Page 29 of 34 [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2023, 8:29 am

I tend to go for alternative/emo/scene/goth/punk as a preference but open to others too.
I also love femboys,cat boys/girls and twinks.

Looks,only a certain nice face is important to me,then a great personality,a honest person and similar interests/hobbies matters. The body doesn't matter for me as long as they ain't morbidly obese.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:32 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Actually, I was defending you from the generalization Issy said. She is the one who spoke in your name (and of all wp women), not me.

Where did I speak on behalf of all WP women?

I recall saying "I can't think of any .... " but didn't say there weren't any.

Here, it is pretty obvious english:

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Oh boy. Not this again.
The women have spoken. We like tummies.

Also the "I can't think of any..." is also a sweeping generalization.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:36 am

Just look at people walking in the streets. That's your answer right there.

How many "model"-looking people do you see? How many couples who are not "model-looking" do you see?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:38 am

I would imagine that selective-reading is coupled with selective-viewing.

It’s all related to confirmation bias.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:43 am

Looks sometimes matter---but that doesn't mean people who aren't conventionally attractive should just lie down and play dead.

It's obvious to me that at least 99% of people "have a chance." The ones who "don't have a chance" usually are those who read too much social science studies, and don't realize that people are individuals, not statistics.

I once had a girlfriend who was "hot." She left me for someone who was even less "conventionally attractive" than I was.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Actually, I was defending you from the generalization Issy said. She is the one who spoke in your name (and of all wp women), not me.

Where did I speak on behalf of all WP women?

I recall saying "I can't think of any .... " but didn't say there weren't any.

Here, it is pretty obvious english:

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Oh boy. Not this again.
The women have spoken. We like tummies.

Also the "I can't think of any..." is also a sweeping generalization.

That was a joke.
For Pepe.
About the bell curve thing.

You like jokes, remember?
You just told FXE to have a sense of humour.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Looks sometimes matter---but that doesn't mean people who aren't conventionally attractive should just lie down and play dead.

It's obvious to me that at least 99% of people "have a chance." The ones who "don't have a chance" usually are those who read too much social science studies, and don't realize that people are individuals, not statistics.

I once had a girlfriend who was "hot." She left me for someone who was even less "conventionally attractive" than I was.

Maybe she was autistic. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:51 am

The "bell curve" looks sort of like a belly if one turns the image 90 degrees.

The "girlfriend" was as NT as they come....she just didn't like it that I didn't like to "party."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:59 am

It’s sad that we’re trying to help WP men feel less insecure about their bodies whether they have a tummy or they’re short, or they have beards, or they aren’t a 10, or they don’t have a great job or a great car, or high cheekbones or hunter eyes or a foot-long dick.

I guess they don’t wanna hear it. They’d rather hate themselves and blame women for it.

It’s sad that I was going to tell Boo he was handsome in that pic with his GF, but he’d likely think I was attacking him.

The whole thing is BS. I give up.

Fend for yourselves boys, and good luck with that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:01 am

Boo is probably better-looking than I am.....

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just look at people walking in the streets. That's your answer right there.

How many "model"-looking people do you see? How many couples who are not "model-looking" do you see?

It is the norm to be average-looking. Most people are average-looking. And some people are just blessed with every "beauty" quality a human can have, but that's a minority. Whenever I see couples, 9 times out of 10 they are both average-looking, and the woman isn't a stunning supermodel.

Like I said before in this thread (amidst all the jokes here) only shallow people go looking for the supermodel type who don't have a sense of individuality to their appearance. Usually younger people are more shallow, which is why only the very popular girls at school who caked loads of make-up on had boyfriends. Then as you get older you start to realise that average-looking girls are attractive too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:17 am

I did okay with average looks, below-average height, no car, a clerical job, only a high school diploma (until age 45), and not much prospect for the future.

Really....it takes having the confidence to know that all those stereotypes as portrayed in the media are just a bunch of crap.

There's a very high rate of divorce, and multiple divorce, amongst the "beautiful people."

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:28 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It’s sad that we’re trying to help WP men feel less insecure about their bodies whether they have a tummy or they’re short, or they have beards, or they aren’t a 10, or they don’t have a great job or a great car, or high cheekbones or hunter eyes or a foot-long dick.

I guess they don’t wanna hear it. They’d rather hate themselves and blame women for it.

It’s sad that I was going to tell Boo he was handsome in that pic with his GF, but he’d likely think I was attacking him.

To be fair, these men are looking for anything they can do to improve their chances for romance. These same men have been told more than once to "work on themselves" rather than complain about a lack of available women. Of course they want to know about anything they can do that might make them more attractive from a visual perspective, one example of which is the change to one's body that results from working out (something I have personally experienced).

I happen to feel that all men on WP deserve compassion except for ones that may be deliberately antagonizing other members male or female. There's a reason many feel as they do, wrong as they may be able some issues. It's due to messages they've gotten either from the media or other people in their lives.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:34 am

Overall, it's probably better for men to veer away from lamenting their "lack of success."

I'm not saying a man has to "put yourself out there, hit the gym....." and all those other cliched phrases. "Hitting the gym" did absolutely nothing for me. And I "hit it" for about a year. 4 hours a day sometimes, 7 days a week.

All a man has to do, from my standpoint, is to realize he is a viable person, no matter what "mainstream society" thinks of him. It's not other people's impressions that count....it's how he carries himself upright, even in the face of situations which could make him hang his head.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:41 am

MaxE wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

To be fair, these men are looking for anything they can do to improve their chances for romance. These same men have been told more than once to "work on themselves" rather than complain about a lack of available women. Of course they want to know about anything they can do that might make them more attractive from a visual perspective, one example of which is the change to one's body that results from working out (something I have personally experienced).

I happen to feel that all men on WP deserve compassion except for ones that may be deliberately antagonizing other members male or female. There's a reason many feel as they do, wrong as they may be able some issues. It's due to messages they've gotten either from the media or other people in their lives.

Great.

Have you seen any of those men say anything remotely compassionate or supportive of WP women, when they talk about struggles with body image, dating, or relationships (including those with abuse)?

It's fine and dandy that we can stand on our heads to help their poor little egos, but they don't give a flying f*** about ours.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 9:47 am

And so what if some women dig looks......some men dig looks, too.

Many women wouldn't go out with a slovenly man who stinks and doesn't care about his appearance. Same with men. Men don't like sloppy women who stink, either.

I remember I used to want women to "give me a chance." I practically begged a couple of them. Very soon, I realized that I had to give myself a "chance," rather than depend on anybody to "give me a chance." For a girlfriend, for a job, for respect. One has to earn all these things through merit, rather than somebody feeling sorry for you.