Early boldness - moving ahead

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 7:28 pm

Ok I am 23 and my frontal boldness looks like Bruce Willis's in this pic Image

I'm cutting it Army short and starting Rogaine foam. It's supposed to stimulate hair follicles and is the only boldness treatment known to men that does not have sexual side effects.

I am not sure what do with the rest of my image. I might grow moderate facial hair or a beard.

Has your hair gone in your early twenties? Did it bother you? Mine might as well go bold since I'm not getting any anyway.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 7:57 pm

bold?

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 7:58 pm

I have a friend who started losing his at 18. At first he went "Army legnth", then just started shaving his head. He looks good bald. Better than with hair, actually.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 8:22 pm

I'm terrible at picking a style for myself. How do I find someone who will tell me how short I should go and if I should grow some facial hair. I am shy to ask.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 8:30 pm

It's hard to say without seeing a picture of you, but probably your best bet is "army short" like you said, with a short (like the same length or shorter than the army short cut), full-face, well-trimmed beard.

Also let me know how the Rogaine works, I'm super paranoid about losing my hair. Sadly I cannot grow a beard, so I'd be pretty much out of luck.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 8:57 pm

Rogaine is the only treatment out there - all other pills suck the life out of your penis whether they say it or not lol

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 9:47 pm

There's NOTHING WRONG with how Bruce Willis looks in that picture. You don't have to fight the hair; you can make it look good too. If you're style-conscious and want to go it bald, the most popular look for bald guys in the music scene (the "Cool Guys") is to wear a goatee sans moustache and no other facial hair. Some go for the larger round goat, others for the small triangular or even a vertical strip. Try it for a day and shave it off if you don't like it. Heck, I used to grow my whole beard out and then shave it down in one day, bit by bit, trying different styles with each pass of the razor. I was able to see myself in a range of looks from "Justin Timberlake Chinstrap" down to "The Hitler". For a second opinion, ask someone in your house if they like it.

You might hit something you like that way.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 3:27 am

dont let it get you down, really its not important.

An ex boyfriend of mine went bald when he was 20 and I met him when he was 35 and he always did very well with the ladies, it did not make any difference at all. He claimed it would make him better in bed as it indicated higher testosterone levels lol.

If I was you, I would focus on improving your self esteem and confidence and not how you look.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 7:12 am

no amount of hair helps with boldness.. i have long curly locks & i'm still shy :oops:

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 10:09 am

personally I find army-short hair quite attractive. anything longer than 3 cm is too long :P

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:05 pm

I thought going bold would be a good thing? Any step towards looking like patrick stewart must be celebrated.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:14 pm

Michjo wrote:
Any step towards looking like patrick stewart must be celebrated.

I have a real weird shaped dome and I am pretty sure I'd more resemble Bald Bull from Punchout