Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:03 pm

I've gotta be the only white person in this world with such dark eyes. Everyone in my family has lighter eyes while I have dark brown eyes that appear to be black unless they are looked at really closely. I don't know why, but I HATE having such dark eyes. Every once in a while people confuse my race and often think that I'm half Asian. I have nothing against Asians but I DON'T want people confusing my race or thinking that I'm half Asian. It bothers me that I never see other white people with such dark eyes like me. I bet my eyes freak people out since I have totally white characteristics and then these dark-ass eyes.

It seems almost impossible for a white person to have as dark of eyes as I have. Maybe some of my ancestors weren't white? I'm half French so that could explain where I get the dark eyes from. Many (not all) French people have dark eyes and hair.

Do any of you non-mixed race white people here have really dark brown almost black eyes? Do people like your eyes? Do people ever mistake your race?

Last edited by patrick6 on 30 May 2008, 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:07 pm

I happen to like brown eyes. :(

My mom's got very dark brown eyes it runs in the family so I don't see anything wrong with it. Yes they've mistaken her for being hispanic or Indian. We do have some Indian in my family but I see many caucasion people with dark eyes that are astonishing. I don't see why race should play an important role to eye color it kind of reminds me of Hitler and his ideology of what a Jew and Arian looked like.

Who knows, you might have something besides plain old French or Caucasion in ya. Geneology can go pretty far back and genetics can skip a generation depending on when and when you're ancestors migrated to a certain country.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:38 pm

Do both your parents have blue eyes?

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:57 pm

if you want you could buy colored contact lenses, they don't have to be prescription or anything they could be purely cosmetic. although it makes you look like you pupil is really small.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 12:28 am

About your dark eyes: How unusual! I suspect your dislike is just your perception. Instead of 'hating your eyes,' which you cannot fix anyway, use this as your emphasis. You mentioned others notice your eyes - this is a focal point. Do you like eyeshadow? If so, there are pretty shades to enhance your difference. Do not be ashamed of this trait; be grateful.

I have dark blonde hair, really pale skin, and dark green eyes w/ dark eyebrows and eyelashes. The WORST advice I ever got (& didn't take) from a postively NUTS female counselor was to actually dye my naturally blonde hair dark since my hair color didn't match my dark eyebrows/lashes - NO.

I hope no one ever teases you about your different look....use your difference to your advantage. If others might think you're Asian, etc, so what? That's pretty & exotic and a natural complement to your coloring.

About eyeshadow - I know violet looks really pretty on dark/black eyes....try it? Then post your pic!

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 12:31 am

I also have really dark eyes, and I'm caucasian. I have dark features in general, even though I have exceptionally fair skin - people sometimes think I'm part Middle Eastern or Hispanic. It's cool, though, doesn't bother me.

If you were a girl I'd suggest wearing mascara, but you're not, so you probably wouldn't want to... but it can really bring a lot more light to your eyes, it's amazing really. If it really bothers you then get colored contacts, I heard Fresh Look is a good brand.

Regardless of whether you want contacts or not, you should focus on a trait that you do enjoy, like your nose or hair... I don't know what you look like, but I'm sure you can find something to appreciate! It's always a good thing to teach yourself and can really boost self-confidence!

Last edited by pinkbowtiepumps on 31 May 2008, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 12:33 am

I have brown eyes, and because I am 1/8 Cherokee, I have occasionally been mistaken for being Hispanic.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 1:45 am

LabPet wrote:
About your dark eyes: How unusual! I suspect your dislike is just your perception. Instead of 'hating your eyes,' which you cannot fix anyway, use this as your emphasis. You mentioned others notice your eyes - this is a focal point. Do you like eyeshadow? If so, there are pretty shades to enhance your difference. Do not be ashamed of this trait; be grateful.

I have dark blonde hair, really pale skin, and dark green eyes w/ dark eyebrows and eyelashes. The WORST advice I ever got (& didn't take) from a postively NUTS female counselor was to actually dye my naturally blonde hair dark since my hair color didn't match my dark eyebrows/lashes - NO.

I hope no one ever teases you about your different look....use your difference to your advantage. If others might think you're Asian, etc, so what? That's pretty & exotic and a natural complement to your coloring.

About eyeshadow - I know violet looks really pretty on dark/black eyes....try it? Then post your pic!

Haha thanks Labpet, I'm actually a male though. :) :) :) Some people have been thinking that I'm a female since I changed my avatar.

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 1:50 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have brown eyes, and because I am 1/8 Cherokee, I have occasionally been mistaken for being Hispanic.

You wouldn't even think that cherokee features would show up in your if you were only 1/8 cherokee.

I've seen half black/half white people before who had light blonde hair and blue eyes before.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 1:53 am

People mistake my race - I'm half Dutch. My husband says I'm a descendant of Genghis Khan, who apparently raped as he pillaged.

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 2:09 am

aylissa wrote:
People mistake my race - I'm half Dutch. My husband says I'm a descendant of Genghis Khan, who apparently raped as he pillaged.

What race do they mistake you for?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 3:10 am

pat666rick wrote:
LabPet wrote:

Haha thanks Labpet, I'm actually a male though. :) :) :) Some people have been thinking that I'm a female since I changed my avatar.

Ooopsy. Yup, the avatar. So, skip the violet eyeshadow. Ladies like the contrast, if that's any consolation. Suave.

Tim_Tex, I wouldn't have guessed 1/8 Cherokee (not a 'noticable quantity'), but now that you mentioned it, I could see a correlation.
I'm caucasian but I wouldn't mind, at all, being of mixed ethnicity. It's all relative anyway.

I'm Alaskan, by birth (not native). Anyway, here in the Interior there is a major military base so we've had some from the U.S. come to stay and make Fairbanks their home. Some military are African American. There are is one I quasi-know (& really like!), she's half African-American and half Yupik Eskimo! I think that's really cool. She's quite exotic looking - different! Some Asian qualities (from the Yupik part; they often look Asian-ish).

I do think people should stick with their natural look. If one tries to dye their hair (like more than a shade or so), wear colored contact, etc, the look becomes fakey and/or 'clashes.'

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2008, 6:21 am

I've had people comment that I look chinese, portuguese, spanish, italian, just plain alien and that I look like a chimp, and probably some more that I forget. Make up your damn minds people. :lol: I have dark eyes too.

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 6:23 am

NUTLOG wrote:
I've had people comment that I look chinese, portuguese, spanish, italian, just plain alien and that I look like a chimp, and probably some more that I forget. Make up your damn minds people. :lol: I have dark eyes too.

What is your race?

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 6:58 am

The only thing I do not have is blue eyes - I ahve one green and one brown - my twin brother has blue eyes...

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2008, 7:18 am

pat666rick wrote:
NUTLOG wrote:

What is your race?

I'm white british, so are my parents, so are their parents, so were their...well you get the idea.