'ow do lonely guys get girls?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2004, 7:13 am

Should I go out by myself to the bars? God I hate being alone. :cry: I need a woman. I really really do eh. Successful guys out there? Spare a brother a tip please. It's hard eh. :(

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2004, 7:48 am

Watch every Hugh Grant movie ever made...

That's a good example of what women want... wimpy metrosexuals with a knowledge of fine wines, tea procedure and a reasonably high-paying job...

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2004, 7:56 am

Feste-Fenris wrote:
Watch every Hugh Grant movie ever made...

That's a good example of what women want... wimpy metrosexuals with a knowledge of fine wines, tea procedure and a reasonably high-paying job...

Are you kidding? That's not what women want, if one can even speak of what such a large and diverse population wants. Different women are attracted to different men (or sometimes women). Don't try to play a role that isn't yourself.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2004, 1:33 pm

I need a gf too. Im lonely.

NanoTy
Raven
Raven

05 Nov 2004, 3:24 pm

A man with a stable and high paying job is very appealing to most single women. Many women place the importance of a man's job above his physical also attractiveness. I think women find being a conoisseur of wine attractive, but I am not quite sure. I would assume that knowing about wines implies sophistication and goes along with being wealthy.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2004, 8:01 pm

i look alright & have an alright job for my age. need to work on the wine thing tho. but i mean can someone give me some step by step instructions or a step by step scenario or something about meeting a woman etc... another question: cause i don't have many friends in this city at all, it's horrible going out by yourself...but i think only if i do go out to the clubs & bars etc, will i get a chance to meet women....what do any of you reckon i should do about this situation? i really appreciate all of your posts

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2004, 8:21 pm

I won't deny that a high paid job, power and sophistication make a man attractive to me. Depends on what you are after, try and find similar intersets, join a club ect. There's someone for everyone.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2004, 12:27 am

I can understand a high paid job and sophistication, but why power? :?

followMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2004, 1:29 am

http://www.doubleyourdating.com

the guy that runs this site tries to sell you a book, but if you give him your e-mail, i'm pretty sure you will get a free daily newletter with some specific tips that, in my opinion, make sense. let me know if the link works. i haven't been to the site in a while.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2004, 12:19 pm

I don't think a guy's job makes him any more attractive, really the best thing you can do is join clubs about things you find interesting then you're increasing your chances of finding a woman who you have stuff in common with. Actually the best advice is be yourself.

Incidently I think Hugh Grant is one of the most annoying people on the planet with the most irritating accent. Never try to be him

I also know absolutely no women who want a man who knows his wine.

Sonas càirdeas

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2004, 8:35 pm

clubs eh?.....sounds like a good idea
never thought of that one

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2004, 8:44 pm

I wouldn't reccomend picking people up at clubs. They're usually too loud to have conversations in.

Katana
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2004, 9:45 pm

followMe wrote:
http://www.doubleyourdating.com

the guy that runs this site tries to sell you a book, but if you give him your e-mail, i'm pretty sure you will get a free daily newletter with some specific tips that, in my opinion, make sense. let me know if the link works. i haven't been to the site in a while.

:lol:

Don't bother buying it - send me a PM and I'll mail you a PDF file that I nabbed from someone else free of charge. :D

I love the Net, me.

letsGoBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2004, 12:34 am

So I need a degree in something?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2004, 2:41 am

Captain_Brain wrote:
I can understand a high paid job and sophistication, but why power? :?

That's just me. It's what turns me on. Confidence and authority. Each to their own, though.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2004, 9:23 am

My opinion on this is if a man wants to meet a woman and enter into a relationship with a woman, friendship usually is the best first step. I've gotten into too many relationships with men because they thought I was good looking or just said the 'right' things they thought I wanted to hear and then when things progressed I found out they say things only to get together with a woman and all too often that's how they approach sex too that I've experienced. Too many men that I've dated or have had approach me do it insincerely for the lack of a better term at the moment. Instead of being themselves, they think that using sexist terms and such to try and compliment women when it just ends up degrading them and turning them off. I don't want a man that is that great-looking if they are only interested in sex or themselves which I've had happen as well. I want a guy that values me for my mind, my personality, my interests and such, I don't want a man that is just wanting my body or likes my body. I would rather a man that is intelligent, honest, trustworthy and wants to be in my company and get to know me, sex and all is going to get my attention, not someone that is superficial and has nothing of substinance in his personality and being. They may as well date themselves as being superficial around women is only going to get a very minor group of girls that are too naive to know any better. As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", you never know where you'll find it and it may not be in physical appearance.