Stayed with him despite horrific burns

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 11:48 am

There was a man in the UK called (google Andreas Christopheros) who had acid thrown in his face back in 2014 in a case of mistaken identity because his attacker believed he sexually assaulted a family member but got the wrong address.

His wife stuck by him though despite his facial horrific burns.

Do you think some women in that situation would break up with there husband though?
https://youtu.be/WX-EKKqNUrQ?si=oiM8428qdDWqa2cx

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 12:38 pm

The only people who would break up with someone for that are as*holes who don’t know what love is and who aren’t worth anyone’s time.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 12:42 pm

I think there are both men & women who would break up with someone in such a tragic circumstance, sadly.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 12:45 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I think there are both men & women who would break up with someone in such a tragic circumstance, sadly.

I showed a photo of the couple to my dad and he said “I am surprised she has not dumped him”

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 12:46 pm

Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I showed a photo of the couple to my dad and he said “I am surprised she has not dumped him”

That doesn't seem very compassionate of your Dad to say, Jamesy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 2:23 am

Jamesy wrote:
Now we know where you got it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Cigalle33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2023, 6:29 pm

If I loved somebody very much, as I did my ex partner, that would definitely not drive me to leave them at all.
I would 100% stay with somebody I loved, even if they had horrific burns.

If you love somebody why would something like that mean you left them?

Unless it put you in a nursing role or something and you couldn't actually fulfill all their complex needs medically, which is a different matter.

It would only make me love them more really.

How awful for him though

Cigalle33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2023, 6:30 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
The only people who would break up with someone for that are as*holes who don’t know what love is and who aren’t worth anyone’s time.

Fully agree

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 6:42 am

Cigalle33 wrote:
If I loved somebody very much, as I did my ex partner, that would definitely not drive me to leave them at all.
I would 100% stay with somebody I loved, even if they had horrific burns.

If you love somebody why would something like that mean you left them?

Unless it put you in a nursing role or something and you couldn't actually fulfill all their complex needs medically, which is a different matter.

It would only make me love them more really.

How awful for him though

His attacker is going to be released from prison soon apparently because three judges deemed him not to be a danger to society.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:09 am

I hope they made room for the rapist instead.

If his partner broke up with him it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of the burns. It would be a very difficult position for the partner to be in. No one should have to stay with someone just because of a tragedy. Unfortunately for that person they'll be judged for breaking up even if it's not related to the burns.

I know a man who murdered the guy who SA'ed his young daughter. He was willing to serve time for it, and he did.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:28 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

If his partner broke up with him it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of the burns. It would be a very difficult position for the partner to be in. No one should have to stay with someone just because of a tragedy. Unfortunately for that person they'll be judged for breaking up even if it's not related to the burns.

I know a man who murdered the guy who SA'ed his young daughter. He was willing to serve time for it, and he did.

Sexually assaulting a family member is no excuse to throw acid in someone’s face or murder them for that matter. If you want revenge on someone get them put in prison by the police.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:34 am

Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Sexually assaulting a family member is no excuse to throw acid in someone’s face or murder them for that matter. If you want revenge on someone get them put in prison by the police.

It’s a perfect excuse. If someone did something like that to my kid, I would kill them. :ninja:

Justice is not always found through the justice system.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:45 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

It’s a perfect excuse. If someone did something like that to my kid, I would kill them. :ninja:

Justice is not always found through the justice system.

Well I guess sexually assaulting someone can give them life long scars. This one guy at the pub in 2016 grabbed my balls and I told my dad about it but he didn’t kill him.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:51 am

It can completely ruin someone’s life. Stuff that happens in childhood or severe incidents in adulthood can leave more of an impact than others. I’m not going into it, but I’ve not been that traumatized by groping.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 8:22 am

Jamesy wrote:

Sexually assaulting a family member is no excuse to throw acid in someone’s face or murder them for that matter.

I didn't say it was, although I didn't have a problem with the murder.
I may have done the same given what happened to his little girl.
The only difference is that I was my kids' primary (only) caregiver.
The man I knew wasn't.

If you've ever had to deal with the fear of having your assailant released from prison, it might make more sense.
These perps don't get locked up forever.
They serve a few months or years and get released back to society.

Anyway, off topic.
The acid is horrible ... because it was the wrong person.