Does anyone know about Simon-Baron Cohen's MindReading Emoti

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

NicksQuestions
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2009, 2:18 am

I don't know if I have HFA/Asperger's, although I suspect I do. I want to become better at reading people since I usually feel clueless.

Does anyone know about Simon-Baron Cohen's MindReading Emotions? I heard that it has over 200 emotions grouped into 24 groups. It's supposed to have six video clips of animated facial expressions for each of the over 200 emotions, plus six audio clips of each emotion so that you can study the tone of voice, plus examples of the context. I heard it's supposed to help you develop your abilities in reading non-verbal cues.

I want to become better at reading people. Does anyone know about this MindReading Emotions computer program? Has anyone heard how effective it is?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 8:02 pm

I found this link a while ago.

http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/tests/cam.asp

You have to download and set up some programs though and it's kind of a pain to figure out. Also, it only works on Windows operating systems.

I found out that I don't have trouble reading facial expressions or tone of voice. According to this test the source of my social difficulties must be elsewhere. :?