My brother STILL has issues with me getting married and...

Page 2 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 10:48 am

yeah, because THAT"S always a great idea :D /sarcasm

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 11:17 am

DanielW wrote:

It would be the best possible choice but I might get tempted before then!

Especially if I am in the position where sex would be possible!

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 11:34 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
DanielW wrote:

It would be the best possible choice but I might get tempted before then!

Especially if I am in the position where sex would be possible!

Personally I won't recommend waiting until marriage

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 4:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Relationships can go on for years, sometimes 10 years or so before a dude is ready to get married, so I wouldn't put all of your hopes into that. It seems unrealistic.

It took me 3 weeks

I guess that can happen sometimes, too. :lol:

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2024, 4:53 pm

3 weeks to actually tying the knot? Or after 3 weeks you got engaged?

cyberdad wrote:
It took me 3 weeks

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 5:59 pm

He gets mad and defensive EVERY SINGLE TIME I bring this up!

Like he is scared that I am actually creating a life for myself while he just wastes his doing NOTHING!! !

Which is true...

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 6:48 pm

DanielW wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
DanielW wrote:
You can always reassure him that it will probably quite some time before any major life changes are going to happen.

Oh I don't know about that

I have known Jerry for about a year or year and a half now and he is coming here next month to possibly live with us!

If we work out then it shouldn't be too much longer for marriage

Otherwise I have known Jonathan and Jesse for 5 months so yeah once we have our first kiss and sex everything else will happen REALLY fast!! !

And that scares him!

Most of the time sex, especially first-time sex is the thing that destroys a relationship and it NEVER leads to marriage - so cool your jets as they say

You don’t know what you talking about, and you shouldn’t be freaking out the poor woman. Good grief.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 7:07 pm

rse92 wrote:

You don’t know what you talking about, and you shouldn’t be freaking out the poor woman. Good grief.

This "Poor Woman" (so glad she let's you pity her) is the one who doesn't know what she's talking about - for the simple fact that she doesn't...she hasn't had sex yet. What she is doing is fixating on it (which by her above posts) is driving her potential partners away. Its also causing issues for her sibling. hence the "cool your jets" remark.

And yes, I stand by the statement about first time sex, when you are desperate to have it is often a disaster for a relationship. Especially when the subject of marriage and vasectomies comes up before the first date. (have you actually been reading the posts?)

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 7:23 pm

I am just simply craving intimacy with a man! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Not just sex but kissing and touching too

That's all

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 10:31 pm

Therefore tomorrow at Day Program I MUST tell Richard the truth!! !

This will help ensure that my needs get met AND it will also help promote self-sufficency for my brother!

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 2:33 am

DanielW wrote:
rse92 wrote:

This "Poor Woman" (so glad she let's you pity her) is the one who doesn't know what she's talking about - for the simple fact that she doesn't...she hasn't had sex yet. What she is doing is fixating on it (which by her above posts) is driving her potential partners away. Its also causing issues for her sibling. hence the "cool your jets" remark.

And yes, I stand by the statement about first time sex, when you are desperate to have it is often a disaster for a relationship. Especially when the subject of marriage and vasectomies comes up before the first date. (have you actually been reading the posts?)

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't over analyse the situation. Men can find overthinking sex or fixating on marriage off-putting. Sex can and has happened in every manner conceivable and marriage is one of those subjects best slowly brought up after a fair while.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 2:47 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

This will help ensure that my needs get met AND it will also help promote self-sufficency for my brother!

I would deal with your brother as a completely separate issue. I would just mooch around in hotels for a day or two at time and see if he's still alive when you come back (hint, he will).

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 3:03 am

Nades wrote:
DanielW wrote:
rse92 wrote:

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't over analyse the situation. Men can find overthinking sex or fixating on marriage off-putting. Sex can and has happened in every manner conceivable and marriage is one of those subjects best slowly brought up after a fair while.

Are you saying sex should come before marriage?

And that sex should be my first focus?

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 3:09 am

Nades wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

I would deal with your brother as a completely separate issue. I would just mooch around in hotels for a day or two at time and see if he's still alive when you come back (hint, he will).

So basically treat him as a separate problem which in reality has absolutely NOTHING to do with my plan or goals?

I don't have money for a hotel right now so seeing if I can stay overnight with someone from Day Program really is my best chance of breaking free and liberating myself from my brother's shackles!

"Sexy time" is just the bonus or dessert :heart: :heart: :heart:

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 3:27 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Nades wrote:
DanielW wrote:
rse92 wrote:

Are you saying sex should come before marriage?

And that sex should be my first focus?

A lot of people are different and many wait until after marriage but given your age and the fact you're not religious, I would prioritise sex before marriage if I swapped bodies with you.

Leaving sex potentially until your mid 30s seems a bit late to me.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 3:28 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

So basically treat him as a separate problem which in reality has absolutely NOTHING to do with my plan or goals?

I don't have money for a hotel right now so seeing if I can stay overnight with someone from Day Program really is my best chance of breaking free and liberating myself from my brother's shackles!

"Sexy time" is just the bonus or dessert :heart: :heart: :heart:

I would do anything possible to spend a full day or two away from him initially to see how he copes. It sends a clear message to him that his behaviour won't be tolerated and also will hopefully make him realise he won't instant die the second he's left alone.