:16 am

I couldn't get a job at Hooters, my boobs were too big! :lol:

Derivative from a joke a girl I knew in high school used to make, she was just under 5 feet tall, and fairly flat-chested, her boyfriend however, was a fat hulking mountain of a guy at at least 6'6", probably around 300lbs. She used to joke her boyfriend has bigger boobs than she does. :lol:

If anyone is wondering, Hooters is a fast food/sports bar chain with the main feature being the attractive, scantling dressed waitresses. Probably the only male positions there are cook and bartender. They're picky about the appearance of women they hire.

I've never been to one myself. Low self-esteem, I guess. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 6:12 am

They don’t serve the foods I like. I don’t like Buffalo wings.

And they’re pretty expensive. I’d rather go to Chipotle.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 6:36 am

magz wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
You don't need to have a chemical imbalance to be sad about losing a family member.
Losing a family member causes chemical imbalance. Normally, it dissolves over time, when one goes through stages of grief. Sadness may remain but life goes on.
If it does not and the process gets stuck - one needs psychological help.

I am particularly sensitive to caffeine.
It heightens the entire emotional spectrum including grief.
I avoid it like the plague in certain situations.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 6:39 am

Nades wrote:
I've tried looking at jobs but I can't find a fit, let alone something I'd actually enjoy.

Obviously my romantic situation remains unchanged and bleak as ever.

I can't see how anything is going to improve from here, and I get the feeling it isn't.

I only get drastic with my language because I've suffered for so long, it only gets worse, and I just want to be done with it by any means necessary.

What are the jobs that didn't fit?

Too far away (I don't drive), require previous experience, hours interfere with my trivia nights, or just more warehouse work for worse pay than what I was getting at my old job. I'm not taking a worse deal than the one I wanted to leave in the first place.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 6:48 am

Is there anything that’s preventing you from driving?

When I was 26, driving was a pipe dream. But I eventually learned, and I’ve been driving for 25 years now.

What might seem insurmountable actually isn’t insurmountable.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 7:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is there anything that’s preventing you from driving?

When I was 26, driving was a pipe dream. But I eventually learned, and I’ve been driving for 25 years now.

What might seem insurmountable actually isn’t insurmountable.

Mostly just ease of opportunity. I grew up in a household with a single parent who doesn't drive, and I had no family members who wanted to teach me. I have also been told from a young age that I don't have good spacial awareness, which is true to an extent, but I think it's improved since I was younger. I don't think it's enough to stop me from being able to drive, but it has been an additional factor that has made me apprehensive to try in the past.

Now my uncle has offered to teach me, but on the condition that I come to him. It's a 1.5 hour bus ride or $40 uber each way. I intend to take him up on his offer. It just hasn't happened yet.

I have my learner's, and I had two lessons late last year, but the instructor was a bit of a strange guy, and an abrupt cancellation from him made me decide not to continue seeing him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 9:40 am

In your neck of the woods, you really should have a license.

How about when you want to just drive somewhere and think?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
In your neck of the woods, you really should have a license.

How about when you want to just drive somewhere and think?

I'm in a major city so I've been able to get by without too much trouble.

I want to get my license. It just hasn't happened yet.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:08 am

Can you not find another driving instructor?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:38 am

Nades wrote:

I could, but I was planning on letting my uncle teach me instead. I just haven't gotten around to taking him up on his offer yet. He said he'd put up half the money for a used car for me.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:41 am

Nades wrote:

I could, but I was planning on letting my uncle teach me instead. I just haven't gotten around to taking him up on his offer yet. He said he'd put up half the money for a used car for me.

Might be worth getting some lessons with a professional instructor anyway. Your uncle can only teach so much.

I partially learned with my dad and a mix of the two worked out well. If my dad was the only one teaching me it would have been a problem. He at least taught me how to master the clutch and eased my traffic nerves.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 12:28 pm

I recommend a driving school. Better money spent than those Uber rides.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:47 am

Nades wrote:
Nades wrote:

Might be worth getting some lessons with a professional instructor anyway. Your uncle can only teach so much.

I partially learned with my dad and a mix of the two worked out well. If my dad was the only one teaching me it would have been a problem. He at least taught me how to master the clutch and eased my traffic nerves.

I thought the same, but my uncle wasn't happy when I got those couple of lessons. He wanted to teach me himself.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:50 am

r00tb33r wrote:
I recommend a driving school. Better money spent than those Uber rides.

I don't catch ubers overly often, and when I do, it's generally with other family members who don't drive.

I generally get around on my ebike for shorter distances. It's very handy to have when you don't drive.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:58 am

^ then you are motorized after all.
I don’t think your main issue is due to lack of car.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:58 am

I wish there was somewhere I could go where I could have interested women hitting on me or making the first move. .

Well you already know that's not going to happen where you live. You've been asking this question for several years on this forum. I don't know what you expect to hear that will be different to the last time you said you can't see a light at the end of the tunnel on WP?.

Simple steps...
1. lose weight and improve grooming
2. get fit
3. find ways to earn more money
4. Spend money on car/clothes/condominium
4. develop a positive outlook
5. Stop comparing yourself

After another round of self-loathing, you need to come back to steps 1-5.
I really hope not to see you on WP in 5 years saying the same thing.,