I hate seeing young couples (rant)

Page 3 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2023, 11:53 pm

even if manage to get into a better relationship later in my life, i will still forever be bitter and resentul towards 20-something couples, teen couples, etc.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 8:47 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
even if manage to get into a better relationship later in my life, i will still forever be bitter and resentul towards 20-something couples, teen couples, etc.

Have you ever considered therapy?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 8:53 am

Yes, like I hate seeing groups of friends laughing, joking, happy, enjoying each others company.

I remember when I was like that with a group of friends, but not anymore, unfortunately. I've just accepted I won't make any more friends in life. Hey ho.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 12:54 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

no because that won't make me younger

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 12:58 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

no because that won't make me younger

It wouldn’t make you younger, but it could help with your bitterness and resentment.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 2:44 pm

I am seeing a therapist and she is helping me find love and get into a romantic relationship

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 3:16 pm

the times when i had absolutely made other plans, somebody jumped into my life. life is unpredictable, it never goes according to one's wishes, it has a mind of its own and a schedule of its own.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 4:15 pm

The episode of SpongeBob SquarePants "Love that Squid" proves that life is unpredictable and love can come at the least-expected times!

Squidward was in the Krusty Krab lamenting his single status and wished for love to enter his life which resulted in manifesting Squillvia

Love can be found anywhere and at any time-my neighbor Anita

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 4:16 pm

^^^what about your neighbor Anita? :scratch:

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 4:24 pm

She is married to her husband Phil and they have 2 kids Mason & Jack

Anita is helping me find love and told me to see a therapist

abcnoahisme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2023, 6:47 pm

I feel exactly the same way. (M22 bi speaking) When I see couples (especially late teen/early 20s couples) in public, it ruins my day.

90% of my friends are in relationships, and whenever we hang out I'm the 3rd/5th/etc. wheel. One particular couple I hang out with frequently (all three of us met at work) is constantly trying to set me up with their single friends (and I have dated exactly one of them, my only relationship to date [no pun intended]). Unfortunately, these "friends" are all of the opposite major political party (which, given that I'm Queer, is pretty easy to guess which) as me, meaning: (1) We're totally incompatible as romantic partners, and really even as friends, and (2) Even if we did date, their beliefs forbid them from having sex until marriage, and even then only for children...

TBH, Pride Month was honestly f*****g triggering this year too. "Love is love!" But I can't have it, despite being bi... :( :(

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2023, 2:46 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I am seeing a therapist and she is helping me find love and get into a romantic relationship

i don't see how women need help with dating since women don't have to do the pursuing

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2023, 2:49 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

i don't see how women need help with dating since women don't have to do the pursuing

Have you ever considered asking why a woman might need help instead of just assuming? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2023, 2:58 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Because of my disability and my problems with interpreting social cues

That might make it harder to establish and maintain a romantic relationship!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2023, 8:13 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Dating can be difficult for women in lots of ways. It's not like dating can only be challenging for one reason. Here are some things I really struggle with:

- extreme social anxiety/shyness
- social awkwardness
- previous horrific experiences which caused PTSD. It's hard for me to feel comfortable with dating at all.
- feeling unattractive or undesirable in a variety of ways/having low self-esteem

I find dating so difficult that I often think that I should just stay single at this point.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2023, 5:05 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:

Some of the issues women often face are discussed in this article, albeit in a very one-sided way (CW: VERY one-sided view, from the woman's side).

Perhaps the biggest issue, for women who date men, is the danger of violence. While most men aren't violent toward their partners or potential partners, enough are that women need to be extremely careful to avoid potential violently abusive men.

(Violently abusive women exist too, but men who date women generally don't have as much fear of this possibility, both because it's less common and because most men are physically stronger than most women.)

Anyhow, women's greater (justified) fear of violence is probably the main reason why women are much less likely then men to use dating apps, and are also much less likely than men to look for potential partners in singles bars.