The Only Homosexual Aspie Out There?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2008, 11:10 pm

Hello. Am I there only person with asperger's that's gay? Doesn't that make me double as looked-down upon by others? :roll:

I plan on pursuing relationships with other boys, how would this be possible? I can hardly even have a friendship with other people. (I have 3 friends here, one of them being my best friend)

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 11:12 pm

Mapler wrote:
Hello. Am I there only person with asperger's that's gay?
No, there are Aspies of all orientations here.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 11:22 pm

haha newbie

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2008, 11:26 pm

Cyberman wrote:
Mapler wrote:

Oh, that provides some comfort. All my life I felt very different from everyone . . .

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 11:31 pm

no, you can be an Aspie and what ever else you care to mention on WP.

As you have read the rules, http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt12459.html
then you know that HOMEOPHOBIC language is considered unacceptable content on WP. Those people that forget this rule get warnings or banned.

Welcome to WP!

Merle

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:57 am

edited: (for legal reasons)

Summary: AS does not hinder finding mates for gay guys as much as it does for straight guys.

Last edited by ValMikeSmith on 15 Oct 2008, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 2:31 am

ValMikeSmith wrote:
In other words I believe it is VERY much easier for a gay male aspie to find a mate than for a straight male aspie to find one, IF there are gay guys around AND you can talk to them.

that's true, if i were a gay i would already had a boyfriend. they tend to approach me often. i seem to be their type. woman don't do that. no girlfriend ever.
i am actually toying with the thought of not refusing them anymore and being friends with them. we don't have to have sex together, but still we can be friends.

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2008, 3:57 am

Aspie lesbian checking in. Welcome to WP.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 3:59 am

There are many GLBT Aspies on here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2008, 4:05 am

Mapler wrote:
Oh, that provides some comfort. All my life I felt very different from everyone . . .

Haha, join the club, friend. I think I'd be safe to say that most of us feel that way for one reason or another.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:07 pm

Mapler wrote:
Cyberman wrote:
Mapler wrote:

It is the fact i am completly different from everyone else that brings me comfort

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:51 pm

I am aspie and (somewhat newly) polyamorous and my "secondary" boyfriend is how-you-say Very AS-ish..and "genderqueer"....if that is the correct term :wink: ...he is an effeminate male who identifies with himself as a woman, and likes to dress in women's clothing (in private) but is attracted only to women...(i think)
He is the closest I have to a female friend at the moment...and he is one of my only close friends.

I have thought about starting a thread because I wonder how many other poly females there are on the board, because even though I know they are out there, I sorta feel like the only one.
I came to it in a very round-about way, but it seems to be a very logical lifestyle to me. Lying and infidelity are out the window....

Last edited by poopylungstuffing on 15 Oct 2008, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:53 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I have thought about starting a thread because I wonder how many other poly females there are on the board. I came to it in a very round-about way, but it seems to be a very logical lifestyle to me. Lying and infidelity are out the window.

But isn't it difficult enough to have one significant other, let alone several? Especially for an Aspie?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 2:03 pm

Cyberman wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:
I have thought about starting a thread because I wonder how many other poly females there are on the board. I came to it in a very round-about way, but it seems to be a very logical lifestyle to me. Lying and infidelity are out the window.

But isn't it difficult enough to have one significant other, let alone several? Especially for an Aspie?

One of the very first diagnosed aspies I ever met is/was a poly male.

So far I have gotten it to work since July of this year....

two is enough..and it has not been totally easy.

I have alot of practice with relationships because I started young. I have been with my prmary partner for almost 6 years.

It came about because my primary partner has a really hard time being monogamous...and one of my bestest friends has a really really hard time with the girls...(despite being a unique and beautiful individual)...so he got adopted as my other boyfriend....though he is free to do as he wishes should the occasion arise.

I see him a couple times a week, and he is still friends with my primary boyfriend and everything.

Flakey, in turn still sees the mistress that started it all in the first place.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 2:09 pm

Well, if it works for you, I guess it's good. I just find it somewhat hard to believe, since I've never even been able to have one girlfriend in my entire life, let alone two at a time.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 2:53 pm

It seems as though there are lots of regular guys who would pull it off if they could....so why not girls?

It really only works when there is consent and communication between all parties involved.

It makes for some confusion. It really has stretched my mind out quite a bit. At the same time..there is alot of pain and other crappy stuff that has been alleviated by the arrangement...

:) i always kill threads when I start talking bout poly stuff....In the past though..I never thought it would happen in a million years I was rigidly against it...mainly because i could not wrap my mind aroud it.

but my main point was to bring up my "Gender-queer" friend...who is about as ASish as anyone I know could be.