What do men look for in a woman besides her looks?

Page 4 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Ozzy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2008, 4:04 pm

Also, someone who does not overanalyze. Good Lord that's annoying because not only does it kill the romance if you bring those thoughts out into the open in the beginning, but they can be just as destructive if left unsaid. Not everything a guy says is meant to be read into, nor a lack thereof. When did trusting men become a jest?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 4:24 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
I don't seek a specific criteria of personality that much ....as long as she's honest and not mean/dirty then I can get used to her personality. Every person is unique ....so all these 'must' lists are useless in my opinion.

I mainly look for two things : attractive looks and femininity.

I was truly surprised to see you list femininity before. I meant to ask you to tell more about what that means, to you.

Femininity is the way of being hmmm..... in a female way. This can be related to looks , body shape , voice , way of talking,way of moving,personality, emotion, attitude .....etc . --> hard to describe it accurately because it's really something related to my male instincts...but I think you got the main idea ;).

That doesn't mean I dislike all tomboys tho since many girls w with tomboy interests can be really feminine ;).

AceX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2008, 5:55 pm

Quote:
She should also be receptive.... she should give everyone that aproaches her (male or female) a chance to become friends... and perhaps more than friends.

Quote:
That's called being a slut. Unless she charges.

Just because a girl gives a CHANCE that doesnt mean she will go all the way.Even if she did I wouldnt characterise her as slut.

I would consider her to be FEMINE. The ability of women to love just about anyone is a major attraction to me.

Not only because they are fun.... I believe they will become better mothers.

You dont know your future children sex/number/abilities/handicaps they may have aspergers or something more serious.

All you can do is love them as they are.

A girl that treats her suitors as nicely as her children is the ideal woman for me.

After all all men deep inside are children. :)

Space
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 8:11 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Aside from looks, what kinds of things do men look for in a woman?

Good personality. Kind, not materialistic, doesn't play mind games, isn't always looking for attention, isn't an alcoholic/drug addict/gambler, has a work ethic, likes sex, is honest, is not into getting drunk, is willing to deal with her problems... I don't think she exists either.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 2:59 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
femininity

^ I second that.

Nowadays all you get to meet are girls that act,talk and behave like guys.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 11:07 am

Aranittara wrote:
I think that what most of us aspie guys look for is different from the majority however i'll give my opinion anyway
for one thing i want someone to be themselves I stopped crushing on a girl because she abandoned herself so she could be in the inner circle.
Also I want someone smart if i can't talk to them on a high level then why interact with them or commit to them long term
I am repulsed by mean girls too i mean if you can't be nice to most people (we all have our limits) then how do i know you'll be nice to me
There is probly more I just can't think of it right now

Absolutely because who they are is their 'essence', that is what what I'm attracted to. I am attracted to girls who can't help being the way they are. Of course some people try to conceal elements of themselves, that is natural, but true character shines through. I would say some self defiance is perfectly natural in some people (as it is in me). What I think is a shame is when people blatantly try to live a lie. It is not so much 'selling out' because that is a lame phrase that lacks integrity in itself, it is not wanting to be themselves. Some people are fighting just to be themselves, it doesn't make sense to go the other way.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 11:12 am

violentcloud wrote:
Someone who can disagree with me. I don't want to argue with my partner, but I like to feel that they can tell me when I've said something wrong, or they think I'm an idiot.

I couldn't agree more. It isn't so much how much they'd disagree, it is the fact that they have their own opinions and are willing to voice them. They are not subordinates.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

06 Mar 2008, 11:29 am

Dantac wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
femininity

^ I second that.

Nowadays all you get to meet are girls that act,talk and behave like guys.

Gah... I thought I understood what LPP meant until you said that. Now I need more explanation. I would consider most girls quite feminine. What are you talking about here? Anybody else want to chime in?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 11:49 am

I'm still confused on what guys mean by femininity. I thought most girls were feminine.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:26 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
I'm still confused on what guys mean by femininity. I thought most girls were feminine.

I would guess that having femininity would simply mean not being a tomboy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:39 pm

i quite like tomboys :P

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:43 pm

Cool. 8)

I don't really know what that term means for each guy, but I like to get outdoors and like some sports. But I also like doing some girly things. So these terms femininity and not being feminine confuse me at times.

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:46 pm

yeh, but whatever they are i still like the girl for the girl :P

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 12:55 pm

I don't know if femininity is one of those things that can be clearly defined as it is different from person to person, but I know it when I see it. :wink:

It is not even a trait that I put because really I personally kind of get a kick out of women who can be crass from time to time. And I am not that crazy about tons of makeup either because the real test of beauty is how someone looks without makeup or when they wake up in the morning with messy hair and puffy crusty eyes.

I think "feminine enough" also varies wildly from person to person. I know that I am personally not after some genteel and dainty southern bell for sure.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 1:16 pm

I'll keep to the point of this reply by saying it's being around someone whom actually takes the time to get to know you through and through without being overly critical as well having the compassion to stay around even in the bad times of life itself..

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 2:29 pm

Arbie wrote:
I don't know if femininity is one of those things that can be clearly defined as it is different from person to person, but I know it when I see it. :wink:

It is not even a trait that I put because really I personally kind of get a kick out of women who can be crass from time to time. And I am not that crazy about tons of makeup either because the real test of beauty is how someone looks without makeup or when they wake up in the morning with messy hair and puffy crusty eyes.

I think "feminine enough" also varies wildly from person to person. I know that I am personally not after some genteel and dainty southern bell for sure.

I agree ..... 'natural femininity' is the best ;).