Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

FinnParker
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2015, 8:01 am

Most people I really dislike when they touch me. Sometimes it makes me cringe or even flinch away. Kind of feels like if I put my hand in a bucket of vile, nasty bugs.

A few people, I actually enjoy being touched and look for reasons to touch. Or their touch is completely neutral. Doesn't register. I might is well be leaning against or touching a wall.

Then, there are the truly few whose touch I crave. It is sort of electrical.

Is this common? I'm having a hard time sorting this out in my head. I don't understand how this works or if it is even is related to Aspies. Some input would be very helpful.

alex
Developer
Developer

12 Jun 2015, 9:32 am

do you cringe when you expect to be touched or only when it comes as a surprise?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2015, 7:04 pm

I don't like being touched by anyone except my girlfriend who I love being touched by

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 7:13 pm

I think I can relate.

I have trouble tolerating touch. Sometimes I might want it, but cannot handle it...and it definitely feels like electrical waves.

For me, it can be touch from even loved ones that I cannot tolerate.

However, I can always tolerate babies. It's as they age that makes it more difficult.

Some people are easier to touch than others...and sometimes it just depends.

I don't understand it, but I've always told myself that a successful touch relies on me and the other person. ...and because I've always felt waves of some sort...I tell myself I can touch those who'se wavelengths are compatible with mine. ...in this theory, wavelengths change all the time, so touching once doesn't indicate that this person will always be safe to touch. I've wondered of babies are somehow more vulnerable to the wavelengths of others.

I realize that all kind of sounds insane, but I've had a long time to think about it and some very serious relationships to navigate around this issue (I still sometimes cannot touch my husband easily, and yet I have reproduced ;)).

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well