How do you do things you don't agree with?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2010, 7:46 pm

I work part time in a special education class. .

There have been too many times when I have to do what my boss says when I don't agree with her. Or there is a situation that looks the same as a previous one so I do what she said to do in that but she tells me and the others to do the opposite. There will be days she compliments us on something we do, yet the next day we are told it's wrong and we should do...whatever it is she sees as right.

It's not only me who feels this way. All of us do. And sometimes I have to do what the other teachers say to do.

But I need to learn how to do things I don't agree with without either saying things I shouldn't, crying (the type of meltdown I have), or it showing on my face. So my feelings about this are things that are the same as NTs but how I react is not.

Any advice?
Thanks

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 11:45 am

I think I understand where you are coming from. I used to work in a call centre. It was a part time job to tide me over through college. It was very frustrating because we'd get told to do one thing one day and then the total opposite the next. It drove me mad. I tend to get a little upset when I don't understand the reason behind something. I don't like being asked to do something I don't agree with and I like to know the reason before doing it. But it isn't always appropriate to ask for a reason all the time.

I just get on with it as best I can when I don't agree, or when I see a better way of doing something but my boss insists I do it his way. A new guy started at my work recently and I have to make up a weekly chart for him. I know how I want to do the chart, but it has taken me a couple of weeks to understand how he wants me to do the chart. I have found this very difficult to adjust to and it has really stressed me out.

Sorry, I don't know if that is helpful.

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2010, 7:38 pm

Thanks.
I've got to do better at keeping things from my voice and off my face. It's so hard not to show what I feel.
Thanks a lot for replying. It definitely helps when someone replies to things I write.

Hope all is going well with you.