Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lonelyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2010, 1:05 am

1. don't be yourself (whatever you do)
2. limit your conversations with people to superficial topics
3. go out to bars
4. your idea of a fun evening should be going out to a bar with many people you barely know, getting drunk, eating some greasy food, and returning home after your clothes stink with cigarette smoke.
5. be obsessed about sports, especially if you're a guy.
6. your goal should be to meet as many people as possible rather than meet one or two people whom you feel connected to.
7. have a profile on facebook, tweets, myspace, and update your drunk pictures at least daily.
8. always have a smile on your face, especially if you're a woman. a woman is not allowed to show negative emotions.
9. if you're depressed, or have financial problems, or family issues, keep those to yourself. nobody out there really cares about your happiness or well-being.
10. don't ever admit to be insecure or lack confidence in yourself.
11. laugh at whatever dumb youtube video others are laughing, even if you find it boring/not funny.
12. if you're bored during a night out with your "friends", don't show it.
13. get a boyfriend if you're a woman, or people will think that there's something wrong with you. this rule doesn't apply to men.
14. if you're a woman who needs glasses, get contact lenses. wearing glasses makes you look serious and intelligent--both are unattractive qualities for a woman to have.

please keep on adding to my list.

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2010, 1:27 am

What about true friends? I made more true friends when I acted myself. The facade was too much to keep up with.

lonelyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2010, 1:43 am

Villette wrote:
What about true friends? I made more true friends when I acted myself. The facade was too much to keep up with.

this has yet to happen to me (with NT people), but I congratulate you. :salut:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 2:51 am

lonelyLady wrote:
Villette wrote:

this has yet to happen to me (with NT people), but I congratulate you. :salut:

I never had much luck with my real self being accepted, either, but also not denying it can happen for some. Probably depends on the people who are around, as well as other mysterious factors.

Did happen once, though. That was way cool.

Have argue some with #13: if you're a guy you're supposed to be all 'seasoned' and experienced and such. You're also supposed to be having sex constantly and be bragging about it.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 2:57 am

That sounds horrible to me...I can never do that...
I have actually managed to get NT friends by being myself. Including male friends.
And those friends I made by being myself, they stay with me after I disclose AS to them and support me.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 3:02 am

melbi wrote:
That sounds horrible to me...I can never do that...
I have actually managed to get NT friends by being myself. Including male friends.
And those friends I made by being myself, they stay with me after I disclose AS to them and support me.

By the way, "those friends" means two friends...guess I'm quite lucky =)
I onced try not to be myself to get friends but I ended up hurting myself and I swear not to hide my true self ever again.
But I guess I do try to "restrict" some characters when I'm with NTs... like repetitive speech etc... but sometimes is hard to control...

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

21 May 2010, 3:07 am

This thread is a joke, right?
Yet people are responding seriously to it. :?

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2010, 3:34 am

HILARIOUS!! This is just what the general population of NTs tend to be

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2010, 4:11 am

My facade is quiet, reserved and aloof. My real self is really quite bubbly, once you get to know me. How I make friends: well, it's limited to liberal-minded/nerdy/nice friendly people. I STILL can't get along with girly girls, but I made friends with 2 fellow gluttons who are concerned over their studies. In high school I made friends when I took an interest in politics. They were intellectual. I still don't have many friends but I can get along with the more accepting and serious sort.

Strangely enough in school the younger guys liked to say hi to me. Considering I wasn't very outgoing.

OccamsIndecision
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2010, 4:50 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
Yet people are responding seriously to it. :?

You took the words right out of my mouth. Number 7 gave it away. (and 8, 13 and 14)

lonelyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2010, 3:24 pm

MrDiamondMind wrote:

it's a humorous depiction of the harsh reality in the world today. Most of these are based on my personal experience.
About the origin of number 14...
I used to have a lot more guys approach me back when I was a freshman/sophomore in college than nowadays, and I've been wondering why. I look exactly the same, except that I'm wearing glasses regularly nowadays. If anything, I think I am more attractive now than I was back then--I got better at using make up, dressing well, and being more confident. I am also better off financially and more independent. I realize this sounds ridiculous, but I can't help but think that my glasses are the reason...

TheFunnyTroll
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 May 2010, 6:17 pm

15- Stop believing that the world is in conflict between "NTs" and "ASs"

Quote:
13. get a boyfriend if you're a woman, or people will think that there's something wrong with you. this rule doesn't apply to men.

Wrong, so many people think that I might be gay or with some sexual dysfunction because I have never had a gf.

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 10:47 am

glasses may hide an intense expression.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 10:58 am

TheFunnyTroll wrote:
15- Stop believing that the world is in conflict between "NTs" and "ASs"

Quote:

Wrong, so many people think that I might be gay or with some sexual dysfunction because I have never had a gf.

I have been married and have had a few girlfriends and people still think I'm gay. I have always been 100% heterosexual so I can't figure that one out at all.

lonelyLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2010, 4:29 pm

Metal_Man wrote:
I have been married and have had a few girlfriends and people still think I'm gay. I have always been 100% heterosexual so I can't figure that one out at all.

maybe you're too good-looking

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 9:39 pm

lonelyLady wrote:
Metal_Man wrote:

maybe you're too good-looking

I've never been accused of being too good-looking before. I think it has to do with body language and the fact that I don't have the same interests as the typical heterosexual man, beer, sports, beer, NASCAR, beer, more sports, etc.