Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jun 2010, 3:36 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
Let's hear it.

It'd violate the rules so it's not gonna happen.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

08 Jun 2010, 3:54 am

You should be able to say it in a way that wouldn't break the rules. And if you don't know how to do that, then next time just say "It's nothing to do with AS" without adding the other sentence. Adding that raises curiosity in others that won't be resolved because you're either too lazy or too much of a pu**y. Or both.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jun 2010, 4:08 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
You should be able to say it in a way that wouldn't break the rules. And if you don't know how to do that, then next time just say "It's nothing to do with AS" without adding the other sentence. Adding that raises curiosity in others that won't be resolved because you're either too lazy or too much of a pu**y. Or both.

Ok, well, it's nothing to do with Asperger's, it's just that you're not a very nice, quite intolerant person. I think the solution to your problem lies inwards, rather than outwards.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jun 2010, 10:14 pm

Look, man, I don't mean to sound like a prick. And I'm not saying all average people are boring. If they have the right kind of personality I guess I could find them interesting too. It's just that there are times that I want to talk about something, but I can't. I'm actually a nice person.
By the way, guess what movie I'm watching as I type this? It's got "Henry Krinkle" in it.

antique_toy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2010, 1:06 am

i have no social network either. i'm hardly even noticed on facebook. :lol:
i don't work or go to school and i also just stay at home doing whatever.

i used to think a lot of people were stupid because of the way they interacted with me socially but i realized that there's no way one can possibly tell how intelligent someone is just by talking to them. some people who act like complete dumbasses are actually geniuses. and some social alphas who have the wittiest, most spot-on things to say are just average people with a lot of self confidence.
i think i come off as stupid to NT's when i don't get their jokes or contribute anything interesting to conversations... more often i'm the one being pigeonholed into the annoying/dumb category.

antique_toy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2010, 1:18 am

MrDiamondMind wrote:
Cuterebra wrote:
I always filtered my intelligence. The only people I ever talked to by using a light filter were my parents. And it went over their heads many times. I never talked to anyone "raw". :wink:

I'm 24 years old and I never truly talked to anybody. Can you believe that? It's annoying, especially knowing that I could.

ook, and this is what you're doing wrong.
trust me, i used to think the same way. i thought, oh yeah... everyone is so dumb. i should dull down what i say and pretend i'm stupid. but guess what that is? it's lacking empathy. it's presuming you're better than everyone and patronizing them. and maybe some people notice this and find it annoying. i'm just saying. i've had much better luck since i learned to stop categorizing people.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 1:52 am

antique toy, it's best that I dumb myself down when talking to people, trust me. And I don't do it in a condescending manner.
If I spoke to people the way I want to speak, then most people won't understand me.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2010, 3:04 pm

It's not just intelligence. People don't speak to each other about IQ tests. You'd be surprised how many people have quite deep interests in things that you don't know about. If I spoke to a physicist, I wouldn't understand most of what he said just as if I spoke to him about computers he wouldn't understand most of what I said. That doesn't mean we're both stupid.

JRogers
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2010, 8:56 pm

HenryKrinkle wrote:
It's not just intelligence. People don't speak to each other about IQ tests. You'd be surprised how many people have quite deep interests in things that you don't know about. If I spoke to a physicist, I wouldn't understand most of what he said just as if I spoke to him about computers he wouldn't understand most of what I said. That doesn't mean we're both stupid.

My friend here has pretty much nailed it. I think that in this case we have someone that may be overestimating their own intelligence a bit. It's not that doing this is a horrible thing - I did it myself (and still continue to some degree), but it seems an awful lot more likely than simply being so intelligent that you've yet to find one person that you can truly level with.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 8:57 pm

HenryKrinkle wrote:
It's not just intelligence. People don't speak to each other about IQ tests

'Tis a non sequitur, sir.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 9:03 pm

JRogers wrote:
HenryKrinkle wrote:

My friend here has pretty much nailed it. I think that in this case we have someone that may be overestimating their own intelligence a bit. It's not that doing this is a horrible thing - I did it myself (and still continue to some degree), but it seems an awful lot more likely than simply being so intelligent that you've yet to find one person that you can truly level with.

I have met such people. But only online. Hell, I've 'spoken' to people smarter than me online.

pinkdoughnut
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2010, 10:58 pm

God, stop whinging. You've got a whole chatroom full of intellectual equals now, or at least people as into themselves as you are. What do you want to talk about? I can talk about neurobiology to a small extent, anthropology, literary prose, surrealist poetry, modern art, beetles, arachnids, ice cream and pie. My favorites to talk about are anthropology, literary prose and pie (pie is a new fascination actually). Know anything about pie? Or pi? Its a cool number but its really long. I also just mentioned it because it sounds like pie, I don't know anything about fancy math

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 11:50 pm

I don't think I'm whining too much. If you want to talk about something, that's fine by me. Blast me with what you know about anthropology if you want; I'm sure I'll be able to counter.

JRogers

10 Jun 2010, 1:20 am

Oh good, a "hissing" contest between brainy folk.

I'm done with this thread. Peace! :lol:

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2010, 2:11 am

You don't have to go. This contest might take place on another thread, while this thread could keep sticking to its subject.

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

how do you get around the prolim? how did you do it?