Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

04 Feb 2009, 4:37 pm

I saw the girl I like in school while I was in the hallway, and I did a chin-up on the doorway in the hallway just for fun and then when I dropped down, I was looking at her as she finished her sentence to her friend, and she was looking at me and I heard her say: "Because as soon as you say you love them, it all goes down hill"

I've told her that I loved her before on 2/15/08

What could this mean?



Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 350
Location: Cork, Ireland

04 Feb 2009, 6:07 pm

j5689 wrote:
I saw the girl I like in school while I was in the hallway, and I did a chin-up on the doorway in the hallway just for fun and then when I dropped down, I was looking at her as she finished her sentence to her friend, and she was looking at me and I heard her say: "Because as soon as you say you love them, it all goes down hill"

I've told her that I loved her before on 2/15/08

What could this mean?


Was the friend male or female?



j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

04 Feb 2009, 6:33 pm

Her friend was female. My friend was a male.



mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,675
Location: Arizona

04 Feb 2009, 6:48 pm

There's no way to say for sure what she meant. She may have simply been giving her friend advice about something and was looking at you because you were making a spectacle of yourself.



Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 350
Location: Cork, Ireland

04 Feb 2009, 6:50 pm

j5689 wrote:
"Because as soon as you say you love them, it all goes down hill"


This is a girl's way of saying to another girl, "do not tell a guy you like him because he will take advantage of you! Better keep it to yourself".

I usually see men doing this instead of women. Many men are afraid to reveal their feelings because they have been taught to believe that once you tell a woman you love her, you are a loser. Love is a two way street and someone has to tell the other they love them. If the other person does not return your feelings, it is their loss.



Hector
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,493

04 Feb 2009, 8:17 pm

It probably doesn't mean anything. You're at an age when people are still finding their feet socially, regardless of AS, and may still make gaffes or otherwise appear mean when they don't mean to.



j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

06 Feb 2009, 3:44 pm

I feel like I'm being a stalker now sort of. Her ex, who I think still likes her, told me that I kind of am being one. And he said she also has a MySpace now that she uses under her mother's name.

I literally feel sick thinking about myself creeping her out.



taintedangelboy
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 102
Location: Florida in Winter, France in Summer

07 Feb 2009, 12:38 am

I think she wants more romance?



j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

07 Feb 2009, 2:28 am

taintedangelboy wrote:
I think she wants more romance?
I hope you're right. I think her ex is just trying to mess with my head. Guilt me into thinking I'm stalking her or something.



Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 131

07 Feb 2009, 10:11 am

Cut off all communication with her for awhile, dont evne look at her so she knows your not stalking her and if she wants to talk to you again.. then its all good.



j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

07 Feb 2009, 10:38 am

Jsmitheh wrote:
Cut off all communication with her for awhile, dont evne look at her so she knows your not stalking her and if she wants to talk to you again.. then its all good.
I've done that before but she still didn't talk to me, but she did spontaneously hug me in the hallway without saying a word about a week before Winter Break.

Here's the story from that day from one of my posts on another forum:

Then today, my friend (her ex) and I were waiting near his locker, because he was going to introduce me to this other girl that can help me with my AS problems. Amazingly this happens:

I see the girl that I like in front of him and she just keeps looking at me for a few seconds and waves to us both and then she suddenly comes up with a hugging motion and me and my friend both think it's for him, but she pushes him aside and says no and then gives ME a hug. The first time that she has ever hugged me as a matter of fact.




I used to have to compete with her ex all the time last year when talking to her and I couldn't because she always seemed to like him much more. Now, it seems I've taken the lead. I think he's jealous and wants me to stop liking her.



mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,675
Location: Arizona

07 Feb 2009, 11:00 am

It's really tough to say j5689. I wish I could help you out but I really have no idea what is the best course of action here. I suck at playing games, if it were me, I'd probably walk right up to them and be like 'ok what's the deal, cuz I have no idea what's going on here!' and that would probably ruin everything since there's a specific way you're supposed to play the game that I just don't fool with - probably makes people uncomfortable.



Hector
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,493

07 Feb 2009, 11:09 am

j5689 wrote:
I've done that before but she still didn't talk to me, but she did spontaneously hug me in the hallway without saying a word about a week before Winter Break.

Her hugging you could mean anything. I could possibly be wrong here, but I'd be very careful with this girl if I were you. Her ex could just be lying because he's jealous, but don't run away with that hypothesis and suppose it's true.



j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

07 Feb 2009, 11:31 am

mitharatowen wrote:
It's really tough to say j5689. I wish I could help you out but I really have no idea what is the best course of action here. I suck at playing games, if it were me, I'd probably walk right up to them and be like 'ok what's the deal, cuz I have no idea what's going on here!' and that would probably ruin everything since there's a specific way you're supposed to play the game that I just don't fool with - probably makes people uncomfortable.
She seems to be really attached to the games but she should clearly know by now that I'm not a great player. I can't talk about any of it with her or she gets really quiet. And I was thinking about doing something like that but as you said and from how she acts when I bring this stuff up, it would be just too forward and would be the wrong way to go about it. And I guess I shouldn't be so worried anyway, I've liked her since like October 07 and I've always been brutally obvious about it. I guess it's just gonna be a stalemate like this until one of us does something, and I've done all that I can. She has to start hitting the ball back.

Hector wrote:
j5689 wrote:
I've done that before but she still didn't talk to me, but she did spontaneously hug me in the hallway without saying a word about a week before Winter Break.

Her hugging you could mean anything. I could possibly be wrong here, but I'd be very careful with this girl if I were you. Her ex could just be lying because he's jealous, but don't run away with that hypothesis and suppose it's true.
I bring it up every time he starts saying that I should stop liking her and then insists that he doesn't because he already has a GF. He says it's because she's not interested in me that I should stop, but I don't believe he really gives a damn about me. He's always been really stingy about girls as long as I've known him.



j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 304
Location: Riva, MD

11 Feb 2009, 6:41 pm

Well, now I don't feel so stalkerish anymore, yesterday she actually talked to me, even if it was small talk from like 8 ft away. We looked into each others eyes the whole time we were talking though and I even made her laugh.

I was helping this guy with his computer and I explained to her how one picks up a "porn advertiser" tracking cookie, which is only through initially going to porn sites. He had one on there, lol



mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,675
Location: Arizona

11 Feb 2009, 6:44 pm

Hmm.... *reminds self to run Adaware and Spybot when she gets home tonight*