Got anything random to say? L&D Version.

Page 5 of 21 [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 3:32 am

We're getting to the bottom of things, finally.

It's incredible how bottomy things can go.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 3:48 am

See how much nicer we men are? (sarcasm) :mrgreen:
Cringe alert.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/199152183 ... 6Cc0OcMiWy

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 4:04 am

My cynical mind says:

The women want to kill off their men because they were abusive.
The cringey men have guilty conscience but also want to virtue signal.

*Think I'll go read Sophie's Choice instead*

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 4:09 am

Either that or their wives are so horrible that the men just don't want to live anymore.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 4:21 am

Yup. That too. The first woman was hella gorgeous though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 6:35 am

Or these men are total simps.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 6:42 am

I have stood up for my wife on more than one occasion, earning a few scars for it, too.  Being a military veteran, I was already reconciled to dying in defense of my loved ones.

A husband is willing to die so that his wife might live -- it is what a good man simply does.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 7:19 am

^ If the wife isn’t willing to do the same then why the reciprocity?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 7:25 am

I would've chosen my husband. :ninja:

If I had a decent partner, I would choose myself. I think most people would choose themselves if they genuinely loved their partner and/or if their partner was a good person. If the choice were between me and a child I didn't know, I'd choose myself, too.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 03 Sep 2023, 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 8:00 am

I wouldn't mind having a date in some really nice farmland, with nice scenery.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 11:14 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a date in some really nice farmland, with nice scenery.

I'm used to living around farmland. Sometimes it can be a bit overly romanticised. I would suggest avoiding farms when the manure is being put down. :lol:

Also, be careful when foraging. I know I've had to stop tourists before because they were unintentionally about to pick deadly plants that look deceptively similar to harmless berries. You don't want to be eating them! 8O

I hate it when people don't close the gates. Someone keeps forgetting and we keep getting runaway sheep in the streets. Especially annoying when that particular farm is private property. Please check if it's a public footpath or private property before entering. And please please close the gates after yourself. Keep any dogs on leashes.

Pathways can be a bit uneven depending on where you go, so be mindful of your footing. Also, I'd recommend covering your legs if there's likely to be nettles. I would also suggest wearing clothes you don't mind getting dirty, things can get a bit muddy.

I wouldn't mind doing a hiking date. However, I would be unlikely to do so on a first date. Maybe once I've got to know someone.

Also, I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's somewhat amusing how many people accidentally pick leaves thinking they're the healing kind, when they're actually the type to give you a bad rash and are incredibly itchy. If you're not sure, please don't rub them on your skin. Admittedly, I made that mistake as a kid, so I understand.

(Sorry for the rant there haha) :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2023, 11:23 am

Fnord wrote:
I have stood up for my wife on more than one occasion, earning a few scars for it, too.  Being a military veteran, I was already reconciled to dying in defense of my loved ones.

A husband is willing to die so that his wife might live -- it is what a good man simply does.

Of course that's the ideal here. It's just that one must acknowledge the alternatives. :wink:

I've always said I'd rather my kids die before me so I'd have to deal with the anguish instead of them.
(I mean, 50 years from now, thanks .... )

The thought of me dying and them having to go-it alone is absolutely terrifying.
They'd be unable to cope emotionally, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'd rather fall on my sword and have me suffer the loss.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 12:28 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Of course that's the ideal here. It's just that one must acknowledge the alternatives. :wink:

I've always said I'd rather my kids die before me so I'd have to deal with the anguish instead of them.

The thought of me dying and them having to go-it alone is absolutely terrifying.

I'd rather fall on my sword and have me suffer the loss.

Do you tell your children I hope you die before I do?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 12:30 pm

Nope. I can't say the topic has ever come up. It's not that I wish it that way. My kids are very dependent and I'm their only family member at present. They've suffered serious PTSD and abandonment issues making them nearly suicidal, already. If they chose for me to go first in such a scenario then fine, I'd do that too. Whatever they think is best.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 1:04 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

This is just the sort of thinking that makes some of us get "red flagged" as dangerous nutters by our friends, family, and scariest of all, mental health professionals that hold the power to decide our future liberty in their overworked, underinformed minds.

Your thoughts on this matter make perfect sense to me, but too often our well-thought-out ideas are best kept to ourselves, lest we be judged too harshly.

Is it any wonder that so many of us have learned to keep our "God-Damned Mouths Shut!", even before we were diagnosed?

Darron

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 1:16 pm

rse92 wrote:

Do you tell your children I hope you die before I do?

Also, it's not a matter of "I hope .... "

It's a matter of it would be awful and unbearable either way, but I'd be willing to do whatever they thought was easier, assuming this is 50 years from now, if there were to be a hypothetical situation in which such a choice could be made.

I guess one would need to have financially and emotionally dependent, special needs kids with mental and physical health ailments who have already been traumatised to the point of no return, in order to understand.