What do women look for in a male body?

Page 7 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 12:17 am

Physically, I'm drawn most to the face, especially the eyes. I find feminine facial features really attractive in males, but when I see a guy with delicate features, I feel a bit self conscious... because they usually have smaller noses than I do :P

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2009, 1:08 am

Personally, what I look for in a man's body is that is that it maintains the greatest possible distance from the girl I am trying to chat to...... :twisted:

Last edited by DaLoCo on 20 Feb 2009, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 1:15 am

I am going to have nightmares tonight because of your avatar.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 1:22 am

...says the person with what looks to be a vampire squid as their own avatar. Har.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 1:31 am

We vampyroteuthis are shy and sensitive creatures. :cry:

Re: OP:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhG9hKiplfQ[/youtube]

20 Feb 2009, 1:36 am

I prefer handsome men who are thin, not too skinny like anorexic thin. I prefer men with some meat on them but not too muscular and not too much body fat. More thin like Johnny Depp.

soljaboi51
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2009, 1:54 am

I think women like buff guys most. They feel protected by big, hard buff guys. For instance, a guy that is about 6'3" and 225 built pounds is the body I think women like most such as a football player (except for those 300 pound linemen).

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 2:25 am

twoshots wrote:
We vampyroteuthis are shy and sensitive creatures. :cry:

Doesn't mean DaLoCo isn't. :D They don't call them vampire squid from hell for nothing -- everything's about image! Obviously that's what really counts, right? ;)

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 2:29 am

soljaboi51 wrote:
I think women like buff guys most. They feel protected by big, hard buff guys. For instance, a guy that is about 6'3" and 225 built pounds is the body I think women like most such as a football player (except for those 300 pound linemen).

Speaking as a semi-hybrid between your prototype and the lineman (6'4", was 325, now 248)... while there are some who do feel secure and are attracted to that archetype, there are as many if not more who are intimidated or made afraid by my size. I had to learn how to teach differently than other instructors because my gestures and mannerisms would unnerve my students if I were too close, especially at my size.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2009, 4:31 am

soljaboi51 wrote:

Actually if you are using linebackers as a guide most of them are 255-265 pounds.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 8:46 am

CelticGoddess wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:
CelticGoddess wrote:
jawbrodt wrote:
Oh no! I'm a freak! :wink: :lol:

I could have told you that awhile ago. :lol:

Hmmm, I'm wondering if 5'9" is making me the female version of the freak. :wink:

do you have long legs?

My legs are only 2 ft long. I just have a reeeeealllly long torso. :lol:

Yes, I have long legs.

Lol, I almost believed that for a second, that would be interesting to say the least :P

You do! :thumright:

Optician_Of_Urza
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2009, 8:53 am

My mum is 5'8" and my housemate is 6'4". I'm used to tall women.

andyfalls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2009, 10:33 am

Ticker wrote:
I've noticed the current young generation of girls seem to like the skinny men and are turned off by more masculine looking men.

Oh no... I'm skinny with a very hairy chest... the worst of both worlds? :roll:

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 12:21 pm

DWill wrote:
soljaboi51 wrote:

Actually if you are using linebackers as a guide most of them are 255-265 pounds.

And I would say either way, what you describe is more like the kind of straight guy that gay guys tend to long after (though in eachother, they tend to prefer toned, low-body fat, and not a lot of hair), and not so much with women. They really aren't that into the muscle thing, generally (with some exceptions). I think a lot of the female responses have shown this.

We've watched too much mass media over the years that has drilled unrealistic expectations into our heads about what the other gender wants. Women now think that all guys want anorexic barbie dolls, and men now think women all want 8% body fat pro-wrestler types with huge phalluses.

Neither is true. While there will be people who buy into the media hype, or are overly picky about one body type, most of us, when it comes down to it, are attracted to a wide variety of body types, as nature intended. These body types reflect different states of health, fertility, and genetic fitness. I myself like women who are: a) voluptuous (large boobs, large butt and hips, proportionate waist) b) skinny (like many Asian women are) or c) something else. The Pam Anderson look doesn't look healthy to me (she was always seriously underweight, which is why she needed implants to have big boobs), and there's always the mental consideration as well. I want someone smart to help me carry on my genes, and someone whose body reflects smart or healthy body decisions in how they live (no fat guts on women, for instance). Wide hips are a must for me, and that's just reflecting our pre-C section need for a woman to actually be able to squeeze a baby out of a birth canal without dying during labor.

Hurricane_Delta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2009, 12:26 pm

Orbyss wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
soljaboi51 wrote:
I am a guy, considered hot by most girls. But I am 6'2" and 155 pounds, so my body is not very attractive at all to them.

Dude... 6'2" and 155 pounts is "not attractive"? Since when?

6'2", 155 is fairly skinny for a guy -- like "hip bones stick out when you lay down on the bed" skinny.

Hah, my ex/guyfriend is 6' 2", 135lbs. Somehow, it works for him.

I am about 6'4 to 6'6 and weigh 140-145 pounds. I've had no luck. I'm can't guess what women want.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 12:40 pm

Hurricane_Delta wrote:
Orbyss wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
soljaboi51 wrote:
I am a guy, considered hot by most girls. But I am 6'2" and 155 pounds, so my body is not very attractive at all to them.

Dude... 6'2" and 155 pounts is "not attractive"? Since when?

6'2", 155 is fairly skinny for a guy -- like "hip bones stick out when you lay down on the bed" skinny.

Hah, my ex/guyfriend is 6' 2", 135lbs. Somehow, it works for him.

I am about 6'4 to 6'6 and weigh 140-145 pounds. I've had no luck. I'm can't guess what women want.

I'm sure that someone likes that somewhere, but generally, that's really skinny. You should probably have another 30-40 pounds on that frame, mostly muscle. I see by your age that you are still very young though, and haven't hit the 2nd round of "weight gain" years yet. I went from 160 to 200 from age 18-22. I think you'll fill out pretty quickly -- but if it bugs you, get a weight lifting regimen together, and start taking in protein shakes first thing in the morning, and first thing at night.

I recommend this book from Stuart McRobert -- he's a strong advocate of not overtraining, which is a big problem for most of us hard-gainers. If you weren't a hard-gainer, you'd probably be muscular by now. Most of us have a hard time putting on or keeping on muscle, while a genetically gifted few put it on easily, even when they are doing everything wrong. You don't want to get weight lifting advice from someone like that, because their advice can hurt you and set you back, even though it works for them.