I'm so limerent... with two girls

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

psych
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 12:11 am

^^ ^ ditto :D

i commend the OP on a most perspicacious choice of words.

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 12:35 am

psych wrote:

No disrespect intended for OP, but I view "limerence" as a Johnny-come-lately, made-up-for-no-good-reason term; much like "alternative historian".

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

18 Dec 2007, 7:36 pm

UncleBeer wrote:
psych wrote:

No disrespect intended for OP, but I view "limerence" as a Johnny-come-lately, made-up-for-no-good-reason term; much like "alternative historian".

Same here. Again, this is not intended to be disrespectful to the OP, but I view the spread of that term as an attempt to invalidate the role of choice in love by writing it all off as a series of uncontrollable surges of neurotransmitters.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 9:26 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
UncleBeer wrote:
psych wrote:

Same here. Again, this is not intended to be disrespectful to the OP, but I view the spread of that term as an attempt to invalidate the role of choice in love by writing it all off as a series of uncontrollable surges of neurotransmitters.

Yeah, I think it needs a healthy mix of both - just because you can be aware of the mechanics behind emotion you don't want to squash it just because it doesn't have some magical or mystical origin. To me I just think it takes being able to think and feel in multiple layers - know what it is but enjoy it for what it is.

The other thing though, actually having or not having self control, I tend to agree in the sense that we don't have much control over what we can't be attracted to. However its really sad that when you actually get cerebral about it and actually do what's 'wise' in the long term, the facts seem to lead that to be this huge heresy against bottom-line animal reality and it seems like the best people out there, male and female, all too often pay the steepest price just for not being basic enough to find happiness following the rules in that sense.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 11:30 pm

well, that increases my vocabulary...;) Sorry, hang out in another forum, where creative spelling rules...;)

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 9:30 am

pakled wrote:
well, that increases my vocabulary...;) Sorry, hang out in another forum, where creative spelling rules...;)

Anything would increase a Pakled's vocabulary...</trek>

Quote:
We look for things, to make us go

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Dec 2007, 3:15 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Sorry about the little joke there... threesomes with two women is just one of my particular fantasies...

After all...

I think that goes for every guy... heh. Ill admit it and im prude as they come.