02 Jan 2008, 6:36 pm

I'm a gamer girl. xD

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 7:01 pm

Cyanide wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
i play the classes i do... cuase i know i would suck at being a healer-type... where i have to payattention to everyone's health and keep em alive...

i just want to killinate things :P

Really? Healing's my specialty. Level 62 Priest and 70 druid ;-)

woot! healz meh! me luv u long time!

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 7:02 pm

Kitsy wrote:
While I've played MMO's, I can't dedicate alot of time to them. Also people generally think all characters in a game even with female avatars are male unless proven otherwise. If you correct someone that calls you he, you may get a dumb response like, nuh uh, internetsz are men onlyz.

I tried WOW. got bored within a few months. Was in a hardcore guild too. They kept asking me over and over if I wanted to stay online for long periods of time to do an end game instance and I kept repeatedly having to say no. I finally got fed up but by that time I was bored too.

Then of course there was the whole "Oh this girl plays wow and she's actually pretty good" Ummm...it's not that freaking hard to click on icons.

City of Heroes, couldn't stand that game because of the ugly neon green super powers. If you didn't have those super powers, there was someone else who did and I couldn't take it anymore.

Vanguard. Got banned within a few weeks. I had more fun finding exploits than playing the game.

Everquest. Got bored. They finally implemented changes much needed like a mini map. I can see where WOW got most of their ideas from. Even some of the sim names are similiar like The Crossroads.

I am more into casual gaming. I do not like grouping up alot and I do not like hardcore gamers in guilds who make you feel uncomfortable because you don't want to stay on for 3-15 hours to get uber elite armor and weapons.

i like it cause i know most people in our guild (group of friends workin together in game) in real life and we have parties and stuff....... though it sucks cause im east coast now. :(

edit: im on a west coast server so cause buy plane tickets to make all the parties.... though it's kinda nice now cause i can have a social life and then play WoW in the wee hours of the morning on the weekend, when we do our time-consuming stuff

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Last edited by Sedaka on 02 Jan 2008, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 7:03 pm

Kitsy wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
i play the classes i do... cuase i know i would suck at being a healer-type... where i have to payattention to everyone's health and keep em alive...

i just want to killinate things :P

I hated being a priest. I'd have to group up with people and then I'd say, my mana is low wait. Instead they would go in and take on a mob and scream HEALLLL HEALLLLL OMGZ PRIEST HEAAALL.....

Then they would die and scold me. One time when that happened, I ended up rounding up a mob and then left the group and they all died.

I preferred playing a warlock.

yeah ppl blame healers for all kinds of stupid crap... i would get a complex for sure :(

oh and...... screw u dang whorelocks in PvP! lol jk <3

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 7:15 pm

You people need Okami.

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2008, 7:53 pm

That statistic about 43% of the girls being 'gamers'?

That probably mostly applies to cel-phone games like Be-jeweled.

Girls still struggle at 'real' games like Half-Life 2 or Super Mario Galaxy. I'm not saying why, but the ones I've dated and hung out with only play Lego Star Wars because its easy and has unlimited lives, or Kingdom Of Hearts because of the Disney-esque cuteness and lack of difficulty in game play. Don't get me wrong, I've love to meet (and date) a hardcore female gamer.

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 7:56 pm

i liked the wii.
although i nearly died in the Boxing.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 8:01 pm

Comkeen wrote:

Girls still struggle at 'real' games like Half-Life 2 or Super Mario Galaxy. I'm not saying why, but the ones I've dated and hung out with only play Lego Star Wars because its easy and has unlimited lives, or Kingdom Of Hearts because of the Disney-esque cuteness and lack of difficulty in game play. Don't get me wrong, I've love to meet (and date) a hardcore female gamer.

my neighbor is teaching me how to play gears of war. F sterotypes

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 8:04 pm

I play video games intented for males, like Halo 3.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 8:12 pm

Berserker wrote:
You people need Okami.

That game is fun! XD
It's a wee bit too straight forward gameplay and plot-wise for my taste (Issun is always like: "Go over to that ROCK OVER THERE... maybe SOMETHING IMPORTANT is behind it... *hint hint* *nudge nudge* ") but it was a great game to just get your mind off a stinky day. Its kind of like a less difficult Legend of Zelda game. But still fun.
I typically like games with more complex plots where you can get stuck for a while because you can't figure out what to do next. I like figuring things out for myself more than being told exactly what to do by a little bouncing green thing.

But, really, being a girl gamer doesn't have many perks. You'd think it would, but it really doesn't. Guys tend to get defensive if a girl beats tham at a game they are really good at (like Guitar Hero, Super Smash Bros, Soul Calibur etc...).
I made a thread about this earlier.

Also it seems like they feel uncomfortable talking about the game with a girl who is as in love with it as they are. They just assume that the only video or computer games girls can play are ones like The Sims or Harvestmoon, and although I like those too, I love kicking a$$ at Guitar Hero as well.
I actually beat my cousin (who is a 21 year old college guy, mind you.) a few days back at Paint it Black on Expert. Case and point.

Comkeen wrote:

I assume you are making this generalization for the sake of being concise in the forum, but when people say things like "girls can't play 'real' games" it ticks me off.
Just saying.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 8:43 pm

Of course, I mention this girl gamer thing, and most of the posts were about MMO's, which I could never get into with any enthusiasm. I did play wow and got a mage to level 64 on the Khadgar server, but that was also playing on and off over the course of two years...

Most of the games I play are semi-obscure and/or old RTS's like Supreme Commander, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth, Star Trek Armada II, Rise and Fall, or the occasional RPG like Oblivion or Star Wars Kotor. 95% of my games are for PC (although I have a PS2 with a couple games), and I almost never play online (I like to play at my own pace)...

The only thing I long for is the old days when a brand new concept came out every month, and when gaming was something to do alone, not with random people online. I guess I would have to say the gaming industry has been perverted by the social mindset...

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2008, 8:51 pm

Berserker wrote:
You people need Okami.

I love okami, being an artist and all it's fun!

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 8:53 pm

Cadzie wrote:
Berserker wrote:
You people need Okami.

I love okami, being an artist and all it's fun!

Yeah, it's fun, but Issun is a little perve! He looks at women's breasts all the time. x_____x

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2008, 8:56 pm

[quote="Berserker]Yeah, it's fun, but Issun is a little perve! He looks at women's breasts all the time. x_____x[/quote]
Yeah I love that little Anime-eqse dirty old, little man, but I loved how you could make the sun shine or make bridges and learn attacks

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 9:06 pm

Continuing about Okami:
I liked drawing the sun and the wind and stuff. I thought the painting element was really neat. It made it different.

Kitsy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jan 2008, 9:52 pm

Comkeen wrote:

Counterstrike. played that before steam came out. People used to hiss and whine and say "You aren't really a female" after ranking number one.

Guys can be such elitest snobs when it comes to what is considered a "real" game. I think Super Mario Galaxy looks rather "cutesy"

If World of Warcraft became mostly female, it would then be deemed not a real game. I also played Doom, Duke Nukem so those games have been tainted as well. Burn it. Played by a female, it's no longer just exclusive for males.

It's that attitude that makes some guys seem really immature.

xx Dan Monster