Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

G-Dub
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2008, 4:42 am

Ok i have been acting very immature cause of my problems with as, the majority i can control the majority of it, thing is is that i just havent been, now this one girl that just moved in is tryin to make my girl break up with me.... I dont blame them because of my actions but, how can I handle my problems and be able to get past my depression???? Please help i love this girl.... Please i dont beg often but i am right now ill do anything to keep my love going!

Why fear the inevitable and not have fun, i say have fun despite the inevitable.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 4:47 am

I have not been in a relationship for a while, so I don't know how much I can comment here but...

This has been one of my fears. That I would find the perfect girl and then meet her friends and her friends persuade her to break the relationship off. Rationally, of course, she would have every right to do this, based on the judgment made by her friends. But what if her friends don't REALLY know me well enough to make a good judgment? What if they are bad friends? (By bad, I mean, not acting in her best interest most of the time.) The antidote to this painful situation I supposed would be to just love on that perfect girl even more, show her your best side, bear your true personality, so that she at least has a complete perspective on you that she can weigh against the perhaps incomplete perspectives of her friends.

I hope that "advice" helps.

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 5:30 am

If she loves you she won't leave you, no matter what her friends say. And you really need to ask your self, Would you want to be with someone who does not love you and can be taken away so easily. That is a hurtful path.

Someone told me once that when you love someone it is no ones business except yours, not even the person you love. It is your feelings. That seemed like a strange concept and I did not understand it until I really thought about it.

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

G-Dub

17 Feb 2008, 5:48 am

Yeah she loves me but ive done really wrong for her and cause her alot of emptional pain.... She said she isnt leaving me yet but she cant take much more of my recent behavior, and honestly i cant blame that... Pardon my language but ive been an ass to her and her kids......

Ive been stressed and depressed and takin out on her mostly and i wanna know how to deal with my problems..... Shes the most loving and caring woman ive ever met, but she is human and theres only so much she can take.... Please dont get me wrong, shes wonderful, ive been the one screwing things up...... I know what ive been doing aint right...... I dont need advise on love, i need advise on methods for getting through depression..... I just got out of it now im falling back in...... Its hurting the best relationship ive ever had, its hurting the best girl friend ive ever had......

She says nobody will be able to influence it but herself..... I just cant stand people that talk behind your back...... I hate dat, if i got a problem ill tell you to yo face.... I hate cowards.....

Why fear the inevitable and not have fun, i say have fun despite the inevitable.

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 6:23 am

Depression is a tuf one. I definatley can not cope with it without medication which I have been taking for 35 years now and will take for the rest of my life. If you do not do meds then you totally need someone to talk to who can hold confidences and give you sound advice and options. Since it is often hard to find someone like that people will go to counselors. Other than that read books on depression until you can find one that makes sense to you. As everyone here will tell you - excercise. I used to dance and chop wood (this was great for letting out aggression)

Changeing you behavior habits no matter what they are requires you do to do the work. You have to hit bottom to change and a quiet resolve to do it. Personally I don't trust someone who wave the 'i will change' flag and makes a big deal of it. It is like they are trying to divert attention away from the problem at hand and produce false hope for the person being hurt. It it the person who knows what needs to be done, and does it. I have a waitress I am trying to help but she keeps waving the 'i will stop drinking' flag and then does nothing to change. And after going through this before with my husband I am ok with that. She is the one who has to confront her demons. And so do we all, whether it is alcoholism, drugs, sex, cigarettes, anger, over work, food, driving too fast or biting your nails. You are the ship captain and where your ship goes it up to you. or as the great and wise Yoda said "try not, do"

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.