Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2010, 3:11 pm

I spend all of my time alone and friendless, and it's been that way for four years because of my ailing health. But I'm running out of ways to keep myself entertained daily, so I'm getting a little more depressed. I've tried TV/Movies, Internet, Video Games, Exercise, Swimming, Golfing, Meditation, Yoga, Writing, Music, and Art to help me feel like I have a life, but nothing's worked in making me happy.

I don't have access to a vehicle and the only time I leave the house is for doctor appointments. The only people who dare talk to me are doctors and my parents. I'm barely able to get out of bed every morning due to fibromyalgia so I can't do too much without being bedridden for days. I've tried joining some groups over the years but been rejected from them all. What am I supposed to do to keep myself sane?

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

You should get a low maintenance pet. Cats are not demanding when it comes to running around and playing. Granted, they would depend on you for regularly scheduled offerings of food and water, and I know some cats that would kill for a few foam ball toys to bat around, but the quiet cuddling makes it worthwhile. Animals such as cats are known to have therapeutic value. Maybe you already have a cat. Or maybe you are allergic. I am :lol: I just..deal with it.

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2010, 6:49 pm

I'd recommend a cat too. I picked up an adult Maine Coon from a shelter and she's great company, low maintenance (indoor only), intelligent, curious, and very much a 'single person' cat. There's nothing like being headbutted by an affectionate ball of fur at 4am to cheer you up.

Oh, and the world's best cat toy is a laser pointer, minimal effort, maximum effect.

:D

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 8:15 pm

Why were you rejected from the groups?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 9:05 pm

The thing that helps me, is listening to music.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2010, 9:07 pm

When I saw the tittle "Self Entertainment" I was thinking of something else but then I realized I was in the Social forum & NOT the Adult one :x I don't know much about fibromyalgia but that mite be one way you could pass time by yourself :wink:

I spend quite a lot of time at home as well. It used to bug me quite a lot years ago but now I kinda like it. I find ways to pass time online. I listen to a lot of music & I post a lot. Posting is a form of social communication for me & I have a goal of making friends, trying to help others by listening & giving out advice. I'm hoping that I'll somehow find a way to improve my situation like make some friends who I can do stuff with offline as well or stumble onto something that will help me find a job or something. Day-dreaming helps me pass a lot of time as well. I'm not sure if any of this helped :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 11:03 pm

i can only say what works for me- learning to dwell only on good thoughts and to eschew bad thoughts, nip 'em in the bud as soon as they arise. develop one's imagination and fantasy inner life. if at all possible, learn to lucidly dream or astrally project - i have made a bit of progress on the former.