I need to know why society think its ok to lie?

Page 7 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 12:14 pm

KenM wrote:
greenblue wrote:

#2: Trying to not hurt your feelings, usually is when a person feels sympathy or empathy towards another person and deciding to say a "white lie" because of it.

When I tell them I need them to be honest and straight forward, I also tell them it hurts me more when i feel they have lied to me. But they still do it when I tell them anything but the truth will hurt. That shows no sympathy or empathy towards me.

I do have habits, but none of my habits screw with other people like women do.

ohh god....

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Apr 2009, 1:18 pm

I think that Spokane_Girl summed it up perfectly. And all women have not lied to or hurt you. Just the ones you interacted with. People have no obligation to change for us, just because we think that they should. If that were the case, the world would be a very different place. And not necessarily a better one.

12 Apr 2009, 1:27 pm

KenM wrote:
greenblue wrote:

#2: Trying to not hurt your feelings, usually is when a person feels sympathy or empathy towards another person and deciding to say a "white lie" because of it.

When I tell them I need them to be honest and straight forward, I also tell them it hurts me more when i feel they have lied to me. But they still do it when I tell them anything but the truth will hurt. That shows no sympathy or empathy towards me.

I do have habits, but none of my habits screw with other people like women do.

I'm sure you do have habits that women would find annoying but they certainly won't use them against you by assuming you don't respect them because you won't stop them over night. My bf uses poor grammar and I am still with him. It drives me crazy when he uses it and drives me bonkers, excuse me insane, no not insane because I am not literally going crazy, damn what word should I use, okay I think you know what I'm trying to say here :wink: . Does that mean he doesn't respect me because he won't stop? No because it's a habit he has, he has spoken that way his whole life, his parents talk that way and his school never taught him grammar because he was in special ed so his work was different than the other kids in his grade. I keep trying to work with him.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 2:06 pm

I never said my habits may not annoy people. But they don't deliberity screw with others feelings as women have with there "habits" as you call it, them being misleading and lieing to me.

Someones speech and grammar patterns can be annoying to people. But its not deliberity misleading and dishonest as lieing.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 3:53 pm

KenM - what you consider lying, society considers being polite. You can either adjust your expectations or continue being upset, but the choice is yours. Ranting and railing against them does little but show off your ability to complain - sorry, but that's the succinct version of what I have to say.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 4:30 pm

I guess society just is not ready for me. Everyone is too scared to face the truth and cry like little girls when people tell the truth. p*****s. I'm stronger then everyone because I can handle the truth.

12 Apr 2009, 4:33 pm

You're a whiner, you're a cry baby, selfish, expect everyone to your standards, use your AS as an excuse and you do the victim complex.

Can you handle that truth? :P

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 5:07 pm

KenM wrote:
I guess society just is not ready for me. Everyone is too scared to face the truth and cry like little girls when people tell the truth. p*****s. I'm stronger then everyone because I can handle the truth.

If that is what gets you through the day, Ken, then by all means... but I don't share your view.

M.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 6:09 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
You're a whiner, you're a cry baby, selfish, expect everyone to your standards, use your AS as an excuse and you do the victim complex.

In this case I feel my AS is helping sort through the BS. Its an asset. I see that now. Youwill see me anyway you want to.

12 Apr 2009, 6:34 pm

KenM wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

In this case I feel my AS is helping sort through the BS. Its an asset. I see that now. Youwill see me anyway you want to.

I'm sorry but that is my genuine opinion of you. You want honesty, I gave it to you.

Don't worry I don't go around talking like that unless they ask for my opinion. I just wanted to see how you would handle it :P

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 6:48 pm

I'm ok with it. I'm not upset and respect you more for being honest. See, I can take it. Unlike most people, it seems.

ReeseLightnin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2009, 8:25 am

KenM wrote:

You're the furthest thing from someone that can handle the truth that I've ever seen in my life. You hide from the truth, you cringe away from it.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:47 pm

As said, Ken... to their mind, they are being honest - and your single request, especially if made in a general sense, will have no bearing on how they will respond in every situation. You want people to be direct, not necessarily honest - and you can't control how other people act. The truth is that people are going to act in their own best interests, according to their own experiences and beliefs, not your requests, demands or expectations. You can either be honest with yourself and expect it, or continue to push people away.

M.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 3:39 pm

Can someone explain to me when a women says "I just want to be friends" when they want nothing to do with you is being honest? Because thats what I'm wondering. In there mind they are being honset. But it does not fit the defintion of honesty. They are saying one thing but meaning something totally different.

Honesty
One entry found.

hon·es·ty
Pronunciation: \ˈä-nəs-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural hon·es·ties
Date: 14th century
1obsolete : chastity
2 a: fairness and straightforwardness of conduct b: adherence to the facts : sincerity
3: any of a genus (Lunaria) of European herbs of the mustard family with toothed leaves and flat disk-shaped siliques
synonyms honesty , honor , integrity , probity mean uprightness of character or action. honesty implies a refusal to lie, steal, or deceive in any way. honor suggests an active or anxious regard for the standards of one's profession, calling, or position. integrity implies trustworthiness and incorruptibility to a degree that one is incapable of being false to a trust, responsibility, or pledge. probity implies tried and proven honesty or integrity.

Last edited by KenM on 13 Apr 2009, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

13 Apr 2009, 4:11 pm

You know what "I just want to be friends" means. :roll:

I'm done here.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 4:17 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
You know what "I just want to be friends" means. :roll:

I'm done here.

But its not honest. Thats what I'm trying to understand. How can someone say A and mean B and think its honest and ok.