Social Networking Site Profiles

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 9:19 pm

Today I IM'd a girl whose AIM screen name was on her MySpace profile. We talked briefly (albeit with it taking over a minute to make a five-word response), and then she asked for my MySpace profile. I obliged, and after that, she completely stopped talking and responding. I've noticed this has happened a lot (not much recently because far fewer women put their screen names up). It's pretty hard to meet women when it's this tough to even get a conversation with them.

ja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2008, 10:06 pm

maybe get rid of the MySpace thing

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 10:12 pm

ja wrote:
maybe get rid of the MySpace thing

You completely missed the point, which is that I am using MySpace (and in the past, other social networking sites like Facebook) to meet women. Obviously after taking a peek at their profile, one should reciprocate with a link to one's own (otherwise it's just plain creepy since you know about them, but they don't know about you).

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2008, 7:44 am

Have you tried PlentyOfFish? It was designed for that purpose, where as Facebook/mySpace are more geared to networking with people you already know.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 8:55 am

I was on PlentyOfFish briefly, and mustered one date from it, but that was about it. Apparently, people on there usually don't care for full-time college students who are older than 22.

The college-age people think anyone older than 22 is creepy, and the ones closer to my age won't date me because I am unemployed due to school. That's why I deleted my account, and why I don't date NTs. Yet available Aspies are in extremely short supply.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 10 Apr 2008, 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 12:35 pm

OP: I'm not clear exactly what sort of discussion you want to prompt. Anyway, if this is happening as a pattern, you need to work on your profile.

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 1:22 pm

plenty of fish is a waste of time. Tried it a couple times, got lazy, and I just gave up.