How i am gonna get a girlfriend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:22 pm

Being an aspie made getting the affections of the oppoiste sex nearly impossible. But being stuck psych meds has made my appeal even worse. Its sort inverted me. i now no longer have any inhibition against socializing yet at the same time i no longer have any intellect creativity passion or knowledge about any subject. i am know no longer interesting. i am completely out of place with other aspies. i just hope the effect will eventual wear off but if they dont what can i do?

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:27 pm

nightbender wrote:
Being an aspie made getting the affections of the oppoiste sex nearly impossible.

completely wrong ... Aspergers does NOT make it impossible to get a girlfriend. You are the one who makes it that way.

nightbender wrote:
But being stuck psych meds has made my appeal even worse. Its sort inverted me. i now no longer have any inhibition against socializing yet at the same time i no longer have any intellect creativity passion or knowledge about any subject. i am know no longer interesting. i am completely out of place with other aspies. i just hope the effect will eventual wear off but if they dont what can i do?

Does the medicine have a positive effect? if not take yourself off it if your an adult. When I was younger I was on antidepression medication but all it did was make me lathergic and want to sleep all the time so I took myself off it. I do not believe in medicating aspergers unless you have other conditions where it is required.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2008, 2:29 pm

nightbender wrote:
Being an aspie made getting the affections of the oppoiste sex nearly impossible. But being stuck psych meds has made my appeal even worse. Its sort inverted me. i now no longer have any inhibition against socializing yet at the same time i no longer have any intellect creativity passion or knowledge about any subject. i am know no longer interesting. i am completely out of place with other aspies. i just hope the effect will eventual wear off but if they dont what can i do?

I really never bothered dating. My wife and I married a little over a month after we met, that was eight years ago. Have you considered looking into making contacts with the intent of securing an arranged marriage? Make sure you meet the requirements for a qualified husband: A steady job/income and a history that excludes womanizing, drinking, etc. Can you ditch the meds and go back to being a proud Aspie?

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2008, 2:29 pm

it has no positive effect and im in the process of getting off

simplyhere
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Apr 2008, 2:34 pm

Being aspie definitely doesn't make getting the affections of a female impossible. . .I think it makes meeting her needs hard though.

lannesman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Apr 2008, 3:13 pm

It is tough enough for even us NTs to date. Very few Brad Pitts and George Clooney's are we.
I know how more difficult it can be when you are not natural with emotional signals. Women are a mystery to guys in the best of situations. But, to an Aspie, it can seem like being the only blind guy in room full of deaf people. Know what I mean?
Since most aspies here seem to communicate so well online (in writing), then online dating is a great option. I met my wife in a chat room 8 yrs ago. We got to know each other simply, safely...a bit at a time. We revealed things to each other as we felt comfortable to do so. By the time we physically met (1 yr later), we were already best friends and loved each other's intellect and heart.
There is a lot of b.s. to sift thru online, but there are many girls as sincere as you that will appreciate the talents you posess.

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2008, 5:59 pm

Ah yes, the no caring, no ambitions meds. Straight A student. Lost caring now C+ to B average. My mind races much more and makes it hard to concentrate. I wish I still had more of my OCD and stims. When I had them I got all A's. Now my mind rolls through trivial subject all day, and can't stop it. Sometimes I force my prior OCD and it sometimes works. Then my mind is free. I really can't remember the last time my mind was free without getting 'mind drunk'
I have no goals and could really care less. I am unable to care