This isn't me being insensitive

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rynok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2008, 11:38 pm

All I'm saying is if your going to post about how perfect your Knight in Shining Armor is, I also wanna here all the nitty gritty unperfect things you discover as you get to know him better.

I've seen other people post when they found someone they liked.
It consisted of either nothing at all, an off-hand mention of "my boyfriend" later, or sometimes a "This is no longer an issue as I found someone interesting to me" type of response.

Seriously, modesty has it's place. If the whole post was designed to show your boyfriend that you liked him, you could of done the same thing with a PM. I know I personally tend to read those first anyhow. As for a public declaration, that's fine, but you gotta treat it like PDA. I don't like walking down the street and seeing two people sucking the life out of each other either. It's actually kind of similar if you think about it.

First, you made an entire thread to basically say "I found a boy" but it took you way too many words to get to that point.
Secondly, you then tried to hide the true intention behind the post (See: "I found a boy" & "PDA") by essentially saying, "If I can do it so can you, don't give up hope" as if it was some form of encouragement. Statistically speaking, if 50% find mates, and you find one, that means someone else doesn't :wink: It would be more hopeful for someone else for you to NOT find someone. :) (Talk about sadistic humor, that was dark)
Lastly, it isn't that I'm not confident with myself or my ability to find a decent girl (as you implied). It is simply your approach to the situation at hand. Could of been handled much more tactfully and much less sneakily in my opinion.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:49 pm

I'm also in a great relationship. We're both able to calm each other down when the other has a meltdown. Instead of trying to hug me and reassure me, we'll just put our heads together to try and figure out how to better things, which is how I like to deal with stress. However, I do worry of the day when BOTH of us are in panic mode...
Too bad we live two hours away for now. Hopefully that'll change next year.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Aug 2008, 12:28 am

Praetorius wrote:
You couldn't just let this thread die. You had to resurrect it just to make sure that as many people could see it as possible, allowing you to flaunt your happiness to the widest audience!

what the heck is WRONG with you? flaunt her happiness? only depression should be flaunted??? i can't believe how many hateful responses the OP has gotten.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Aug 2008, 12:31 am

Rynok wrote:
Seriously, modesty has it's place.

Secondly, you then tried to hide the true intention behind the post (See: "I found a boy" & "PDA") by essentially saying, "If I can do it so can you, don't give up hope" as if it was some form of encouragement. Statistically speaking, if 50% find mates, and you find one, that means someone else doesn't :wink: It would be more hopeful for someone else for you to NOT find someone. :) (Talk about sadistic humor, that was dark)

seriously. what is WRONG with you people???

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 1:05 am

Ladygirl wrote:
(It makes me sad that I even feel the need to defend something on here that was not ill intentioned but...)

This was my public declaration of love. It was done on here because this is the most shared (public) medium Chris and I have at this juncture. It is the most appropriate site. I think it's the most appropriate board too. I know I read it the most.

I'm sorry to all who are so insecure with their love lives that they watch boards waiting for happy people to post so they can think of some caustic response and reward themselves with false security.
You can see it in nature all the time. Dogs. All aggression is rooted in fear. The most confident dogs aren't aggressive because they have no fear that they will be challenged whereas the least confident dogs are the most aggressive because they think everything of theirs is going to be taken.

Don't worry boys, I have no intention of stealing your future girlfriends. You needn't protect them from me with aggression. :D

I fail to understand, even when I am most miserable, why someone would want to cause harm (in any form) to another.

Maybe cleave the board in half? One for the happy endings and one for the not so happy endings? Then Cyberman, Rynok, LePetitPrince, Kilroy and the others won't ever have to see me, or my joy, again.

Sorry about some of those guys darlin......they haven't yet attained the happiness that those of us who have/are/is in love. I can say that I am happy for you, the fact that you've found the man of your "dreams" and so forth and whatnot.

Not all these guys are all that.......well hum glum, some have had relationships before that haven't worked out so well.

Then there's me.

the dating and advice councilor. the guy who's not NT, but not AS either. but more NT then AS.

I've dated, had three girlfriends, and one potential that ended me not dating, because an old flame came on the scene, and I sorta just ignored her and ended up getting in trouble for it as well, when I next saw her.

Ladygirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2008, 1:34 am

Praetorius wrote:
You couldn't just let this thread die. You had to resurrect it just to make sure that as many people could see it as possible, allowing you to flaunt your happiness to the widest audience! And when you break up with this perfect boyfriend of yours, don't be coming back here to join the rest of us in our place of relationship-bred anguish!

I actually assumed it was dead. Then I came back nine days later and here we were. :) Though Im thankful for all of the bickering for the point you mentioned. I'm so happy to have him and I do want to tell the widest audience! So rock on WP publicity machine.

Rynok wrote:
It consisted of either nothing at all, an off-hand mention of "my boyfriend" later, or sometimes a "This is no longer an issue as I found someone interesting to me" type of response.

+1 Rynok point to me? for not mentioning a word about it on here for eight months and merely changing my 'status' on the other sites when we started?

Rynok wrote:
I don't like walking down the street and seeing two people sucking the life out of each other either. It's actually kind of similar if you think about it.

If we're sitting in the park...sucking the life out of each other you don't have much warning to look away. It seems Love and Dating might be a place where you'd run into such sucking the life out of one another stories.

Ryok wrote:
Statistically speaking, if 50% find mates, and you find one, that means someone else doesn't It would be more hopeful for someone else for you to NOT find someone. (Talk about sadistic humor, that was dark)

Fair enough. She had 23 years to find him before I did and then the statistic would have been on me.
Ryok wrote:
Lastly, it isn't that I'm not confident with myself or my ability to find a decent girl (as you implied). It is simply your approach to the situation at hand. Could of been handled much more tactfully and much less sneakily in my opinion.

Okay, if you aren't looking to assert yourself, why even respond, except to be unkind? I can't imagine how my OP would put you in a position to feel defensive but perhaps. I guess I just don't understand why you need to correct me...even if you consider me to be tactless or sneaky, why not really bother the people who are outwardly mean? The religion/politics board is borderline abusive. They could use some sensitivity training, as is you specialty I assume, Rynok?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 2:57 am

sarcasm is in my blood ,

I can't see such thread full of love,flowers,butterflies and romance and just stand watching without saying anything silly :lol:

anyways, congrats ladybird, congrats sauvage boy ...hope you pop-up some sauvage babies

sauvage*= wild in french

PS: try 69 position, very amusing. ;)

MissConstrue, I am still waiting for the links.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 19 Aug 2008, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 4:35 am

Praetorius wrote:
You couldn't just let this thread die. You had to resurrect it just to make sure that as many people could see it as possible, allowing you to flaunt your happiness to the widest audience! And when you break up with this perfect boyfriend of yours, don't be coming back here to join the rest of us in our place of relationship-bred anguish!

Don't talk to her like that, you bitter, twisted loser.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 4:42 am

Rynok wrote:
All I'm saying is if your going to post about how perfect your Knight in Shining Armor is, I also wanna here all the nitty gritty unperfect things you discover as you get to know him better.

Seriously, modesty has it's place. If the whole post was designed to show your boyfriend that you liked him, you could of done the same thing with a PM. I know I personally tend to read those first anyhow. As for a public declaration, that's fine, but you gotta treat it like PDA. I don't like walking down the street and seeing two people sucking the life out of each other either. It's actually kind of similar if you think about it.

First, you made an entire thread to basically say "I found a boy" but it took you way too many words to get to that point.

Ladygirl knows about all the nitty gritty stuff. She still loves me. This wasn't a thread to rub it in your faces, she was just declaring how happy she was. Its a shame some of you are so bitter and paranoid.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:10 am

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
Praetorius wrote:
You couldn't just let this thread die. You had to resurrect it just to make sure that as many people could see it as possible, allowing you to flaunt your happiness to the widest audience!

what the heck is WRONG with you? flaunt her happiness? only depression should be flaunted??? i can't believe how many hateful responses the OP has gotten.

I agree. The OP posted because she was happy. She she not say anything vaguely resembling "You guys suck because you don't have a relationship and I do; you are going to be alone forever and I REVEL in your misery!", and I cannot understand why some people seem to have read her post in that way.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:50 am

Gamester wrote:
Then there's me.

the dating and advice councilor.

Dr. , Can I get your Business Card please?

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 7:57 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Rynok wrote:
I don't remember seeing the other two, but I would imagine it has to do with how she said it.

Well I don't want to come off as a bigot or in pertaing to females a feminist but I see threads posted by guys of how aspie females have it lucky and how debasing they can be when I find that hard to believe. Being single myself with a just a couple of short and painful relationships in the past at least I don't constantly debase men in a way that belittles them to a point where it becomes humorless. At least I admit some responsibilities for my actions when it comes to problems in terms of relationships.

Normally I don't take these threads seriously but I do wonder the way in which guys respond to a female's thread as opposed to a guy's thread when they hit the jackpot. FYI, I know that not all guys are like this but I do find a greater number as opposed to the latter.

Anyway, it may not be a "male conspiracy" but this isn't the first time I've seen these kinds of threads and I don't see really ill intention in the way it's worded to put aspies or male aspies down but only one can assume since it's not clear enough and put in a way of questioning whether the poster should have put this thread here or not. I just don't see what the big deal is.

I didn't pick on those show-off guys before?? My bad,I must really missed those threads ...link me to them so I can deal with them, fear not... I am sure that I can bring back the balance to this planet!

Aye Aye M'aam! Your demands are orders!

You missed something else prince, something extremely significant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a typical heterosexual male aspie in this regard.

I ain't saying I lack empathy, but I find it hard to empathize with all those females around here saying, "Too many people find me attractive and want to be with me," or "My life is an endless series of relationships, but I'm not entirely satisfied," or "I'm complaining about the guy I'm fogging while I'm fogging the guy I'm complaining about."

And female aspies saying, "I did it, that proves you can, too," obviously doesn't mean much.

And they wonder why an genetic condition that isn't carried on the X or Y chromosomes gets diagnosed four times more often in males, even though it should be just as common in both genders.

Then some guy who can't even imagine the reality tells me, "Just be yourself," cause he don't understand that I don't have the ability to be nothing but myself, and when I "just be myself" the response I get is ,shall we say, not entirely positive. Just being myself is the problem, not the solution.

But hold on, take a look at what MissConstrue said:

MissConstrue wrote:
I see threads posted by guys of how aspie females have it lucky and how debasing they can be when I find that hard to believe. Being single myself with a just a couple of short and painful relationships in the past...

Do you realize the significance of that? There's a female aspie in exactly the same situation we're in. If there's one, it's very likely there's more.

We might need to reconsider some ideas here. This gender divide a lot of us have been talking about might not be as absolute as we've been thinking it is.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 12:23 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:
Rynok wrote:

Ladygirl knows about all the nitty gritty stuff. She still loves me. This wasn't a thread to rub it in your faces, she was just declaring how happy she was. Its a shame some of you are so bitter and paranoid.

Woah, Benjiman, not everyone here is like that. Thus far, I think I'm one of the few people here happy for her, I'm sure there are others, but I haven't seen them.

and Prince, I don't have a card, not yet, but I will be speaking to one of my Operatives once school starts again, about getting some made(both for my dating and advice stuff, and my computer operations and repair specialties) but in the meantime, you can listen on online to me at kfox.georgefox.edu wednesdays starting mid September.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 1:31 pm

no one can ever be happy with people
no one can ever offer any advise of sympathy

you people are pricks-she was happy and wanted to tell people
but no you pitiful people couldn't accept that, for whatever reason
you felt you had to chew her out

and you people are probably the same ones who accuse NT's of being ass holes
when in real fact its aspies who are pricks a lot of the time
I don't blame NT's for my life-I did what I did, and I have to live with it
I was to afraid to talk to people, I hid away-that's my fault
not theirs. But I find a lot of aspies like to twist that around, and even go so far as wanting to shun NT's
shove a twisted hate filled pride down everyone's throat
what a world...

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 4:57 pm

Kilroy wrote:

not theirs. But I find a lot of aspies like to twist that around, and even go so far as wanting to shun NT's
what a world...

yeah, your one of the good ones. I'd say i'm more NT. Thats why the aspie religious people jumped down my throat on that thread, cause I don't speak aspie!

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 5:04 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

what a world...

yeah, your one of the good ones. I'd say i'm more NT. Thats why the aspie religious people jumped down my throat on that thread, cause I don't speak aspie!

Amen to that.

I've come to appreciate Kilroy's candor, even if half the time I want to blow something up, because I know he's right, and it messes with my ego.

Though it shouldn't matter if you speak Aspie or not Benjiman, I'm more NT then AS and I don't speak AS and I have people hating me because I sound pompous or a bit to much of a jerk. and I don't care, because it's how I've always been. I'm blunt and if it hurts someone, then they need to get tougher.