Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2009, 10:05 pm

How many of you are igniored a lot on the daily basis. I am ignored a lot. I'm ignored by family, friends, and so forth.
Let's start off with the email, text message, myspace sort of thing.
Sometimes I would write people, even on wrongplanet and my mesage would be ignored. Ok let's move on to folks that I know.
I write my brother or some of my friends sometimes and they wont reply.
There's this one who replies to what ever he wants. I'll ask him "How come you didnt reply" and he would go "what are you talking about, I never got your message" but i know he's lying, its a damn cell phone. Then I'd ask him again another day and he'll say "Your messages are so dumb, maybe if you talk about something then I'll reply"....I've also Had a friend who would just read the preview of my messages and wouldnt even read the rest. I know this because he would show when we'd meet again and I ask why he didnt reply.
Then on myspace people would tell me that I need to talk about better things and They'd reply.

I'm starting to think that these people DON'T and Never wanted to respond or talk to me in the first place.

I hate being blamed for talking to much about one thing, and then when I switch the conversation to their interests they do reply, but they never wanna share mine. It's like I'm always being blamed for being selfish and obsessive with my own interests but these folks do the same.

And I get some people who i talk to about this problem and either they dont care or they say .."I always reply to people so I dont know whats wrong with those people". But then those people dont walk their talk when it comes down to it.

I also get ignored in person a lot too, about stuff.

My brother told me that people dont reply because they dont want to talk to you when they dont. If they are busy they will soon get back to me later on if they dont, they dont want to talk.

I'm starting to think my brother is telling the truth. When i ask other people they say it's prolly because the person is busy.

Guys and Girls do this. I write people here on WP and they'd ignore my message and sometimes I feel like writing them back and cussing them out, but that would be harrassment.

It makes me feel stupid, like no one likes me. people tell me to forget about those people, but I'm afraid that If i let it go then I'm going to become just like the folks who ignore me...I'm afraid I'll start ignoring people abnd making them feel bad, but then again I feel like "what's the use" i'm the only person who worriesabout this anyways so if I dont reply, they may not feel that bad after all.....

I dont know. I understand when people dont repond to things that need no responding like "lol" or "ttyl" or "ok" and stuff like that. But I hate sending paragraphs and sentences and these people just ignore my message and then I see them online the next day and i know they read it, because it tells me

i dont know what to do

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 10:16 pm

i get ignored quite a bit, sorry to hear it happens to you.
i think the frustrating thing is "we"generally don't ignore people & so struggle to understand why anyone would, but i can only speak for myself & even then i'm not sure.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 May 2009, 11:01 pm

The only time that I ignore people on WP, is if they pm me for dumb reasons, like trying to get personal info that wasn't offered in the first place, or trying to get a date when I am not interested in them. Otherwise, I try to reply courteously and promptly.

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2009, 11:15 pm

But isn't that a little inconsiderate, shoudnt you just say..."I'm not interested" and then if they write back again you ignore them after that. Why do you ignore the person right then and there? i think thats so inconsiderate and selfish

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 May 2009, 11:19 pm

jemir1234 wrote:
But isn't that a little inconsiderate, shoudnt you just say..."I'm not interested" and then if they write back again you ignore them after that. Why do you ignore the person right then and there? i think thats so inconsiderate and selfish

No, it's not inconsiderate. I have had experiences where I tried to be polite, say "I'm not interested," and they continued to ask for things like nude pics, or beg me to keep communicating when they were clearly in the wrong. I had to report them to the mods.

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2009, 11:21 pm

see the ignoring thing sends wrong messages. They dont know if they are being ignored or if you are busy. There are so many misinterpreations while you can just write them back saing "I dont give out my personal information" or "I'm not interested"...............I think it's silly to just ignore someone...it's stupid, and people who do it are stupid...autistic or not.

You should only ignore:

-derogatory messages
-messages that need no replys like ...comments, or "ok" or "lol" and so forth
-or if you write a person and they reply something that makes you understand that the conversation is not going anywhere

yes and "I'm not interested" does mean the convo is not going anywhere, and if they write something back then I think thats when the person should be ignored. other than that it's pretty stupid and inconsiderate

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2009, 11:23 pm

Ok. yea...block them, if they write back to your "Not interested" message then dont even open it up. But chosing to ignore the first message is BS, because you never know if the person will leave you alone or not.

I've been ignored by people where I was just talking about interests. guys and girls ignore me. But they are just stupid and selfish people ...i'm sorry. i'm not saying that's you, but anyone who does that is selfish.

now have I done it before, not that I can remember...but I'm thinking maybe I should stop writing people because they are inconsiderate

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2009, 11:29 pm

I think people who ignore messages like that..guys or girls should put a big quote on their profile saying "I'm a Stuck Up inconsiderte person" .....

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 7:49 am

I can relate jemir1234- I often feel like a babbling idiot when I talk or write about something and get no response. I think for me personally, that because I have ADD I don't express myself in a cohesive way. I've got too much to say and it all comes out in a jumble and people aren't sure how to respond. A place like this is the only place I have in my life to express myself with people who might understand me. But it hurts to lay your heart out and then be ignored. Especially if you're talking about issues that have been a source of shame and confusion in your life. My problems with reading people have more to do with seeing too many possible interpretations rather than not seeing any at all. That's why I'm more comfortable around blunt people even if they hurt my feelings. I can be hyper-sensitive but at least I won't spend all my time analyzing and reanalyzing. As for PM's I've had two people PM me and when I responded got no response back (yes, I babbled). I'm also guilty. I had an offer to chat PM wise and I did not respond. I think because I have a knee jerk distrust of men and that's not his fault. That happens when you've been so emotionally manipulated in every relationship you've attempted that even an offer of a friendly chat sends you into a panic. Now I'm rambling :roll: Let me just say I think we should all remember that we are here because we have communication problems and let's try to be a little more patient with each other. Sorry in advance if I said anything stupid. :oops:

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2009, 11:05 pm

I understand that some of my comments might of hurt peoples feelings on here. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. Although I apologize for my comments, I don't apologize for my views.

Jurij
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2009, 11:03 am

Hmmm... I can relate to that. People don't respond because I love to write long messages. I consider short messages being very impolite. The worst message you can get is - "ok". I think that people fell they are wasting to much time and energy on questions about life so they don't want to reply me. Like "Aimless" said, people want to chit-chat but no one wants to talk. And as an AS I think chit-chat is a waste of time, and I don't like to reply to chit-chat, not even in real life.

The worst thing is when you get ignored in real life and no one will tell you why you get ignored. I am always happy to tell people what there mistakes are if they ask me. But when someone does not reply me I know that that person is not my kind of person and therefor the person did me a favor by not replying to my message. 8O

I am ALWAYS reply to people otherwise I could look my self in the mirror.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2009, 1:49 pm

Jurij,

I have the opposite problem. I like messages short and to the point. If someone is going on and on about something that can be summed up in ten words or less, then I get annoyed because they're wasting my time.

This is not to say that there are times and places where a more detailed message may be needed, but for everyday communication, Keep It Short & Simple.

If I need more detail, I'll ask for it.

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2009, 1:54 pm

I make a scene when I can tell someone's ignoring me, why should I put up with their ignorance?

Jurij
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2009, 2:17 pm

Witch wrote:
Jurij,

I have the opposite problem. I like messages short and to the point. If someone is going on and on about something that can be summed up in ten words or less, then I get annoyed because they're wasting my time.

This is not to say that there are times and places where a more detailed message may be needed, but for everyday communication, Keep It Short & Simple.

If I need more detail, I'll ask for it.

Hmmm... Yeah. I know what you mean. I think what I meant was that I like to talk about deep things. And they demand a lot of time, energy, attention and words. But if someone is talking about pointless stuff, then he should be concrete, but that is not what I am doing. If I like a person than that person can talk all he/she wants, because I can listen to that kind of person forever. And I hope someday to find someone who is as good a listener as me. :?

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2009, 9:33 pm

Here's how it is with people who don't reply:

The don't reply because they don't want to be bothered with you (They dont want to talk to you) period.
There is no other answer.
It is mean and ignorant.

Here's how it is:
They should reply, they could reply, it's considerate to reply,
but the only thing that holds it back it that they don't have to reply.

Let's just look at it as a school essay. School essays people dont wanna do, but they have to do it, but when it comes to extra credit to bring their grade up and get on the teacher's good side, they dont have to do it, although they should.

When someone doesnt reply to you, take it as, that person doesnt want to talk to me, unless you know otherwise.
People are flakey in general. Men and women are. women just appear to be more because first of all they dont want to talk to you period unless you're another girl and some girls dont even reply to girls, and second of all, for all she knows you could be some rapist and she wants to protect herself. Guys dont reply because they dont wanna talk period to you period, no other answer.

about 98% of the world's people are flakey in some shape or form from what I see. but then there are just really flakey folks. That is why we shouldnt get to carried away with friendships and relationships, especially as aspies because we tend to get frustrated with things we can't explain. But remember there is a definite answer to this whole being ignored thing.

THE PERSON DOESN'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU. its as simple as 1-2-3. This is why i usually stay to myself, unless someone wants to talk to me.

and remember. WHO ARE THEY? WHY ARE THESE FLAKEY STUCK UP PEOPLE SO IMPORTANT? theyre not, they are just selfish and dont want to talk to you, and the one way to not have it happen is not to get involved and/or send messages to people, or talk to people.

People like that dont go anywhere in life anyways, trust me I've seen it.

Gliesen_Antrho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 May 2009, 12:08 pm

Quote:
The don't reply because they don't want to be bothered with you (They dont want to talk to you) period.
Then WTF did they give you their number/e-mail/whatever.

This seems common but I can't work it out, I mean I don't go around giving telemarketers and church leaders my contact details cos I don't want to hear from them :roll: