Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:20 am

Don Juan was actually one of my nicknames :)

If any of you would meet me, you wouldn’t think I give off that Casanova impression.

I’m sort of like Robin Williams minus the verbal cleverness. My sense of humor is sort of dry, too.

Or maybe I’m a cross between him and Bernhard Goetz without his electronics abilities. Though I wouldn’t have shot those kids.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:27 am

Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
You must give off an air of being very rich! Do you have a luxury car and leather trousers or something?
Ahh . . . no, not really.  There was that court settlement in my favor a few years back . . . word got out . . .

:oops:

Settlement? Did you say settlement?

Hey Fnord, I really like your torture device tie.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:28 am

KitLily wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
You must give off an air of being very rich! Do you have a luxury car and leather trousers or something?
Ahh . . . no, not really.  There was that court settlement in my favor a few years back . . . word got out . . .
You need to get a super-injunction to stop this happening.
Better idea: I am retiring this autumn and moving out-of-state.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don Juan was actually one of my nicknames :)

If any of you would meet me, you wouldn’t think I give off that Casanova impression.

I’m sort of like Robin Williams minus the verbal cleverness. My sense of humor is sort of dry, too.

Or maybe I’m a cross between him and Bernhard Goetz without his electronics abilities. Though I wouldn’t have shot those kids.

It is always the quiet ones!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:30 am

I was speechless until age 5 1/2.

After that, they couldn’t get me to shut up! :P

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 04 Aug 2022, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:30 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Settlement?  Did you say settlement?  Hey Fnord, I really like your torture device tie.
Thanks, but . . .

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:32 am

:lol:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:21 am

So any opinions as to why often people with AS are not accepted by people there own age?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:25 am

Jamesy wrote:
So any opinions as to why often people with AS are not accepted by people there own age?
Lack of common interests and dissimilar cultural references -- a.k.a., "Weirdness".

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:37 am

Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
You need to get a super-injunction to stop this happening.
Better idea: I am retiring this autumn and moving out-of-state.

Ah but see how many people ask you for money there. Make sure to wear a disguise, is my advice! :wink:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:40 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Lack of common interests and dissimilar cultural references -- a.k.a., "Weirdness".

I also think it can be unusual ways to phrase things. Autistics and Non-autistics seem to use the same language differently.

The number of times I've clearly stated something- an opinion or question, and been given blank looks and frowns. Then I've said the same information again but with different words, and they've gone 'ohhhh! So THAT'S what you meant!'

It's so annoying. I gave the same information each time but with different words. :shrug:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:49 am

KitLily wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I also think it can be unusual ways to phrase things. Autistics and Non-autistics seem to use the same language differently.  The number of times I've clearly stated something- an opinion or question, and been given blank looks and frowns.  Then I've said the same information again but with different words, and they've gone 'ohhhh! So THAT'S what you meant!'  It's so annoying.  I gave the same information each time but with different words.
I know . . . sometimes, I have to "dumb down" what I say, even to colleagues in the same field!

To the particularly dense, me talk like Tarzan to get point across: "No touch!  Electricity bite!  Make big owie!"

:roll: (He touched it anyway, and got a shock than knocked him on his butt!)

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:53 am

Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Autistics and Non-autistics seem to use the same language differently.  The number of times I've clearly stated something- an opinion or question, and been given blank looks and frowns.  Then I've said the same information again but with different words, and they've gone 'ohhhh! So THAT'S what you meant!'  It's so annoying.  I gave the same information each time but with different words.
I know . . . sometimes, I have to "dumb down" what I say, even to colleagues in the same field!

To the particularly dense, me talk like Tarzan to get point across: "No touch!  Electricity bite!  Make big owie!"

There is an incredibly large number of stupid people in this world, and that number is increasing due to natural selection not working anymore :?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 11:55 am

KitLily wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Autistics and Non-autistics seem to use the same language differently.  The number of times I've clearly stated something- an opinion or question, and been given blank looks and frowns.  Then I've said the same information again but with different words, and they've gone 'ohhhh! So THAT'S what you meant!'  It's so annoying.  I gave the same information each time but with different words.

There is an incredibly large number of stupid people in this world, and that number is increasing due to natural selection not working anymore :?

There have always been stupid people. In general, I think people are smarter now because more people have access to education than even before.

Natural selection still works.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 12:05 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
KitLily wrote:

There have always been stupid people. In general, I think people are smarter now because more people have access to education than even before.

There may be more educated people now, but less with common sense. In the past, if people were stupid and did dangerous things, they died. If they act stupidly now, their injuries are mended by state of the art medical care, so they all survive.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 12:07 pm

KitLily wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
KitLily wrote:

There may be more educated people now, but less with common sense. In the past, if people were stupid and did dangerous things, they died. If they act stupidly now, their injuries are mended by state of the art medical care, so they all survive.

I'm not sure that that proves that fewer people have common sense.

We don't require the same skills for survival as our human ancestors did. The concept of "common sense" is a fluid rather than a static concept.