Looking For A Connection And To Talk

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

V6079
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2024, 1:42 pm

Hey, I'm new to the forum and hope everyone is well.
I'm a high functioning autistic.

I've been alone many years now, I left my ex girlfriend about 9 and a half years ago. It did not end very well.
But that's another matter.

Being alone is weighing on me more and more as of late.

I've never been very good at opening up but want to get better at it.
Was wondering if someone would like to chat?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 2:33 pm

It's difficult to be alone, at least for some. Some people seem to be fine with it. I like to have a partner and have recently met someone when I never thought it would happen. I'm not one to be overly optimistic, but I guess I've been proven wrong by my own experience. So maybe you can be hopeful?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 2:44 pm

Hello. I am in the UK.

V6079
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2024, 2:52 pm

That's wonderful to hear Bee. I'm very glad for you :D .

Hello Mountain Goat.

I find if I stay alone and don't meet people I'm ok.
I went thought a year or so of that.
But when meeting new groups of people I find I go into these slump cycles. Which with working is now constantly the case.
I'll meet someone who is lovely only to dissuade myself from doing anything as how could a thing like me be liked.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 1:53 am

Hey.

Why do you view yourself so poorly? Why shouldn't other people like you? I'm sure there's got to be at least one decent quality you have. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

V6079
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2024, 2:31 am

Hey Beau,

For as long as I remember I've always viewed myself poorly.
I'm trying to change but whenever I try to think positively about myself, then I just think yuck and I feel sick. Then it just starts to degenerate from there.

I haven't been going out much lately.
I like to go sit in a quiet cafe for breakfast.
Work has just been draining me a bit as of late.
I enjoy video games but need to find some hobbies.
I moved last year and am still adjusting I think.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 2:46 am

Just seen this is the love and dating section. Thought it was the welcome section. I am a straight male so oops! :D

But I hope you find someone who is just right for you!

V6079
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2024, 5:28 am

No worries mate,

Thank you.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 8:55 pm

Hi V6079.

Not sure if this means much, but based on your responses, you seem like a kind person. I think it's difficult for a lot of people to see themselves in a positive light because it takes a lot of effort to break the negativity and spiraling. Personally, I enjoy doing things for others and remembering their expressions, how I made them they feel etc boosts my attitude and helps me get through the day.

Sitting in a quiet cafe or even walking around the city/neighborhood are great ways to relax/unwind. Work is exhausting and it's a bit depressing to think we'll be doing this for the next 30-40 years until retirement. I'm fortunate enough to have coworkers that I get along with and who I can joke around with especially since I spend more time with them than with my family.

Do you live alone or with others? Living alone does have its perks like peace and solitude, but it can be lonely. Moving to a new place is always nerve-wracking and stressful. I moved to my current city 5 years ago and I didn't know anyone. I'm lucky that through my work, I met some people who would invite me here and there to different events so eventually my coworkers became my friends. As I'm getting older, I'm realizing how important relationships are and how much I cherish the friends/memories I've made. At the end of life, I believe memories are all you can really take with you.

V6079
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Yesterday, 10:06 am

Thank you Beau,

I've always been terrible at it. I just can't. I can be positive when it comes to other people. I just can't do it when it's about myself. I just find I'm locked into that thinking.
I'm unaccustomed to being open so don't know if I should get the perspective of someone who knows me. Worried it'll be a bit too forward.
Yeah that is true. I'm the same with that I have people I can have a laugh with which is lucky.
I live with my mum and step dad. Our house is split in such a way that I have my own flat within basically. Everything but a kitchen.
I do enjoy the peace and rest alone.
Just every now and then miss the presence of someone you know.
It has taken some getting use to but slowly getting there.
That is true.
I do think what I'll see when I look back in years to come.