How many of you are adults and have never had a girlfriend?

Page 3 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 2:11 am

surroundfan wrote:
I've resigned myself to a 'if it happens, it happens, if not, not to worry' attitude and decided to get on with life.

Same here, I'm 31 as well (mentally much younger though) and I never had a girlfriend before, I used to feel depressed before because of that fact, and had low self steem, because everyone else had one at one point but me, and I was being made fun of or teased because of that. Now I chosed to follow that same attitude, I don't feel the need to date or have a girlfriend, at least for now, mostly because of the though of talking to a woman with that in mind is very scary for me, probably that is why I decided not to have that goal anymore, I am extremely shy (social anxiety) so that is an impediment for now.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 2:26 am

I'm 23 and have been in my current relationship for over a year.
I've also dated before but not verry consistantly.
This is my first relationship that has lasted over 2 months.
To please most women you have to have lots of exciting stories to tel.
However most of our hobbies just aren't interesting to women.

I noticed one striking thing in my finding gf's.
I always asked them under influence of something sedating.
Wich basicly took away me caring about what people think.
So not worrying about what people think or say like when your drunk definately helps.
Not saying you should get drunk, but it definately takes away how tense you may be.

Othila
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2007, 3:00 am

I never had a boyfriend in the traditional sense. Although I have hung out with guys who automatically assumed that I was their girlfriend. I had a male friend last year who I just wasn't sexually attractive too so I never did anything with him. He asked me if there was a chance with us and I told him I didn't know b/c at the time he asked I entertained the possiblity. I tend to attract people whom Iam not attractive too in the slightest. The only man I was attractive too (that I started a relationship of sorts with) is a man whom I had to actively pursue which was a lot of tough work. I think i have finally learned my lesson not to be lazy when it comes to the opposite sex. I watched this show the pick up artist on VH1 about a skilled pick up artist teaching men with no game how to pick up women. I think they should make a show like that for women too because I want to be on it.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 7:12 am

I'm 29 years old and have never had a boyfriend, and am a virgin.
But it doesn't matter. :)

bigizz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2007, 10:41 am

I was at a football game recently with a large group of guys and a girl comes right up to me and starts talking. Her friend comes over as well but the small talk was boring me to sleep so eventually the conversation died out and they left. I didn't think much of it until one of the guys I was with was dumbfounded and explained that the girl was really into me and I should have done something (what I should have done I still don't know). Of course I was oblivious to this at the time and I still don't really see it except on an analytical level where I can understand if a girl just walks over to a guy and starts talking she must be interested in some degree.

So to answer the question, no girlfriends for me. Maybe one day...

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2007, 10:59 am

I have never had a girlfriend - but then i am a straight female!

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 2:32 pm

trifthen wrote:
There is a time and place for everything; it's called college.

That's comforting to know considering I just graduated college with no more experiences than what I went in with. :roll:

My problem isn't not realizing when girls approach me, it's that girls don't approach me.

Or if they ever do approach me, they break all contact when I try to approach back, which must suggest that they weren't approaching me in the first place. Which brings me back to my previous point.

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2007, 2:40 pm

23, no GF ever.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 3:37 pm

I'm 19 and I had no boyfriends in real life, and 3 online... Tanhithion from another site, MADDuck and username88. I'm perfectly satisfied. D

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 3:37 pm

I'm 19 and I had no boyfriends in real life, and 3 online... Tanhithion from another site, MADDuck and username88. I'm perfectly satisfied. D

Bodorus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2007, 5:36 pm

22 yrs old

Never dated
No kissing and no sexual expericence.
=> total loner
I have basically resigned myself to being a solitary creature for the rest of my life.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2007, 5:40 pm

I have never had a person that might be called a significant other, be it a boyfriend or girlfriend. I have not had any interests in them whatsoever, and I accept that I may end up lonely. I know that normal people fear loneliness, yet I do not. I turned down an offer from a potential boyfriend who was apparently really keen on me, and I completely missed that social cue. I thought he just wanted to be a friend, but he wanted me to be his girlfriend. I could not accept that, as I had no love interest in him or anyone else (and still don't), and it probably hurt him a lot. Turning him down meant nothing to me though. Love is blind and not worth the trouble, which is why I will never have an interest in it.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 5:47 pm

Mw99 wrote:
The tragedy here is not that I am an ugly guy in his mid twenties who has never been on a date;

Lucky for you(that you're not ugly). That's a good description of me, though. As someone who not only has Aspergers, but is also extremely ugly, I can say that no girl has EVER approached me! I had first (and only) girlfriend at age 30. Shamefully inadequate by 'normal' human standards, but (I hope) not too unusual for those with AS.

Interesting question: Which is worse, being attractive enough to be approached, but panicking and running away, or never ever being approached in the first place?

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 6:51 pm

ManErg wrote:
Mw99 wrote:
The tragedy here is not that I am an ugly guy in his mid twenties who has never been on a date;

Lucky for you(that you're not ugly). That's a good description of me, though. As someone who not only has Aspergers, but is also extremely ugly, I can say that no girl has EVER approached me! I had first (and only) girlfriend at age 30. Shamefully inadequate by 'normal' human standards, but (I hope) not too unusual for those with AS.

Interesting question: Which is worse, being attractive enough to be approached, but panicking and running away, or never ever being approached in the first place?

Being approached by girls my age and adult women did wonders for my self-esteem, but it was a constant reminder that I was socially inept, which I did not appreciate. The only thing is that my self-esteem at the time was so high that I simply didn't care if I was socially inept or not. Now that I'm ugly (you misread my previous post, by the way), I never get approached by anyone, and it's twice as depressing because on top of not getting approached, I know that if I were ever to be approached I still wouldn't know what to do and I'd most likely end up feeling rejected, humiliated and like a human failure. I find solace in knowing that the less attention I receive from women the less likely it is I go through potential humiliations. Let's face it: if I never accomplished anything with women when I was a high self-esteem handsome guy, it's even more unlikely I'll accomplish anything now.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 8:47 pm

Ana54 wrote:

Only 3? do you have room for one more? :P (just wondering XD)

David1981
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Oct 2007, 4:31 am

I'm a 26 years old self-diagnosed Aspie. I have never had a girlfriend, gone on a date nor been kissed.

I'm never had the nerve to ask a girl out on a date. When I feel the urge to do so, I start to go up to the girl in question, but I get queasy and nauseous so I always chicken out.

It's frustrating. I want a girlfriend, I just can't do any of the steps necessary before a woman becomes my girlfriend. Make sense?