Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 1 of 239 [ 3818 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 239  Next

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2004, 4:13 am

Welcome to :idea: Eligible Odd-Bods :idea: - :!: The Premier Aspergian Singles List :!:

You don't need to hold a doctorate in quantum physics to understand why this thread was established [you are more than welcome to post if you do happen to hold such a qualification :lol: ]. Of course, it is committed to assisting High-Functioning Autistic Individuals (AS, PDD, and HFA) and sympathetic Neurotypicals in their search for romantic connection.

Please post a concise description of yourself; showcasing gender, approximate age, geographical location. It would be great if you would describe yourself; your interests, personality type, and physical characteristics, but do not feel pressured into doing so. Be positive about yourself guys! :D : The ability to identify traits you would value in a prospective partner [boyfriend/girlfriend]is a definite. Respondents are free to respond to your "ad" via the personal messaging "pm" feature offered through the http://www.wrongplanet.net forum system.

Don't feel perturbed or despondent in the event that you do not receive a response to your submission immediately. If "Mr" or "Ms" Right is looking, you will be discovered! :wink: Good Things Take Time :!:

ENSURE YOUR SAFETY - ALWAYS ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ANY LAWS GOVERNING INTERNET ACTIVITY THAT MAY APPLY IN YOUR COUNTRY. DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION; EMAIL AND RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, BANK OR CREDIT CARD DETAILS ON THIS THREAD.

:D Good Luck in Love :D

Last edited by TyroneShoelaces on 27 Jun 2004, 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

27 Jun 2004, 4:30 am

Great idea, and though I don't object in the slightest to using this thread for that, maybe you should start a "group" on one of the dating services? There are already groups for autistics on yahoo dating, I believe, just none I know of for Asperger's.

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2004, 4:48 am

You will think me odd for saying this, but I have no want for a partner. Despite this, it has become apparent from various postings across forum topics that many do not feel the same way; making specific comment in relation to their lack of success in interacting with the opposite gender, and articulating their desire for a nurturing relationship. For these reasons I created this particular thread; I think it could potentially prove to be quite successful.

To be frank, I would be of little use in maintaining a "dating-group" as I have no interest in the matter - as selfish as that may sound. I would be very happy though if this post were to prompt a genuinely motivated party into setting up such a group.

Thankyou for your input [and the use of your website :) ]

gavrod
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2004, 6:38 am

Even though, I'm 34 and time is running out for me to find a girlfriend I've always thought that while there is life there is hope!

I'll give it a try then.

My name is Gavin, I'm Male, 34 years of age and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am interested in books(mainly history, American Presidents and sporting facts and figures), computers and movies. When I am relaxed I am quite friendly and outgoing. In all honesty I am quite average looking, but my basic self-hygiene skills are pretty good. I like having conversations, about my favourite subjects, but when it comes to inconsequential chit-chat count me out! :lol:

The female I am looking for must be compassionate, intelligent, understanding and most importantly they must not be prejudiced against people with disabilities. Intolerance, especially by women against people with disabilities I've never been able to stand. As for age around 28 years to 34 years of age would be suitable. As for physical appearance, this is not important. What's important to me is a person's character. Decency, honesty and not being judgmental are the most important qualities a future girlfriend will have. In his August 1963 'I Have A Dream' speech Martin Luther King Junior said he hoped his children will be judged by the content of their character not by the colour of their skin. I too have a dream, that people with disabilities will be judged one day by their character and not by their appearance.

While, I haven't got any great hope of finding anyone out there. This forum gives me a chance however slim it is, maybe of hopefully finding someone out there like me. It was worth a try :!:

Last edited by gavrod on 04 Jul 2004, 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jun 2004, 10:36 am

Alex:

alex Not in high school:
height: 5 feet 7 inches
eyes: blue
hair: blonde
build: athletic
looks: beauty contest winner (i haven't actually ever entered one, but if I did, i would win)
best feature: eyes
perfect first date: April 1st
from my past relationships i learned: girls are awesome
five things i can't live without: breathing, eating, sleeping, eating, exercise
in my bedroom you will find: a bed, a dresser, a closet, two bookshelves,
ideal match: one that ligts up right away, without needing to strike it again. (Obviously wooden, not paper ones that come in those cheap matchbooks you get from chinese restaurants)

Last edited by alex on 02 Jan 2010, 10:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Brent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2004, 12:34 am

30-year-old guy, based in Brisbane (although willing to relocate); gentle, warm-hearted, aesthetically-inclined and charmingly quirky; seeks lady who's caring, intelligent and non-stereotypical. (Preferably east coast of Oz, between Bundaberg and Melbourne.)

Interests include quality music, travel, writing letters/emails, intellectually-stimulating conversations and angular humour. (Add to that the odd wood-fired pizza!)

Dislikes: macho idiocy, corporate Newspeak and any radio station that has to bribe people to listen to it.

Last edited by Brent on 16 Jul 2004, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pokeapoke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jul 2004, 3:16 pm

Currently Single:

Here I am, 16 years old, very handsome looking. I love politics and anything scientific. I do tend to be a bit clinical in my questioning, but if you can get past that, you will find I can be very loyal, and forgiving. I'm an aries, and tend to follow the horoscope behaviors an Aries has. I'm very good as socializing compared to many others here (I need to be if I plan to enter politics).

My goals : Become a highly powerful politician. (U.S. House of Reps, Senate, or President)
- Pass as many liberal bills as I can that could help the people.
- Garner funds for more research into the abilities those with Autism have.
- Get rid of the tax breaks for the filthy rich.

Positives :
- Honest
- Sincere
- Good looking
- Not shy
- Excellent academic record
- Sociable
- My genes (My family ages well, keeping the good looks.)

Negatives :
- If you don't like politics, military stuff, or scientific stuff, you may find my conversations dry, unless you find interest in games like Morrowind. www.elderscrolls.com
- Can be slightly annoying at times, especially when bored out of my mind.

Last edited by pokeapoke on 03 Mar 2006, 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2004, 10:42 am

16, united kingdom, female....erm physically im blond, petite with blue eyes...

edit- Im not actually looking for a partner....its just easier to talk to the male species online!
Plus..well I have not-so-varied interests such as reading, drama, writing, psychology....hobbies include avoiding my family etc
my age please...no offense

Sonas càirdeas

Last edited by KtMcS on 28 Oct 2004, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2004, 10:08 pm

Ok, enough waiting for someone else to reply.

Lets see, I'm 19, tall, medium build. I'm from New York state. My interests are computers, science, and anything someone wants to talk to me about.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2004, 4:59 am

I am a Female Austin Powers Look-a-Like looking for a Male Austin Powers Look-a-Like. Must be hip, swingning and nerdy all rolled up in one! :D

lonelyman88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2004, 10:47 am

HI there. I'm a 16 year old male from memphis, TN. I think of myself as a nice, caring, happy person. I'm looking for any female in my area. I like anime and video games. If I interest anyone reply to moi. Bye

EGMaria2004
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Sep 2004, 2:25 am

I'm a 19 year old female, from Dunedin New Zealand
Attending the university of Otago majoring in Computer Science.
My main interests are: Computers and Computer Science, music, environmental impacts of technology. Sometimes I write.
I'm also bi so don't be shy girls ;-)

Here's a pic of me.

AspieStar
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2004, 7:35 pm

Edited

Last edited by AspieStar on 19 Nov 2005, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2004, 11:50 pm

James, bottom of the North of NZ. I don't know about these online things too much but I'll write here anyway. (I accidentally typed "writhe" instead of write at first.) I enjoy lots of things I guess. I'm 22. Sometimes too random for my own good. Most times actually. My doctor wants to diagnose me with asperges but I'd like to learn more about it first.

Last edited by Captain_Brain on 09 Oct 2004, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2004, 12:30 pm

Hi
I'm 28 years old, male, artistic. I am currently in the Carolinas. I love learning about evolution, psychology, philosophy, and religion among other things. I enjoy nature very much, hiking, camping, or just running in the forest. I am also a fan of music and movies and most other forms of artistic expression. Hoping to meet a girl who shares a similar outlook on life.

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2004, 5:36 pm

:D I Live In San Antonio And I Turned 15 6/21/05
Blondie A.K.A. Megan

Last edited by blondie on 20 Jul 2005, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.