Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:10 pm

1 on 1.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

1 on 1 gives you more opportunity to speak.

Group conversation puts less pressure on you to instantly come up with something.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2012, 6:05 am

I prefer groups myself. More company, more interactivity in our conversations. :) I'm in a big group of friends.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 7:48 am

MightyMorphin wrote:
When there are 2 other people, 3 including me. There's no awkward silence then. Happens to me a lot ><

I agree, I also work best when they are 2 other people. As more often than not, when you don't know what to say someone else will to keep the conversation going. When it is 1 on 1, awkward silences tend to happen more often with me, which makes me feel frustrated and drained by having to figure out what to say next. More than 2 can be fine if its close friends. Other than that, its exhausting as everyone seems to battle to get the first word in which I don't partake in.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 8:13 am

1 on 1 for me :o

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 5:55 am

Groups so that I don't have to say anything. :D

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:24 am

1 on 1. If there are more, they waill talk amongst themselves and i can't get a word in.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:05 am

I was at a house party and couldn't get a word in even though the people there weren't exactly shunning or ignoring me in any way. The host came up to me later and started a conversation (probably sensing how awkward I felt) and we talked for hours. Once I got going, I was fine for the rest of the night and was the last to leave.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 9:06 am

One on one by a long way. When I'm in a group I am forever interrupting people, so I am told.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 4:13 pm

1 on 1, definitely. Groups are so confusing and anxiety provoking. I'd rather just talk to one or two people. More information gets shared that way, and I don't feel as left out.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 12:37 am

Me too....one on one. The larger the group the more uncomfortable I get. 2 is not too bad, although even then I find myself focusing on one or the other person. Anything more and I start having problems.

One day I had a weird experience though. I was with my mother at her business and several of her friends dropped by at about the same time. I started talking to one and then another would be listening and then another. Eventually I was talking to about eight people. I didn't pick up on it at first, and then I started noticing that I was the only one talking and everyone was hanging on to my every word. I felt like I was "on." It started weirding me out, and I slowly backed out of the situation. So apparently, if I don't have time to think about it and dwell on it, I can talk to groups of people.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 4:35 am

One on one, sometimes one on two, but I have to be very comfortable with the people. Any more than that and I'm out of my depth.

Rattus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

1 on 1 always, being in a group never goes well ever. Anxiety normally makes me go manic and I only embarrass myself, I get more and more worked up and I often meltdown which is mortifying.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 10:57 am

1-1 anything else is difficult for me

ProbablyNotNormal
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2012, 11:12 pm

One-on-One for sure. I can only handle groups if there are three or four people and we're all friends. If it's more and/or includes strangers, I don't know how to function.

spacedog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

One on one. Otherwise I cannot get a word in edgewise because the cadence of the conversation is so fast. This usually happens with women not men though. Sometimes I can handle talking to two men, if it is on a special interest subject. For example planes, or microbiology ... you get the picture eh.