Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2008, 3:08 pm

What's it about? :?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 5:55 pm

I wonder about that. Do they allow pictures?...;)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 7:29 pm

Why on Earth would I wish to meet random crazies in public without speaking to them beforehand?

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 12:12 am

As weird as this concept is, I'm okay with the concept and think it would work better for me.

I am socially stifled. Online communication puts a damper on even my modest social skills, and filters all of my good qualities. Asking for a date and conveying interest and keeping up an online conversation is just not something I'm good at.

My best qualities can not be shown online, and there is nothing to make me stand out. And all the emails and IM conversations are boring and contrived... nothing like the beginnings of a relationship... and if it's boring and painful for me... I know the girl on the other end is not having any warm fuzzy feelings.

So anyways, this system would give me an opportunity to meet someone who is interested in a relationship, who I have no biases about from a profile that reads exactly like 100s of other profiles.

The only issue is safety, and this is more important from the female side. I would be freaked out by this sort of arrangement, if I was a girl. So that may skew the types of people who do this sort of thing.

I honestly think being hooked up randomly is a better system than many others... eHarmony is to romance as doing Taxes is to enlightenment.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.